ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I think I am going to get a new (to me) truck. Best places for Elliott?

Brian

• Board Patron

Has anybody else read the latest OSHA ruling that states that bucket trucks that are not rated over 2000 lbs. cannot be used to lift people? Goes into effect late next year.

No clue Signs Manufacturing. Why don't you hi jack OSHA's website as well. I'm sure you can try to get some of their business as well. Have to say thanks, for trying to sponge our customers, via google. The ones that actually looked at your web site, had a good laugh.

• Like 1

• Board Patron

I agree Mark that was a desperate act that is a prime example of the lack of ethics some businesses have these days.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Oh, I'm sorry if you feel that is unethical. We are not claiming to be anything that we aren't. We are simply offering our company as an alternative to Alltex.

What gave us the idea was an ad by a windows and remodeling company, I can't remember the name, that talked about how their prices were lower than Sears. I didn't find the ad to be unethical, just competitive.

• Board Patron

Totally disagree You have your site set up to pick up searches Alltex signs. I guess though if a window company did it must be the norm. What a load of B.S.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Did you target other sign companies or just Alltex? I don't think you will feel any love from anyone on here for that kind of back stabbing.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

calculate extra fuel and extra repairs on the old truck, sometimes its cheaper to lease/finance a fancy new truck, plus you will get better/higher jobs,more business. first 1,2 days of the month cover your payments. the rest, your fuel, insurance you have to pay on an old or new truck anyway

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• 1 month later...

Joe Thompson

MIRK INC

Elliott dealer

540-815-3727

We are an elliot dealer and respond to all quote request as soon as possible , i am not sure who you called at mirk and did not get a responce , all i can do is offer my contact infomation .

we have a couple of options for you g85r elliott needs , i have called and left a couple of messages @ your office .

please feel free to contact me @ any time .

Edited by Erik Cin
Non-Baord Vendor

• Board Patron

Thanks Joe but the the guy I talked to at Mirk laughed when I said I was needing to stay at 80k or under. His exact words were you can't buy an Elliott for that. That is why we have not returned your calls. I don't want to deal with people who laugh at what I can spend.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

wow ! sorry possibley he does not know the current stock of elliott products , as we do normally keep very late model units in stock 2008 - 2012 .

i also from time to time have units listed for customers looking to move there older units , thye are going to be priced some what lower .

please review the attached unit ( customer owned g85r ) $80,000.00 location detoit , michigan , if you would like to talk with him direct please let me know .

the price of the new stuff and the lack of new , has pushed the price of used up .

Edited by Erik Cin
Non-Vendor

• 2 years later...

I've owned both Elliott's , Manitex and others.  Both good trucks.  We have 2 Elliott's now and one Manitex.  Hard to beat the customer service you get over the phone from Elliott.  If we have an issue, and it can be fixed by our guys in the field... they do not mind spending the time to talk us thru it.   Easy to order parts.   

Nothing bad to say about Manitex.  They are both good sign trucks. 

One thing about the 33000 ton trucks... have to have cdl to drive them.   That some times becomes an issue.  50% of our trucks are over 33,000#. Our next truck will be a 26000.  Looking to add one more this year or early next. 

Joe

• Board Patron

This is an old post, but I ended up with a SX57 skyhoist and love it!   It is on a 26000# truck but so far no issues.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Hello Joe.  I work with Elliott Equipment Company and saw your post this morning, so i thought I could comment and contribute something to the conversation.

First off, thanks for the compliment on the customer service.  I'm going to make sure our aftersales support guys see your post, I think it will mean a lot to them.  

The topic of non-CDL sign trucks is one that comes up often, and it's why we focus on maintaining a full lineup of installation and service trucks that are available as non-CDL trucks. 

Compared to the trucks you have now, we've made some big updates on our Elliott HiReach products including an entirely new work platform and control box design (aluminum floor, redesigned controls, new EZR design).  We've also completely changed the jib winch to allow it to be easily stowed in the basket (no more disassembly), and it extends further out over the front of the platform rails.  Here are some pictures of the new design.  

IMG_0550.JPGIMG_0710.JPG

To help you on your search, here is a list of the most popular non-CDL trucks we offer.  If you're worried about carrying capacity, we offer aluminum beds and boxes on all models to help trim down the weight even further.

Elliott M43 Install/Service Truck

http://www.elliottequip.com/products/m43r-hireach/

48' working height, 36' side reach, fits on a 19,500 lb GVWR Dodge 5500 or Ford F550.  Has a 500 lb jib winch and a  2,000 lb main winch option which means that you won't need an OSHA crane license in November 2017 when the new crane law goes into effect.  The combination of small chassis, material handling, and side reach makes it a great combo install/service truck.

Elliott L55/L60 Install Truck

http://www.elliottequip.com/products/l55r-hireach/ 

http://www.elliottequip.com/products/l60r-hireach/

57' or 62' working height, unrestricted side reach, 500 lb two-man basket, fits on a 25,999 lb GVWR non-CDL truck (Freightliner/International/Ford/etc).  Has a 5,900 lb main winch for heavy lifting.  L60 model has an optional 500 lb jib winch in the platform.

Elliott V60F Service Truck

http://www.elliottequip.com/products/v60f-hireach/

63' working height and a 500 lb platform capacity with an optional 500 lb jib winch.  Fits on a small 19,500 lb GVWR truck with a 10'5" outrigger spread, making it easy to set up in a tight space.

Elliott M85 Service Truck

http://www.elliottequip.com/products/m85-hireach/ 

87' working height and 74' side reach with a 750 lb capacity two-man basket, all rated at 25,999 lbs GVWR non-CDL.  Excellent side reach.

If you'd like any help, please do not hesitate to let us know.  We can connect you with a distributor too.  Best way to reach us is at sales@elliottequip.com or on the website www.elliottequip.com 

• Like 1

Thanks David!  This is very helpful. I will be in-touch soon.   Glad you found something that works for you Brian.

joe