ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES

If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components Like Trim Cap, LED's, USHIO LED Lamps, Neon Supplies, or LED Power Supplies, Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!

Buy Now

NATIONAL SIGN & SERVICE COMPANY REVIEW LIST

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors

Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

You Must Be A Registered Member & A Subcontractor
Click Here

MEMBER LOCATION MAP

Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call? Locate a Supplier or Advertiser Regarding Thier Goods & Services?

Become a Member & Upgrade Your Free Membership So Others Can Locate You
Click Here

SDS-AT-banner.jpg

AdamsTech and SDS – Joining Forces

Global manufacturing leader, SDS Korea, and sales and service partner, AdamsTech, are combining forces in North America, and bringing new manufacturing capabilities to the United States.

July 7, 2017 (Boulder, CO): “We are very excited to announce the formation of a new company, SDS/AdamsTech, with our longtime manufacturing partner, SDS,” said Mike Adams, co-founder and former president of AdamsTech. “We are likewise pleased to announce that Ellen and I, though still available for SDS/AdamsTech and customers as consultants, are happily passing on our leadership responsibilities as we enter the next stage of our career.” The new company will begin manufacturing SDS machinery in Irvine, CA, as well as continue sales and service of other products like Cutlite Penta lasers and Delta Diemaking equipment from their office in Boulder, CO.

Assuming the role as President of SDS/AdamsTech is Tony Lim of SDS, who is both a familiar face to AdamsTech customers and has been a partner of the company for almost 20 years. Key employees who will continue with the new company are Connie Adams, James Cross, and John Wiley, as well as the technical support staff, many of whom customers know personally, including Brad DeHaan, Sara Fox, Don Hill, Kyle Kermoade, and Andy Park, known for their “best-in-class” support.

AdamsTech and SDS, partners for more than 21 years, have long anticipated, as the natural progression of their success, this evolution into one company. Their combined forces as global manufacturing leader of both automated channel letters and steel rule fabrication, with expertise in sales and service, will lift the new company and its products to the next level. Look for even more innovations in die- and sign-making from SDS/AdamsTech.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Erik Sine
      The BrightON-II LED  .vs  The Principal Qwik Mod 2 LED

So....we've been getting lot's questions on how our New High-End BrightON II LED compares to The "New" High Efficient Principal Qwik Mod 2 LED

Well, we did a quick "side by side" benchmark comparison to find out.

They have some basic similarities.  

• .8 watt modules
      • Both 170˙/175+ Optics
      • Both have Aluminum PCB

We compared both LED modules and placed them in 24" x 4.5" x 5" channels using a standard Plexiglas MC white #7328 white acrylic face to simulate a wide channel letter stroke .  Modules spaced 6" OC from one another and 3" from the channel walls.

Now to find out what the differences are...

Once we lit the channel compartments one big difference was the white appearance of each light source.

The Principal Qwik Mod produces more of a yellow white illumination on the sign face, whereas the BrightON II is more of a True White.  The pictures here may not do justice as it's hard to capture Real Time and Real Life along with how your display may be calibrated.

Both BrightON II & Principals's Qwik Mod are .8w modules....The BrightON II is 24V LED module, the Qwik Mod is 12V LED module.  

24V means half the current flowing through the system of a 12V system, which translates to lesser heat, lesser resistance than a 12V system.  A 24V system is more reliable and a longer life system over time for the very reasons I stated.

A 24V system allows you to use a larger single watt channel PSU (96w).  The BrightON LED system uses the France Lighting Solutions "True Power" LED Drivers to complete the system, "True Power" means users are able to load the PSU to 100%, where as other LED PSU's are recommended not to go beyond 85% of the rating.  A full load 96W France PSU can load 120 BrightON II LED modules.  France Lighting Solutions LED Drivers are the only Drivers to date that are 100% loadable.

With a 12V system a single channel 60W LED PSU is typically loaded at 85% or 51W of a 60W unit, or 63 Qwik Mods.  You can load more modules on a single unit but you would have to be looking at using a 120W PSU that is a dual 60W channel unit.

Luminance
      Right away the biggest take away from this LED comparison in the image below is the Sign Face Surface light output results in Foot Candles using a ExTech Light Meter measuring the High's and Low's in the 7" x 4" rectangle area of the acrylic face.  

The BrightON II has a Foot Candle Average of 209 versus Principal's Qwik Mod coming in lower at 171 Foot Candles.

Constant Current
      A HUGE difference which will play big in lighting and in life is how the current is driving across each module.  The BrightON II is of course Constant Current, NOT Constant Voltage.  The Qwik Mod is Constant Voltage.

The quickest, simplest explanation and differences is this.  On a Constant Current system, each module has a current regulator chip which means each module is current regulated, and protected not to overdrive and create more heat and run hotter.  The first module on a Constant Current string is equally as bright as the last module on a string....the result is consistent lighting.   If you've ever paid attention to the light testing we have been doing on The Sign Syndicate since 2009', you would know that the best and lowest light degradation or Lumen Maintenance results always came from CC LED systems, Constant Voltage or "Eco" Modules not so much.

In a CV System you better hope your LED PSU is not driving above the intended voltage of 12 volts.  A slight increase in a fraction of a volt... say...12.2V can kill a LED system fast depending on the makeup of the Modules.  When we did our Light Testing "The Great White Hope" we had a incident where a LED PSU operating at 12.25 was used on a Permlight "El Plato Module which was CV and in under 30 days the original output dropped 30%.  We had to kick out the PSU and start over with another string of EL Plato's using a manual adjustable LED PSU to assure not to go above 12V.

On a typical CV System on long runs the first module will be brighter than the last module on the same string, inconsistent lighting, with a not well regulated LED PSU CV LED will tend to run hotter and brighter in some areas causing a shorter life.  The system is solely dependent on the module resistors for protection.

In Short....
      Constant Voltage = Lesser LED life over time
      Constant Current = Longer LED life over time

Lighting Angles

Below.....you can take what you want from this part...

We used equal underexposed shots from both LED light sources from a Canon SLR Camera instead of Real Time to show our audience where the optics is transferring light

We used a lighting angle chart that we created, made up of 1" grids just to help in displaying where the optics and throwing light.  Both Module have wide angle optics, I would just say that the Brighton II throws more light towards the edge of the chart and a little higher up the middle.  

What It All Means
      In closing, the biggest differences that can be taken away from this benchmark comparison and what separates the BrightON II are a couple of big factors.

• The BrightON 24 volt system which has half the amperage, heat, & resistance than the 12 volt Principal Qwik Mod LED system.  You're also able to load more LED modules on a 24V system than a 12 volt system

• If you're looking for a more "Purer" white light source, better bin, then the BrightON LED Module family is for you.

• More light for less power on the sign surface....better chip efficiency... that was just displayed and shown in Foot Candles....BrightON II  209 FC over Principal Qwik Mod 2  171 FC

• Probably the single most important factor?  The BrightON LED Family is Constant Current rather than a lower costing system that uses unregulated current in Constant Voltage.  What that means for user is....Longer Consistent Life Over Time

The New BrightON LED
      The previous High-End BrightON LED version has had a lot of success since the launch.  What is new?  Only some miner changes were made to make a already superior LED module even better.  Same high efficient chip, improved 6500 Kelvin, different optics.  

Not that we needed it but, the BrightON is, and has always been underdriven but....we changed from a Fiberglas PCB Board to Aluminum.  Aluminum provides better thermal cooling, but again, it wasn't needed....it's just nice to brag about it and say we have Aluminum.

The New BrightON LED Family will in stock by early May 2021.
    • By Erik Sine
      **OUTDATED POST & INFORMATION**
      Our Current New & Improved LED Technology LED MODULE is the BrightON LED Series 
      More Light per Watt, Longer Life, Lesser Modules & Cost... located Here

If you can find an LED that competes with our Reckless NC LED I should would like to know.
      Is it Constant Current and NOT constant voltage? Reputable high grade diode such as our top tier Samsung? Is it consistent? Is it made in CHINA? Most importantly does it last? How do you know it lasts? I'm not talking about catastrophic failure and I'm talking about gradual light degradation in a short about of time. The Reckless is only 3% light loss in 15,000 Hours. Are they IP68 for wet location?
      So far everyone who has tried has bought more as it relates to the applications they use it for.
      The Reckless is the brightest in it's class under 1watt modules or 3 watts per foot

Constant Current Red HLC2

Also, introducing our new LED Power Supplies. Union Power Supplies, IP68 for wet location, they come in 60 watt, and dual channel 120 watt units

So far we haven't seen any LED manufacturer who claims to be the best or brightest in the same class compare in a true white rendering, in brightness, or in longevity. American companies using Chinese LED's just don't seem to last or stay consistent over time.

THE RECKLESS
      • IP68 UL/CE
      • 5 Year 50,000 Hour Component Warranty
      • Constant Current
      • 3% Lumen Maintenance in 15,000 Hours
      • Made in Korea
      • High Grade Tier Samsung Diodes
      Most importantly.....NOT made in CHINA!!!!
      You can visit out online Shopping Cart and order here or call in 858-880-1400 / orders@thesignsyndicate.com
    • By Erik Sine
      I may have made mention of it in certain posts but never a single topic all to it's own. I've had some inquiries here and there, but yes, NC LED is no more.

For the last couple of years it was hard to get NC LED to make modifications to existing lines or create new ones.  NC was becoming a very stubborn company bent and dictated their product line to European sales.  They had open ears at one time, but over time....well.

High performance & High End demand for LEDs is so much more, and so different than European standards.  

So, slowly over time I became frustrated with NC LED.  All they wanted to do was push existing lines and NOT change with the times, or demand, or for American demand...we became 2nd tier.  I'm not striving to be 2nd tier or 2nd place....

This is one of the main reasons why we took the modifications we wanted to make into our own line. 

The BrightON Line is just so much more improved over the Reckless NC LED line that we promoted here.  

The Reckless NC LED line that we dedicated here was top of the line and ahead of it's time....at one time....and that time is long gone.   

With the BrightON line the user can get more linear light per string, better chip efficiency and get more light per watt, and at 24v the amperage is cut in half, you have lesser resistance and heat running across the system than you would with a 12v system...and have a wider 175˙ true optic lens over a 120˙ Korean module.  The Korean typical wide optics for a supposed 140˙ lens was just a diffused lens...nothing more...nothing special.  Sure the light spread more, but it was dimmer, it was like taking your hands and choking someone...it was just a matter of dispersing the pinpoint light, you might as well put a piece of diffuser film over the Korean clear lens.

From what I'm told the NC LED Plant in Vietnam is closed.  The plant in Korea is mainly closed and the company is under re-organization greatly in part due to the China Flu.

I'm not sure what NC LED American in NY is doing, I hear it's just a matter of getting rid of depleted constant voltage NOT Constant Current LED stock, and that they may be selling some other LEDs from a company in Korea.

Whatever stock we have left is limited.  We can special order modules to match up whatever may have been put out before by users, but again it's special phone in order only.

Our new and improved is our BrightON LED Line and it WILL change with the times keeping current with our American creativity that knows no bounds or ceiling.  That's what we strive for, high-end products for high-end shops.  There are plenty of cheap LED modules one can find on Amazon, Ebay, or Alibaba that we have been shocked to find out shops have been using them for their clients...but High-End Signage is not their forte, and best not to compete with that market and longevity is not their standard.

Anyhow, thought I would spread the news about NC LED after getting so many inquiries lately 

BrightON LED Line Topics

• By Erik Sine
      Our Current New & Improved LED Technology LED MODULE is the BrightON LED Series 
      More Light per Watt, Longer Life, Lesser Modules & Cost... located Here

Utter Reckless Sign Making

Got an opportunity to fabricate and install a reverse pan channel letter sign using the Reckless NC LED lines that we carry. 

Unlike most LED's on the market that are Constant Voltage, made in CHINA....unregulated, and short life for whites and especially color LED's OURS are ALL Constant Current, long life and of course rated for IP68...not that that was needed for this....but nice to have an know!  Here we used our Yellow/Amber, Red, and our Reckless High Powered White (Amazing 3% Light degradation in 15,000 hours from our testing in Project Tighty Whitey). 

I have to reiterate again, it's only been the last few years that The Sign Syndicate got into Light Source Sales since we started out testing for the electric sign industry.  We were amazed with our benchmarks on a few lines, and from someone who likes Neon over LED's I was impressed.  Neon is still my preference, there are only about 5% of what we've tested that I would ever use when it comes to LED's.  If you like LED's, then this is one of those lines.  We started selling Axiom LED's for bright high powered white, and soon after I became so impressed with NC LED, it soon followed.  I was asked for a couple of years to sell this line, and I finally gave in, here is a little of that "why".  I like selling only what I use, and know to be quality.  Their main focus was "eco", or constant voltage, I requested a constant current line when we first started testing, it wasn't something they focused on.  But after seeing results of other similar make up we soon saw NC LED exceed those that came before it.  When we finally picked up the line I wanted something even more different here in the U.S., I tailored a configuration that I thought best suited the needs of the American electric sign industry when it comes to LED's and what it was thirsty for.  A product that also does not help financially support those across the ocean that aren't exactly our enemies, but NOT exactly our friends either.

Enter the Reckless...

High Powered White, high grade/tier Samsung diodes, Constant Current, high standards of quality control from Korea (think Japan) and here in the US hence the name #teamncled 

All that put together and we get a 100% Sexy...Bad Ass module, it's disgusting I know. 

The Reckless is my baby, it's Team NC's Baby, and we're going to treat her right.  It appears in the last few months we've been doing almost too good of a job promoting her, and now many suppliers (reading this) are starting to flock to become carriers themselves.  Guess their feeling that that what they've been pushing and promising is just not all that, and the failures are hitting them hard.  But be assured, learning, seeing, and observing from what happens looking into the past with other mfg/supplier relationships, we've not going to let her be whored out and eventually cheapened  #TeamNCLED is going to be taking very good control with all standards when it comes to this particular product, and who can offer it.

What keeps great products going and preservation of that, is the team behind it.  It's another reason why I'm proud to be apart of it, it's not just a business but it's a "family" of individuals that are and will stay strong, and stay together. 

That said, I have to say, I'm very proud how this particular job came out.  It was going to have to be LED because of clearances, I could have made the "Orange" in Neon and I did think about it, EGL green pumped red.  But I REALLY, wanted to see what the 1/2 watt Amber modules could do for halo lighting.  From an optics standpoint, I love that the modules castings are the color of the light they will produce, no second guessing....easy!

The wall the signs were going on was pretty VERY much appreciated.  Flat, light colored, perfect for reflection.  We we're lucky, some walls in the shopping center were dark brown, NOT good for halo lighting unless you install with some flat white reflectors flush on the wall.

Easy wall to drill through, easy well enough access behind the wall but ALL Power supplies had to be centered on the wall because of access.  If this was a Neon sign, it would be dreadful behind that wall.  Behind the wall was one of our Union Elecom 120 watt (Dual Channel), and one 60 watt per sign, which totaled two signs.

At a glance.

Our Constant Current IP68 NC LED .48 watt Amber/Yellow

Our Constant Current IP68 NC LED .48 watt Red

The NC LED system engines, Union Elecom Power Supplies

The Sign Day Shots

Last but not least, and more important night shots to wrap it up

Right now just about all of the signs are LED only, and all white.  Some ugly gray looking white, cheap blue white, high kelvin I'm sure but sold as 6500K with a poor bin process, and probably 50¢ modules.  There is only one sign what has a nice white like our reckless, a national chain.  Other than that the colors involved for this sign REALLY make it stand out, which leads us to this. 

That's the point really, to stand out, to compete against our rival/competition (our customers too) and WIN!  Winning brings you more clients/customers and referrals, and MORE future work.

That is what you will get when your signs have our LED's integrated into them, it's all apart of "Making Long Lasting Channel Letters, and What It Takes" and the products are only going to get better...BELIEVE ME!

One thing you have or haven't noticed, we've NEVER sold LED's with marketing statement such as "More Energy Efficient...Saving the Planet..Better than Neon or Fluorescent Lamps", those are myths and mis-information, we just sell better LED's than those that claim they do.  This is also NOT my full time job, product sales is fun for me.  Not being my full time job mean something of value to me and should for everyone else reading this.  Not being full time for me means I don't have to lie or whore myself just to make a sale to float my boat.  MANY do that because it IS their full time job.  I'll just tell you it is a REALLY great product because we've tested it for years, and I myself use it.  I can't bullshit for sales, I never have, never will, I never have with signs and I sure as hell won't do it with components....I'm not the type who can look at myself in the mirror if I did.

"NOT made in CHINA!!!"

Go #TeamNCLED

• By Erik Sine
      Our Current New & Improved LED Technology LED MODULE is the BrightON LED Series 
      More Light per Watt, Longer Life, Lesser Modules & Cost... located Here

So....we've had them and I haven't been pushing them out because I didn't think they were right yet. 

But now that time has come.

Been to a few shops of customers and when I saw what I saw, I had to push for it.  It's al because one of my customers recently obtained a new AdamsTech Bender.  So now he's producing Channel Letters, reverse Channel Letters that are so small and tight the worry is no longer being capable of producing such a letter the worry is now....how the hell to power it up PROPERLY.  It's hard to put existing modules in, competent LED modules I mean.

Well....In mid to late September we will have NC LED White Horse Nano (Far right)

Their 160˙, same top tier Samsung used in our White Horse Product Line.  Their about 4 per foot and power consumption will be .48 per module.

If the Reckless 2, and White Horse 2 weren't already small enough as is, the White Horse Line will fit and integrate into all those hard to reach places and give you a bright light output