ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Banner Scam

I have been receiving emails from different addresses (email) all with proper English names (latest was Alfred Marley). They all request canvas banners of varying sizes in a quantity of 100. They are supposedly for orphanages or the latest is "CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH". They then inquire about you shipping them overseas to Accra Ghana. That was where I realized it was a scam. They wanted me to set up overseas delivery, and were asking detailed info about my shop...be on the look out for this! I dont know what exactly the scam is...but if it smells like a rat and looks like a rat...chances are, it IS a rat

• Board Patron
I have been receiving emails from different addresses (email) all with proper English names (latest was Alfred Marley). They all request canvas banners of varying sizes in a quantity of 100. They are supposedly for orphanages or the latest is "CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH". They then inquire about you shipping them overseas to Accra Ghana. That was where I realized it was a scam. They wanted me to set up overseas delivery, and were asking detailed info about my shop...be on the look out for this! I dont know what exactly the scam is...but if it smells like a rat and looks like a rat...chances are, it IS a rat

There are tons of those scams out there.

solution never do any multi banner jobs from an email you receive or you are putting yourself at risk!!!!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati
There are tons of those scams out there.

solution never do any multi banner jobs from an email you receive or you are putting yourself at risk!!!!

I get them here. I respond to them and play. I ask for a 500$ certified check as a evaluation fee and after it has cleared I will look at their file. No takers yet or repeat mails from the same person. I get a lot of website domain name scams and deceased plane victims. They are fun to play with because they screw up bad withing the first 2 responces and then google them a picture of their adress and say your rep will visit to verify legitimacy.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

I get them here. I respond to them and play. I ask for a 500$ certified check as a evaluation fee and after it has cleared I will look at their file. No takers yet or repeat mails from the same person. I get a lot of website domain name scams and deceased plane victims. They are fun to play with because they screw up bad withing the first 2 responces and then google them a picture of their adress and say your rep will visit to verify legitimacy.

The two I got were almost like form letters...they just changed their name and the name of the organization...these guys have done some good certified check forgeries from what I've heard too

Yes, be careful of this scam. We had a similar incident back in August 2007 where a person called " Alfred Wayne" contacted us about manufacturing 50 banners that read "JEHOVAH SHAMA" The scam had all the same conditions that you described. We ended up reporting this to the local FBI office, and they said that his type of scam is "Nigerian" and that there are so many different people involved that it is hard to track the source. BEWARE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS! This "Alfred Wayne" uses several different alias'.

If anyone on here decides to fall for this, I have a buddy who has money he needs that is caught in escrow. All I need is your checking account and routing number so i can get it for you. :)

I had something similar with labels. I knew right away it was a scam and I had a bit of fun with him. He certainly had to work hard to get what he thought was a sucker. WRONGO. I also have had a few calls over the last year from a TTY operator with someone that was was calling from overseas that turned out to be a scam. He wanted an awning and wanted it shipped to Africa. I got the attorney generals office involved in that one. It was becoming quite annoying not to mention obviousely that would have never panned out. It was for an orphanage or something like that. It takes all kinds

I had something similar with labels. I knew right away it was a scam and I had a bit of fun with him. He certainly had to work hard to get what he thought was a sucker. WRONGO. I also have had a few calls over the last year from a TTY operator with someone that was was calling from overseas that turned out to be a scam. He wanted an awning and wanted it shipped to Africa. I got the attorney generals office involved in that one. It was becoming quite annoying not to mention obviousely that would have never panned out. It was for an orphanage or something like that. It takes all kinds

Good for you! I'm glad that you recognized the scam an gave that creep a hard time! :thumbs: