ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sky Hoist Crane problem

We have an older Sky Hoist and it's developed a problem recently. 

When we extend or retract the tubes hop and results in slack in the cables then they will retract until the cables are tight again. Tubes aren’t bent and they are

greased. We can’t tighten up the extend/retract cables. We are looking for a place to source parts or suggestions.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Ron Gileck

• Board Patron

They are the best place for Sky Hooks and Sky Hoist.  They bought out most of the parts for many of those models and nearly any repair facility would go through them so i am told.  Call them up, maybe they have a relationship with someone near you.

• Thanks 1

• Board Patron

I used to have an OLD skyhook crane and it occasionally had that issue.  There are brass bearing sleeves in the tubes and ours were very worn.   It was a 1960 crane so it was to be expected I suppose.   There are also guide rails (actually just lengths of round steel stock IIRC) and these were sloppy as well.    The best way I found to get the tubes to come in easily would be to boom nearly straight up and the tubes would then slide back, though that doesn't help if you need to retract in the middle of a lift.   

Also, Carolina Crane repair also has a large supply of parts for Skyhook cranes (and I'm assuming Skyhoist) and can probably talk you through the problem.   I don't miss that old truck of ours TBH.  

• Board Patron

Crane Repair Service
1002 Valley Ave NW
Puyallup  WA  98371

253 848 9473

They fixed our SX60, and yes, the brass bearings were really worn.  I know it's a way to go for you but you might give 'em a call.

• 2 months later...

The Crane Center in Mansfield, OH is worth the drive. I felt like we had a brand new boom when we got it back.Randy is top notch!!! 800-837-0533.