ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sign Ladders

I call them sign ladders because I assume they were made for the trade, but does anyone know the name of the manufacturer of those ladders that expand wide at the base and have the short stand-offs at the top? I can't remember the name.

:help:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

You referring to Alad Ladders??? Wide base, extension, made of magnesium??? Great ladders----but of course OSHA doesn't like them. Think they merged with another company and became Alaco.

gn

• !llumenati

You outa know that ladders and lawsuits are synonyms! My Alad ladders, and my Little Giant ladders were and still are my best buddies. Don't do signwork anymore------------still won't see my ladders!

Other synonyms----------lawyers=crooks, doctors=idiots, zocor=BAD news, Merck=Bad news

gn

You referring to Alad Ladders??? Wide base, extension, made of magnesium??? Great ladders----but of course OSHA doesn't like them. Think they merged with another company and became Alaco.

gn

If I'm not mistaken, Gary, you're talking about what we used to call an A-ladder. Basically a step ladder with a straight extension that went up the middle. Ours was wood, reached a height of 16' (it was a heavy sucker), and we used it usually to service stickout beer signs on a mast arm that every corner bar used to have. We would extend it to a point that we could climb up and straddle the top rung so we could work on the sign with both hands. The extension would sway a bit depending on how high you sent it, but the base was so big you didn't have to worry about it tipping over. I did a short search for them and couldn't find any info. They may have been

:ban: .

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

I like their specialty ladders, I have similiar ones made by werner. Their great for those interior signs

Welcome aboard Rick :thumbs:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Check out Louisville Ladder..... $400+

RB

Thanks, Rick. Now I know why we called them A-ladders. The one pictured is not near as sturdy as the one we used to have. The legs on ours had at least a 4' spread and the two sides were at least 6' apart.

http://www.louisvilleladder.com/foto.asp?Img=WX1000_68.jpg

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

• !llumenati

NO----a Alad ladder is NOT the same as a A ladder. I've worked on my share of wood ladders----swore that when I bought my own ladeers they would NOT be wood. Never had one of my own----regardless of OSHA.

Anyway-----if I get a chance and get home early, I'll see if theoriginal stamp is on my ladders with the official address, etc.

An Alad ladder, is either magnesium, or aircraft aluminum, is an extension ladder, has swivel feet, has about a 3.5 or 4 ft wide base, mine have 8" padded standoffs at the top------great for leaning against signs. I have two of them, a 24' and a 36'.

gn

• !llumenati

They are a beast but handy when needed. I have 2 sets of litl giant ladders and are the best things created since the fish hook :drool:

GOOD things happen for a reason......