ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

New Yankee Workshop

Marekdlux

Anyone catch the re-run of the New Yankee Workshop on Saturday? It was the one where they make signs.

He went to a sign shop that made their sign in front of the shop. It was pretty cool. They showed a guy that used to carve the signs using a hand held router, then how they do them now on their Shopbot. That thing is quiet with the spindle! What's the difference between a spindle and a router?

-Marek

WCSG, get the episode?

I actually have it on DVD, I didn't think I was going to be home on Saturday to watch it so I just ordered it online..of course I was home in the end.

-Marek

I got sent the Video VOB file and all I had to do was burn it but I was having issues with the puter and I coulnd't burn dependable dvd's at the time. Was it good?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

It's alright, basically they just showed how to hand rout some letters, gold leafing, a little hand carving and the shopbot. The didn't show much of the machine though, just doing some letters. Then he went back to his workshop and did some hand routing of some letters with a V-carve type bit. If I knew how to save it I could send it down to you, otherwise I could just put it in the mail. Let me know, I've already watched it a couple of times.

-Marek

:conspire: It's a program called DVDbackup then DVD2oneX image created then burn :crazy:

But this is so in case you ruin your original you have a couple of backups :P

Missed your orignal question. The router on the SB and other CNC's out there are basically a handrouter. Spindle is high Frequency, you can basically tell it to go 1 RPM or 24k RPM's or higher, higher torque and quiet as a graveyard. Routers are noisy and you need ear plugs. My dust collector is louder than my spindle. If you have the dough $$$$ to spend get the Spindle, if not you won't be to disappointed with a router depending on what you constantly cut.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill