Sticky Notes

Want to see more content on this site?

Register and Log In....It's FREE!!!  

Having Trouble?  Email us Link

Click the X to close this box

Kgirl Kgirl

ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES

If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components Like Trim Cap, LED's, USHIO LED Lamps, Neon Supplies, or LED Power Supplies, Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!

Buy Now

NATIONAL SIGN & SERVICE COMPANY REVIEW LIST

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors

Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

You Must Be A Registered Member & A Subcontractor
Click Here

MEMBER LOCATION MAP

Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call? Locate a Supplier or Advertiser Regarding Thier Goods & Services?

Become a Member & Upgrade Your Free Membership So Others Can Locate You
Click Here
Erik Sine

That Bright Halo Illumination

Maybe I should have titled it "That BrightON Halo Illumination"

Thought I would share a project where our new High-End 24 volt, .8watt BrightON II LED Modules were used.

As I've discussed before in the past.  There is a difference and a gap between "Usable Light" and "Competitive Light".  The BrightON II is the most efficient (Light per power) LED Module in it's class, and it is the definition of Competitive Light.

As explained here and suggested for spacing, it was chosen to use the 3" module spacer, and obviously  you'll see as you scroll down the spacing could have even been much farther apart.

IMG_3216.JPG

Using the 3" spacers or 5" on center module to module spacing of the .8 watt will give you that extra punch for Halo and Day / Night faces, and you're looking at only $2 a foot buying a single bag of modules.  Important note is what you're getting for that $2 a foot.  Very easily module to module spacing could have been 7" OC, and a $1.45 a foot.

BrightON II SPacing.jpg

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

The Grand Result?

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

No over exposure here to make the lighting more extreme than "IRL"...in real life.  because I have another picture to share here of a neighboring sign that is made up of your standard front illuminated channel letters. 

CMA 3.JPG

This is the very visual explanation of "Competitive Light". 

The BrightON II Modules will give sign shops more versatility with their lighting projects, eliminating a 3 diode module & eliminating stocking more various modules with just simple spacing making the BrightON II a more universal product in your shop.  The reason?  Because the BrightON II meets or exceeds the Performance of most 3 diode LED Modules on the market on Maximum Efficiency of 24V.  Also, the long module to module wire leads.

Could you just imagine for a second the BrightON II LED modules in the neighboring Coffee Sign at the maximum stretched module to module spacing of 7.625" or 1.57 ($1.33 a foot) modules per foot?  I can!

Something is being left out here and I have to discuss what completes this High-End system?

IMG_3226.JPG

That would be adding a France Lighting Solution LED Power supply of course

In this case the 24V France Atlas with built in LED indicator light for proper function, bringing more Quality & Dependability to the project.

The most important aspect of this job was the feedback from the client.  They were VERY impressed with their sign when they drove by at night to see what their identity looked like.  Their face will be your face.  These are the types of results you will get with the BrightON II LED Modules. 

Finished jobs will sell themselves.  Happy, impressed clients will sell, and market for you...provided you not only sold them a good product but good service as well. 

Come night, the mere visual can attract potential customers and a resume address can assure and close sales prospects, end results will be referral makers!

FRANCE LED POWER SUPPLIES

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/store/category/22-led-power-supplies/

845951666_FranceLineup2copy.thumb.jpg.47bbcd9f0e0c886c9baf9c2964653c12.jpg

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Nice looking sign!  Different white behind the aesthetics bar? 

7 hours ago, imanut said:
Nice looking sign!  Different white behind the aesthetics bar? 

Thanks!

Same white, the narrow letters will just provide a different more focused backlight over the broader wider cabinet in backlighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

A bit of clarification, do I see it correctly that your modules are shining into the letter and the light is reflecting back out from there?  And no shadows from the brackets or the modules themselves? How are the letters mounted to the wall?  We are being very slow to adopt the LEDs since we're a long-time neon shop, but that's a nice display

15 minutes ago, bender said:

A bit of clarification, do I see it correctly that your modules are shining into the letter and the light is reflecting back out from there?  And no shadows from the brackets or the modules themselves? How are the letters mounted to the wall?  We are being very slow to adopt the LEDs since we're a long-time neon shop, but that's a nice display

Correct.

The letters are mounded to the wall using 1.5" alum spacers.  Shops that mount the LED to the back of the pans pointing towards the plastic and walls tent to make weird reflections and make shard like displays.  You can almost cram LEDs in small reverse channel letter backs with only 50% unblocked light and still no shadows .  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Erik Sine
      So....

I've discussed this, but haven't really illustrated or given a visual of the BrightON II LED Modules like I have with the BrightON SunFire Here

I'm big on visuals, because talking about it is one thing, SEEING it is something else entirely.

Well, what are we looking at below?

CHANNEL COMPARISON

It's our Highly Light Efficient .8w BrightON II LED Module (175 Deg) vs NC's .9w LED(140 Deg) HLC LED Module Series with Samsung chips.  You see these Module casings used by many GOQ, to just about any Korean or Chinese Based Module.

There are a couple of factors that can make a LED module Light Efficient, optics and of course the chip.  Our BrightON series has both, bigger part rests on the chip.  I know this because early on development I tried to integrate the Samsung chip to our module casings, and well...with the amount of light we got from power driven....it got it's ass kicked by the one we chose.  You can't just throw in any or some decent chip in a cool looking module with cool optics and expect it to go perform well.....that's like throwing in a Yugo motor in a Ferrari body and having great expectations

Here is a what's in a 4" x 2' Channel with standard 5" depth

NC has 6 LED modules.  6 x .9w = 5.52 watts and achieving 203 Foot candles of light on a #7328 sign surface, and doing it at 35 Foot candles per watt

Our High-End BrightON II has only 4 modules.  4 x .8w = 3.36 watts and achieving 214 Foot candles of light on a #7328 sign surface, and doing it at 63.09 Foot candles per watt.

We always hear marketing words of "Energy Efficient".  What is Energy Efficient?  It's comparing two equal sources and when one is doing it for equal or greater with a lesser cost of operation...that is "efficient"

We're comparing one compartment with six .9w modules against another with only 4 modules that are only .8w each.  You would think the bigger wattage LED should win right? 

Well.......

Don't get me wrong about NC.  In the LED Module world, NC LED Kicks the crap out of a lot LED Manufacturers, ALOT.  I've shown and illustrated that many times here on the Sign Syndicate.  But....Every Dog has his day...   Wait, let me walk some of this back.  Not all NC LED modules are the same as I've explained in the past, only our special configured Reckless was the one that really kicked ass.  

LIGHT SPLASH RADIANCE

Both Modules are 3" from the wall surface.

Check out that angle and splash radiance of both.

You can't even identify the horizontal measuring tape with the high powered NC LED Module, look at the small light output range radiating from the NC LED

Now the BrightON II......

That's SICK!!!

Look at how much light is splashed on the surface each one of the modules is mounted to!

In the end,....More light with lesser modules.

Efficient Light, Efficient Cost, and it's doing it at a much lesser cost of operation.  It bares repeating again, a huge important aspect about the BrightON II...it's VERY under driven, it has half the amperage running across the modules and wiring than a 12V LED Module along with less resistance and heat of a 12V module.  That all adds up to longer life.

I don't know what to say, we're quite proud of our BrightON LED Line, and it's only going to get better.

Want more info on our BrightON II LED Module, read HERE

Before I forget, with ever order of LEDs we'll also ship you a couple rolls of...

• By Erik Sine
      We always strive on information here on The Sign Syndicate.  Everything from National Sign & Subcontractor Reviews on "payments & relationships" to "How To"...better ways to build sign systems and projects based on longevity & reliability .

So, we're very, VERY excited (I want to say "Super Excited" but it's so over used) to announce our whole new upcoming Sign Syndicate 24V BrightON (Pronounced like the city) LED system just got even better.  Better because we will be complimenting our High Powered, High Efficient LED Module system with France Lighting Solutions 24V LED Drivers.

I have talked about France products quite a bit here over the years, mainly when it comes to Neon.  The quality, that high bar of standards, most importantly....the "Reliability".

From Neon to LED Power Supplies, expect nothing different, nothing less from France Lighting Solutions.  But, actually here is something different about their LED Drivers, something "Cool".

The France LED Drivers are the ONLY drivers that are "True Power". 

What is "True Power"? 

In short......It means they are the ONLY LED driver in the electric sign industry that you can load to the MAX.  Not the typical load to 80% - 85% leaving room for voltage loss, wiring etc.  Load to MAX.....if you want.

We are just a month away from releasing the Sign Industries most light/power efficient LED Module on the market that will definitely put it's mark on this industry.  You'll be able to get the most light for very little cost of operation.  Get more for less.....be on a 24V system which give sign shops the unique ability to load more modules on a single power supply.  A 24V system is half the amperage and reduces the heat, resistance, that run across the wiring and modules compared to a 12V system, improving reliability of your LED Lighting System. 

With a 24V system you're not restricted to 60 Watts per channel, BUT 96 Watts.....that's almost double! 

Complimenting our new LED System with France's "True Power" LED Drivers and adding them to your electric sign projects you'll be able to load 120 .8w BrightON 2 LED modules.  That's 76.25 Linear feet of high powered LED modules for anything from everyday channel letters to cabinet & perimeter lighting.

For our High Powered Sign Cabinet Lighting module, BrightON SunFire (3w), that France "True Power" LED Driver will give you up to 32 Linear Feet for your Sign Cabinets

France Lighting Solutions DRV24100E Dry & Damp Location

France Lighting Solutions DRV24100A Dry, Damp & WET Location

Those Sign Face Foot Candle numbers!!!  Look at the "Foot Candles Per Watt" (Higher is better)

Our complete High Powered High Efficient BrightON LED System with France Lighting Solutions, that's DOUBLE reliability!!! 

Now Available!!!

France "True Power" 24V LED Power Supplies
      http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/store/category/22-led-power-supplies/

• By Erik Sine
      Our 24V France "True Power" Lighting Solution products that will power our Sign Syndicate Brighton LEDs have finally arrived and are now listed up in our Online Shopping Cart.

You'll be able to power up 120 .8watt BrightON II LED Modules on a single 96W France LED Power Supply for all your channel letter and sign cabinet  projects!!! 

That means cost savings in using less LED Power Supplies in using a 24V system over a 12V system. 

A 24V System halves the Amperage reducing the Heat, & Resistance running across your LED Modules over a 12V system which improves liability to your system

Two HUGE pluses for your projects, High-End, High Efficiency Constant Current 24V BrightON LEDs powered by True Power France Lighting Solutions Engines.

• Topics

• Thanks Erik, I see it all the time faces and returns the same color.Looks black streaks.Really bad on small chucky letters.White or light colored cans is best.
    • Depending on your state and city you're in, you might be completely shut down and like myself.....you're bored with very little to do with almost a helpless feeling.   Well, you don't need to feel helpless, here is something you can do while in hibernation and keep the gears or productivity going.    Pick up a book and learn, your employees can advance themselves.  There is a special going on right now.   As I've said in other threads these books are more technical and more geared towards educating your sign company.  The price of these books is NOTHING compared to hiring constants or "experts" to come in and educate your staff.  We are in a Trade, and there is NO Trade School.  Books like these aid our Grand Trade.   These books will expand horizons.  Get them, and have your whole staff read these, installers, fabricators, designers, and sales crew.    These were just timely revised and price went up.    As a Courtesy to The Sign Syndicate I've asked for our members to get these at a discounted price during these slow times   Visit Sign Business Books https://signbusinessbooks.com/ and use the Coupon Code JNUV243 for a limited time $30.00 off      
    • Erik;   You are way too tough to let this COVID keep you down. If you can monitor sign people, like those on this board, this virus ain't got nothing on you. Take care of yourself, Josey Wales.........   Tell K Girl  thanks for being on the front lines fighting for us all with the rest of those doing the same.   I, like you, am at a standstill and don't anticipate not being in this state for a while. But our collective health is the most important thing in this time of crisis. We will get back to economics as normal because that is what we Americans do. We fight and Prevail. Also, take the time to extend kindness to someone else who needs it like we all do.   As Tom Bon Jovi said; "If you can't do what you do, do what you can".   Godspeed to all on the board   Peace out  
    • Not fair that you can't share the beer!!
    • I drew the Popeye's Account for Superior Electrical Advertising back in 1994. I am not sure if SEA still has the contract.