ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Gerber or Sign Lab software?

I use Gerber omega 2.2 software. I want to get Sign Lab for my winter home down south.

Looking for pro & con about Sign Lab software, or just get another Omega?

At fist I didn't want to learn a new program, but was told it would be no problem.

Please give U'r input....Thanks

I have yet to even see Gerber. I have Sign Lab but haven't really dabbed into it to much, but I think I will start since it has drivers for more cnc router. I mostly use flexi. But I think if you call the company they will send you a demo CD where you can do everything but save files or something like that.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Having worked with SignLab and Gerber Omega I prefer Omega.

It could be the more organized environment of Composer or the more capabilites that Omega offers in one screen.

When using SignLab I feel as if certain functions/tools arent "grouped" accordingly to there final use.

I am currently working with Flexi and find ot to be similar (but NOT the same to Omega). Guessing after 15 years I am a die-hard Gerber fan :headbang:

Since you own a copy of Omega you can purchase a second USB key for a fraction of the software's cost.

Just my 2 cents.

Fran

• 6 years later...

I have to agree with Fran Even tho both are great programs.

One thing I do know about Sign Lab is the customer support is awesome.

Don't know what Omega is like but haven't heard anything negative at all.

Since I'm in Canada that's my 2 1/2 cents.

LOL Cheers.

I have owned both of these and currently we run SignLab. We changed over to SignLab several years ago when we got our first large format printer. Gerber used to be so proprietary, didn't work well with others. I think they have improved that in the last few years. When we first changed to SignLab it did a much better job of importing different file types and it would drive everyones plotters and printers. It would even drive the Gerber Edge just fine. SignLab will even open files that Illustrator has trouble with and will open native Gerber .plt files. It is different from Omega, although I haven't seen the newer versions of Omega, both are good programs, and there are features of each that I like better. Guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

• 11 years later...