ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

EXTRA EXTRA - Kgirl to be become Neon Bender

I'm a neon skool drop out! :muahaha:

I did it twice. I attended the neon studies & lab course they have here at UCSD YEARS ago. So recent mention about Ed Waldrum here along with the UCSD course on the list got me thinking, "I may miss an opportunity and never get it back". I also hate starting something and not finishing it. Years ago when I became a Neon Skool Flunkie and drop out, work go to busy, and so did my party life.

So, the other night I asked Kirstie if she would be interested in taking this course with me next quarter as we just missed the start of this quarter by a couple of weeks. To my surprise, she said "Yes". Granite it wasn't as hard as when I asked her to marry me, but it still surprised me nonetheless.

There are some other very interesting courses as well, I'd like to learn glass blowing too.

Anyway, stay tuned for some mad Kgirl bending skeeelz. I may even have a (cover your ears Garett) lamp maker soon! :P

Now, to picture her with a tube in her mouth blowing (lol), standing over a ribbon burner is very hard to picture right now. I'm going to have to take pictures to believe it! :crazy:

PS- If this in anyway affects nail polish, please make NO mention of it!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

I can see things happening in this shop where glass get broken, people get burned and the tables get STUFF all over it.

I agree with that assessment ------

And keep in mind, that quite possibly UCSD is geared towards the "arteest" bending, not to be confused with sign bending. Alot of "arteests" can't follow a pattern to save their soul. But, nevertheless, you'll have fun. Course, that is IF you ever get passed the "work" on the table issues.

Oh yeah, this course is hardly geared toward anything sign industry. It's cactus's and palm trees, and peoples names.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Great idea ! :thumbs:

3 keys to successful glass blowing

1. Relax

2. Be patient

3. Let gravity do the work

Oh yeah , and the ability to tolerate the occasional 3rd degree burn :P

Good luck !

• Board Patron

If you want a real skoolin' pay Gary to come to you shop and show you a thing or two

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Yes,

This should be VERY INTERESTING.......I KNOW nothing about Neon except when I pick it up from Garett's place and how nice it looks when the job is complete......SO BRIGHT......

This should be a blast of a class and I am very excited to be taking it with Erik.......the glass blowing, shoot....look out instructor Kgirl is now in the building!!!! lol fnd%20(1).gif

Stay tune!!!!!!!!

If you want a real skoolin' pay Gary to come to you shop and show you a thing or two

I probably would but this is just a hobby venture skooling, I'm not looking to invest in a neon shop or start doing my own neon. Gary are you doing this often, being a traveling teacher?

• !llumenati

It's not like the world is dying to learn how to bend neon anymore. So, to be honest, no. I do get to show the guy here some tricks - like saving a classic tube after it cracks both directions, and how to save a tube after he inadvertently blew holes in it by bombarding. Neat things like that - and then some cool tricks like the one I showed Brian - using the 20mil glass and creating two 5 mil tubes out of it with a twist..........

gn

Oh yeah , and the ability to tolerate the occasional 3rd degree burn :P

Be sure to get a tube of Foille 200.jpg

You'll know you are dedicated when you'd rather gut out the burn than do the sane thing and drop the glass!