ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

What is a Sponco worth??

What is a Sponco worth??

I have an old sponco 69 foot ladder truck. I see the 55 foot all the time, but the 69 foot seems to be uncommon. The truck is a very old and worn 1966 chevy.  It needs to be retrucked.  I am thinking about retrucking it, but I do not think I need it.  So I am wondering what it is worth and if I could sell it.

I need to put it under 24V power and see what works, but what do you think?

-       is it worth more without the truck?

-       If I retrucked it – would it help sell it, or just add expense

I would like your opinion. I am just fishing for options at the moment – it is not really for sale, or under restoration or anything else. It is just a question about options

Thanks

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

• !llumenati

Its worth a fortune  to the right person, or just scrap money to most.

50 Years old makes it an Antique or classic.  I dont think there are many 50 year old sign trucks around.
If you are going to do a full blown restoration on the entire truck and ladder. It will cost you around

$ 40 - 45 Thousand.  An investment only you would appreciate. 

If the truck was in the 40s and 50s , you would have a nice piece.

There is no value on putting that Sponco ladder on anything else.  The ladder trucks are way outdated.

No one wants them. They are body breakers.

You can buy used buckets and booms for less money.

Thanks, It is helpful.  I think I will try Hemmings Motor News (to find the guy with the Sign Truck Museum, you know ... next to the parking lot and the "tree museum") and looking at the ladder - it is rather good shape.  I understand you can get a 42 footer out of auction for $8 - 12K, but a 69 footer would take at least another 10K and likely more.  I also see a few Sponcos in the $6-10K range, but a lot more in the $15 - 25 range, then a few higher in the $30K range.  I guess the average price to be about $15-20K. Who knows if any of these actually sell, They are all 55 footers. I also understand that the Sponco has a 300 pound lift capacity.   Cranes are 3-10X higher for lift - they can move a monument or a can. So it is a tree trimmer, sign, electrical thing and not a crane thing. In any case - I learned a lot. 

• 2 months later...
  • Board Patron

Image result for beatle crane

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446