ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Signs & Digital Graphics - Bye

Erik Sine

sdg rag.jpg

Obviously I haven't been up on current events when it comes to our Brochure Magazines, and it might have gone unnoticed but apparently S&DG's is no more.

The magazine like a the rest were getting thinner and thinner.  They had a few good tech guys writing articles but for the most part S&DG's was the worst of the three with their advertisers writing nothing but infomercial articles and trying to dictate the industry to pass through their business and whatever they were trying to pedal.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Happy Memorial Day weekend Erik!  I don't know about you but I'm BIG TIME ready for some R&R!  Thankfully, SDS Automation has not been impacted much by COVID.  We have been fully operational the entire time and have continued to install and service machines with effectively no interruption throughout Q1 and Q2 2020.  But I digress, back to the topic at hand.  We just made the decision to pull our advertising from SDG.  Just not confident that the ROI is there considering the direction they seem to be headed.  We allocated those dollars toward increasing our presence with SOTT instead.  Hopefully it proves to be a wise choice.  Readers will be seeing some big improvements in our ad presence beginning in June. Looking forward to some positive feedback from the industry.  Have a cold one (or ten) for me!

I don't think it is just Signs and Digital Graphics. The engraving magazine has also been closed down, I think, and they have replaced everything with one publication or maybe newsletter that will cover everything from signs, digital graphics, awards and engraving and stuff like embroidery machines, etc. It's a disappointment to me. S&DG originally had me write their articles on ADA Signs and appointed me as their "Expert" but when I couldn't any longer afford to have a booth at the NBM Show, they dropped me, although i was still listed as their resident "Expert." I had a real fondness for that magazine, since I wrote my very first ADA article for them back in 1992 when they were called "Sign Business" and that really began my career as an ADA sign "expert." I used to write for Signs of the Times, but they pretty much dropped me when I broke with ISA. However, Awards and Engraving Magazine still had me write articles once in a while, and paid me a small stipend for each article, which was welcome. Now, I don't expect to see many ADA items in the new "one size fits all" magazine, which might be on-line only as far as I know. I am getting it on line, and it's mostly just small blurbs about advertisers that pass as articles. 

I would love to see a sign magazine Call the " Sign Syndicate Magazine"  and I bet most of us would agree. A true sign trade magazine not catering to the corporate advertisers. Just the facts mam!  I wonder how much funding it would take to get it off the ground? What you say Eric?  We could all do our part by sending in articles and subscribing to it.  

On 5/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, Sharon Toji said:

I don't think it is just Signs and Digital Graphics. The engraving magazine has also been closed down, I think, and they have replaced everything with one publication or maybe newsletter that will cover everything from signs, digital graphics, awards and engraving and stuff like embroidery machines, etc. It's a disappointment to me. S&DG originally had me write their articles on ADA Signs and appointed me as their "Expert" but when I couldn't any longer afford to have a booth at the NBM Show, they dropped me, although i was still listed as their resident "Expert." I had a real fondness for that magazine, since I wrote my very first ADA article for them back in 1992 when they were called "Sign Business" and that really began my career as an ADA sign "expert." I used to write for Signs of the Times, but they pretty much dropped me when I broke with ISA. However, Awards and Engraving Magazine still had me write articles once in a while, and paid me a small stipend for each article, which was welcome. Now, I don't expect to see many ADA items in the new "one size fits all" magazine, which might be on-line only as far as I know. I am getting it on line, and it's mostly just small blurbs about advertisers that pass as articles. 

Sharon: Lets start an ADA sign magazine!