ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

What do you think of this overhang

• Board Patron

i risk a bad credit rating, that is the only thing stopping payments been cut off. My credit is good now and can't risk it.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

my exact request was a crane at 75' and truck weight of 22,500lbs max. Exactly what was signed for on the contract. Don't let them tell you that I chose the truck. Do you install 24' pylons on a 4x4 post, no, you tell the customer it won't hold. They said no problem it should only way 20,000lbs when its done. . It ended up a 25,000lbs approx., I let it go and just upgraded my licence. It has been down hill from there.

Why 22,000? when I am up 75' I like some iron under me. We don't have a single truck under CDL weight, every time I see an add for a truck under CDL I have to laugh and wonder if they can even completely fill the fuel tanks and not be over weight on the front axle. I'd tell'em to put the damn thing on a CDL truck or stick it.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I'm with you, I like to have a stable platform. I picked this truck up on the cheap, it's an F8000 with an Altec lift. The GVWR is 50,000 yet it only weighs 29,000. It has a new 3208 CAT, automatic, and air brakes. We call it "Goliath."

I don't know what to say about your truck other than I think it's going to be an expensive fix. I looked at their site and saw your truck. It says it's sold but they have another one just like it! Good luck getting this resolved.

F8000-1.jpg

• Board Patron

ARRIVED, FAILED AGAIN, STILL NOT TRUCK ON ROAD, OR COMPENSATION FROM SAM MARCUM OF SKYLIFT. NOT AN ENGINEERED PRODUCT, NO STAMPED OR APPROVED DRAWINGS.???

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

I am getting ANSI to check these guys out, let you know what happens. Our lift company wants some changes to stamp the certification and they are planning to send a certification without doing the recommended changes. Pretty much bypass the neccesary changes. Anybody got a good contact at CSA or OSHA so they get moving on getting it legit? I've been patient enough not to be cut short of safety.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Sent the certification to ANSI and they laughed in my face (via email), they are joining CSA to investigate together. You are not allowed to use their name unless you are registered. No engineering on this truck, so it most likely will be a few months to get approved, not to mention the outrigger is already leaking. Cutting of lease payments, call Sam Marcum the truck is for sale, then call a scrap yard to pick it up. Lost my shirt on this deal

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

still no word if they are coming up with the engineering and stamped certification. Everybody knows you need this if an accident like the JLG one we were pardoned from. Make sure you guys got yours in case of an accident, whether it is skylift ,Elliot , Versa etc. First thing they will ask for, i've down that road

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

still no truck or engineering supplied to us. skylift (sam marcum) and the wells fargo are both not answering phones.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

still no word if they are coming up with the engineering and stamped certification. Everybody knows you need this if an accident like the JLG one we were pardoned from. Make sure you guys got yours in case of an accident, whether it is skylift ,Elliot , Versa etc. First thing they will ask for, i've down that road

I don't think that is the case in the US

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

are you saying if you don't have your equipment certified, they don't care?

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

No.. I'm saying that I have never ever heard of anyone having certification and engineering drawings of their trucks with them or at their shop.

We just returned from OK yesterday from Wilkie MFG with our new 87' sign crane that they installed on our truck and I did not get any drawings or certification paperwork and I am not concerned by that at all.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

we now have a lawyer on this case and all the funds that went out are suppose to be coming back and the truck we traded in. Send me pictures of the new truck, we are now looking to buy a legit machine.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

we now have a lawyer on this case and all the funds that went out are suppose to be coming back and the truck we traded in. Send me pictures of the new truck, we are now looking to buy a legit machine.

I'm glad that you may finally resolve this thing. I posted a pick of our truck, it is not the unit you would want but we looked at a couple like you are looking for while we were there and they are really nice. Give Brian a call they are really great people to deal with.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

no refund yet and no truck to use either. We are trying to get our 2006 ford back here to use until they settle it. Skylift couldn't care less for their mistake and what it has cost us so far.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

no refund yet and no truck to use either. We are trying to get our 2006 ford back here to use until they settle it. Skylift couldn't care less for their mistake and what it has cost us so far.

I can't see anyone on here every buying a truck from them after watching this play out. How long have they been in business?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

looks like 2-3 years only, just found that out

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

I don't think they will be around long with a reputation like this

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

This is on the job training for skylift LLC, getting their edumication as they go and all on your dollar

Think we like have all just heard about the "flyby night" of the crane industry.

Wait until the first accident I suppose, and we can come back to this archeived thread and all wonder how they ever came to business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

not sure, Sam Marcum ring a bell?

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

You would not know they were in business just 2-3 years based on their testimonial page:

"I have known Sam and the people at Skylift now for over a decade and have always purchased their trucks. They are great to deal with and are always there when we need them. "

- Clint Charles, Sterling Signs

• Board Patron

looked it up and no luck

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

I just finished looking at the Canadian sign magazine "SignMedia"for the first time. Never heard of the magazine. Skylift LLC sure does advertise heavy in there with a full page ad.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Guest Signtiffic

Regardless of what they (Skylift)say or change from here on out, I sincerely doubt I would entertain using their equipment for any reason based solely on this thread..... for God's sake... I'm post 124. This has been going on forever. Why would anyone else want to torture themselves by doing business with this manufacturer???

As for the Canuck (no offense Rocco... my fam is French Canadian) I have no idea how in the hell he has remained so passive about all of this. I think I would have physically hurt someone by now. My hat's off to you sir. Excellent display of patience.

Edited by Signtiffic

• Board Patron

gotta thank Sign Sydicate for the site, this is where I yell and scream about this and let it out. Lucky I don't drink or do drugs (would have been dead by now) I'm sure the cigarettes and coffee will kill me that I have smoked through all this. Probably the day I get the elliot or wilkie I should have got the first time. My wife is from Montreal, I always tease her for it. I give the patients credit to the half side of my brain that doesn't work. Also have to thank everyone for their advise and comments, they helped

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446