ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

ImagePoint Vendors

We are going well over 120 days being owed about $3 k. From the sound of it we are fortunate that we aren't owed more. We haven't gotten a single word back from them in about 3 months. We did receive a letter with the CEO and CFO phone numbers, but they have been reluctant to call us back.

Same here. I am owed 7K just for surveys on the Chase/WAMU project - but I'm afraid I won't se a dime.

The sign company NW Signs out of New Jersey, took over the account.

We've had some luck with the following contact. Didn't get full payment, but did get something. Kevin Johnson 865-342-0573; fax 865-342-0431 but he has nothing to do with service orders (PO's begin with M). Said anything service related can pretty much be kissed goodbye, unless you can prove it's lienable. Good luck!

• Board Patron

We received a call from a company called BBK & they claim that they are working for General Motors to settle any Image Point jobs done for General Motors.After sending them copys of the GM work that we had done we have received a call back form them offering .50 cents om the dollar.We are still checking into this firm before we give them an answer.Anybody received a call from these guys yet ?

We got $.50 on the dollar as well, and that contact (Kevin Johnson, listed above) is the one who told us BBK was handling the service end but wouldn't pay unless work was lienable. Original offer was $.30 on the dollar and we went back with a counter of $.50, just to get our costs covered and move on.

We received a call from a company called BBK & they claim that they are working for General Motors to settle any Image Point jobs done for General Motors.After sending them copys of the GM work that we had done we have received a call back form them offering .50 cents om the dollar.We are still checking into this firm before we give them an answer.Anybody received a call from these guys yet ?

Met one of the BBK guys at the Image Point auction. They seem lagit. They were hired by GM to settle these claims, but only on lienable jobs. I signed forms that I would settle for 50 to 55% on the dollar. I made the rest of it back from buying sign stuff from the auction at more like .10 on the dollar. So much inventory no wonder they went out of business. Keep in mind that BBK is negoiating to represent Chyrsler on the same matter.

We are from southern Indiana less than 2 hours from the Image Point auction. Still have about 5 more truck loads of stuff to get back to our shop. I am mad at myself for not buying more and I really didn't spend much money.

I have property on SPI. Fly into Harlingenton sometimes. Would like to meet sometime.

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
tags

We haven't rec'd a call or money, not that we expect to get anything. Fortunately, they owed us a very small amount. We had just recieved a check before they went out of business so I consider us lucky.

This came out of the Knoxville paper for anyone that hasnt seen it.

Sign company ImagePoint filed a motion in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Knoxville Friday seeking to reorganize under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

ImagePoint met a noon Friday deadline to either file voluntarily for bankruptcy or face having the court place it under involuntary Chapter 7 proceedings as part of an agreement with creditors pursuing an involuntary bankruptcy petition against it. Creditors include CMH Homes Inc., part of Clayton Homes, Inc.; Knoxville Canvas Crafters Inc.; McDonald's Corp. and McDonald's USA; Bridgestone Corp.; American Honda Motor Co. Inc. and Deere & Co.

ImagePoint ceased operations Jan. 9, laying off 450 workers, including 270 at its Knoxville headquarters on Gay Street after negotiations to get capital to keep the company going fell through.

While ImagePoint is essentially defunct, Robert M. Bailey, an attorney representing the company, said it still has a few business activities ongoing and Chapter 11 protection will allow those to continue.

"It is attempting to maximize the value of its assets for the benefit of the creditors," Bailey said. "It believes that being in Chapter 11 will allow it to sell its assets more for market value than otherwise."

ImagePoint, which has a 50-year legacy in Knoxville, still has a few employees who are working with customers and vendors, "mainly trying to collect on accounts that are owed by these people to ImagePoint," Bailey said.

An observer familiar with the case, but who did not want to be identified, said ImagePoint still has about 13 people working out of its Gay Street office who are helping wrap up loose ends on projects that were ongoing when ImagePoint shut down and are working with former ImagePoint customers and new sign companies trying to fill the gap left by ImagePoint.

Also, there are also a handful of workers at ImagePoint facilities in Columbia, S.C., and Florence, Ky., getting those properties ready to be sold. The Columbia plant was closed last year and consolidated into the Florence operation. Ohio-based Stopol Auction LLC held an auction for ImagePoint Wednesday, liquidating most of the items and equipment of the Florence plant.

Scott Mihalic, the auctioneer, said a crowd of at least 400 people plus about 200 online bidders bought all but a handful of the 1,700 items. He said company policy would not let him reveal the total amount raised. Bidders from several countries took part.

"I know one printer went to Mexico City," he said.

Other items went to Canada, England and Australia.

According to the U.S. federal court system's Web site at www.uscourts.gov, Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows a company to work out a plan to reorganize and pay off creditors. It gives the debtor some of the same powers and duties as a U.S. Bankruptcy Court trustee, such as accounting for property and examining claims, but this is monitored by a Bankruptcy Court trustee.

During reorganization, the company is allowed to use, sell or lease its property during the ordinary course of business unless the court orders otherwise.

BBK is legit. They work with all vendors of GM that has gone out of business, filed bankruptcy, etc. We have dealt with them in the past and are definitely the right people to talk to.

d

• 4 weeks later...

We managed to collect in full what Image Point owed us for Dollar General sites, but I had to collect staight from Dollar General. I'm working on collecting Nissan and Ford now, but I am having to deal direct to get things settled. Nissan told me to fax over what I had and they would send it to their national office. I wish I could say that they only owed us a small amount, I collected $9000.00 from Dollar Genaral and working on $6100.00 from Nissan. They had sent me a check too just before they closed but it bounced to the moon and back. And I haven't started on General Motors or Firestone YET!!!

This came out of the Knoxville paper for anyone that hasnt seen it.

Sign company ImagePoint filed a motion in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Knoxville Friday seeking to reorganize under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

ImagePoint met a noon Friday deadline to either file voluntarily for bankruptcy or face having the court place it under involuntary Chapter 7 proceedings as part of an agreement with creditors pursuing an involuntary bankruptcy petition against it. Creditors include CMH Homes Inc., part of Clayton Homes, Inc.; Knoxville Canvas Crafters Inc.; McDonald's Corp. and McDonald's USA; Bridgestone Corp.; American Honda Motor Co. Inc. and Deere & Co.

ImagePoint ceased operations Jan. 9, laying off 450 workers, including 270 at its Knoxville headquarters on Gay Street after negotiations to get capital to keep the company going fell through.

While ImagePoint is essentially defunct, Robert M. Bailey, an attorney representing the company, said it still has a few business activities ongoing and Chapter 11 protection will allow those to continue.

"It is attempting to maximize the value of its assets for the benefit of the creditors," Bailey said. "It believes that being in Chapter 11 will allow it to sell its assets more for market value than otherwise."

ImagePoint, which has a 50-year legacy in Knoxville, still has a few employees who are working with customers and vendors, "mainly trying to collect on accounts that are owed by these people to ImagePoint," Bailey said.

An observer familiar with the case, but who did not want to be identified, said ImagePoint still has about 13 people working out of its Gay Street office who are helping wrap up loose ends on projects that were ongoing when ImagePoint shut down and are working with former ImagePoint customers and new sign companies trying to fill the gap left by ImagePoint.

Also, there are also a handful of workers at ImagePoint facilities in Columbia, S.C., and Florence, Ky., getting those properties ready to be sold. The Columbia plant was closed last year and consolidated into the Florence operation. Ohio-based Stopol Auction LLC held an auction for ImagePoint Wednesday, liquidating most of the items and equipment of the Florence plant.

Scott Mihalic, the auctioneer, said a crowd of at least 400 people plus about 200 online bidders bought all but a handful of the 1,700 items. He said company policy would not let him reveal the total amount raised. Bidders from several countries took part.

"I know one printer went to Mexico City," he said.

Other items went to Canada, England and Australia.

According to the U.S. federal court system's Web site at www.uscourts.gov, Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows a company to work out a plan to reorganize and pay off creditors. It gives the debtor some of the same powers and duties as a U.S. Bankruptcy Court trustee, such as accounting for property and examining claims, but this is monitored by a Bankruptcy Court trustee.

During reorganization, the company is allowed to use, sell or lease its property during the ordinary course of business unless the court orders otherwise.

Nissan told me to fax over what I had and they would send it to their national office.

I had same conversation with Nissan. I sent all the photographs, sign-offs etc. directly to them back in beginning of April.

