ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Educating a Moron - Can it be done?

Variances for neon signs approved

post-3-0-49693600-1377786892.jpg

http://www.ledgertranscript.com/home/8246100-95/variances-for-neon-signs-approved

Bugs Bunny said it best me thinks

Rick Sirvint

“Diners exist without signs,” Sirvint said. He strongly objected to the use of neon. “What does neon represent? For a lot of people, it’s low-class, commercial and gaudy. This does change the character of the town. I moved to Rindge to get away from neon. I have no problem with the diner, my concern is the neon,” said Sirvint.

Anne Halliday

“Neon for many people is a dirty word, representing the Vegas strip or something similar. That’s not what we’re doing here,” she said.

Gordon Ripley

Resident Gordon Ripley noted he felt the neon fit the business. “I see the word ‘diner’ in neon,” he told the board. “I think it’s going to be beautiful.” He added that he would hate to see a different sign have to go up at the diner.

Marcia Breckenridge

ZBA member Marcia Breckenridge disagreed with Sirvint’s assessment, saying that the purpose of the gateway district is to maintain a unique charm of the area, which the diner does. “To me, part and parcel with the diner is the diner sign,” she said. “The two are inextricably linked historically.”

And some wonder why their cities fail to flourish economically. Maybe because some municipals and committee's are not business "Friendly"? Who can look at this diner and then look at the sign that had traditionally signified diners and think "Low class?" What a Moron! The news you can run into amazes me sometimes. But this article is one of many that continually show that demand is coming back!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill