ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

best way to learn neon??/

probably been asked a million times but here goes would really like to learn NEON. have looked for mentors in DFW Texas. found one school in Irving at one time but had to commit to 8 hour days & standing long times I am disabled ( can't stand but about an hour at a time & only like once a day so I limit my standing as if I overdoo it one day the next I can't get up & stand but for a couple minutes. Ideas guys ???

probably been asked a million times but here goes would really like to learn NEON. have looked for mentors in DFW Texas. found one school in Irving at one time but had to commit to 8 hour days & standing long times I am disabled ( can't stand but about an hour at a time & only like once a day so I limit my standing as if I overdoo it one day the next I can't get up & stand but for a couple minutes. Ideas guys ???

[/quote

Ooops.... must have deleted my response. Ed Waldrum's School of Neon is in your backyard, however it would be difficult for Ed to adapt his course instruction for the disability you describe. There is no doubt that you could learn the trade, however, you would have to have a special set of fires and tables to make the process easier for you. Don't give up and perhaps call Ed and ask for his advice. He been doing this for 60 years and the contacts he has may help you find some resolve. :weld:

I'm not sure I agree with Dave on this one. Ed is a pretty fussy person and very set in his ways. This is just my opinion, but I cannot possibly imagine him even entertaining the idea of teaching someone with a disability much less following through with it if he was somehow convinced to do it.

Unfortunately, any kind of neon work other than doing small hobby stuff will involve long periods of standing. Even if you did as Dave suggested and made special tables, burners and other equipment, you would still be very limited as to what you could do. Please don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to burst your bubble or hopes and dreams. I am just trying to give you a realistic viewpoint. There used to be a neon school in Tennessee that claimed they taught handicap people to do neon. But the instructor was only in it for the government money he was paid. Even with the special tables and equipment the school had, it was still very difficult for some to attempt to do the work. I am not aware of anyone that attended the school who actually became a neon bender, or for that matter completed the course.

yep Ed is a finicky old man, wife talked with him at one point & he was very unhelping. See my disability is interesting as there are times I can stand/lean fo some periods & other days not.