Yesterday I followed up with a phone call leaving a message that I haven't heard anything and no one returned my call from April 28th. I said that I would have the attorney write another letter......I thought enough timed had passed to get a little aggressive with them.

20 minutes later a FedEx guy walked into my office. Nissan check $3749.60 for 7 service calls.......

you can't make this stuff up...So I left a meassage for the same guy "wow, that was effective..."

We also collected from 7-11 out of Dallas Corporate......

Balance from ImagePoint is just under $7,000.00

International Sign & Design ended up a little more roughly $11,000 but I think Marshalls, Tj Maxx will come through also.....

I would recommend any one owed money to go direct.

Edited by HARTSIGN

• Board Patron

We're still waiting on our check from Nissan..... Rite Aid won't pony up a cent so far, even though we've liened 'em. Kevin Johnson said (last week) that he had nothing to tell me......

And we worked for ISD on TJ Maxx and when ISD went belly up, TJ Maxx lawyer said "Sorry". I didn't lien that one (my bad) so we're hosed on $3500 there.

Crap!

• Board Patron

Did you get your paperwork showing the court agreed to pay the dumbass bros. their back wages? I did

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Yeah, and that really pisses me off! I bet they have a whole lot of employees who won't see money they are owed, but the owners are still making the big bucks. How can a judge look at that and think those *#sh*&(#$*# should get paid?

• Board Patron

And today Kevin Johnson / Image point emailed me with:

We are taking RiteAid to Bankruptcy Court. We expect to file it and get a ruling in the next 30 days.

We're still waiting on our check from Nissan..... Rite Aid won't pony up a cent so far, even though we've liened 'em. Kevin Johnson said (last week) that he had nothing to tell me......

And we worked for ISD on TJ Maxx and when ISD went belly up, TJ Maxx lawyer said "Sorry". I didn't lien that one (my bad) so we're hosed on $3500 there.

Crap!

Try this contact for your Nissan accounts: Mike Lidell phone number is 972-929-2634 he is with Nissan. And try Linda Labonte for International Sign & Design, I have been able to reach her best via email which is: llabonte@intlsign.com phone #727-541-5573 ext.3031 we do TJ Maxx in Arkansas and she is my contact, just heard from her yesterday. So I'm not so sure that ISD went belly up.

I received a call from them today (IS&D)...they make it sound like they want to clear up the invoices, $11,200.00

and this is mostly because our attorney has Liens against the TJ X corp. who owns Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Home Goods....I was also told that they are sending service out, but paying 100% up front....I'll do work under those terms, but I don't exactly hold my breath for that. Since they are in bankrupcy, they have to remove the leans before those companies can continue to use them...(why they hell would they continue to use them, I don't know, that's a whole other story) but anyway, maybe they will come out of it and pay the outstanding monies to the vendors, at least they are not gone like Image Point

• Board Patron

Linda gave me the run around, wouldn't give me a straight story, then I emailed an angrygram to Seth S (and everyone else on the ISD website), and Seth emailed me back saying please don't lien, and like an idiot I believed him, and then it was too late to lien and I believe I have learned a valuable lesson!

• Board Patron

On the positive side, FEDEX called me and let me know I have a letter coming from Nissan - it was addressed to our PO Box and FX wanted to know where I wanted it sent.

So that's a good thing!java script:add_smilie(":wootsmiley:","smid_31")

Linda gave me the run around, wouldn't give me a straight story, then I emailed an angrygram to Seth S (and everyone else on the ISD website), and Seth emailed me back saying please don't lien, and like an idiot I believed him, and then it was too late to lien and I believe I have learned a valuable lesson!

I hear that Seth (formerly the CFO at ISD) is working at Harley Davidson now! I hope Will has made arrangments to lose the baggage with the Snake family 3.............Linda is nice though.

• Board Patron

She probably is - I just hate not getting a straight answer.

But I got my check from Nissan today to cover one of the IP jobs we did! Go Nissan!

It's great to know that Nissan is doing the right thing, I'm trying to get my paperwork together for Nissan, Hopefully I can collect mine too!!! Then I can turn my attention to Firestone, Ford and one other Autoplex. Image Point sure left things in a mess. Did anyone else have one of IP's checks bounce???