ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Money, money

imanut

• !llumenati

Just for information---------since many of you know what my current career is, here's a site that all of you might be interested in reading. Its quite an easy read, and I'd suggest that you print it, read it, and then think back how long we've been laid over the table.

http://files.meetup.com/366189/Bankings%20...0Secrets%20.pdf

gn

• 4 weeks later...
Just for information---------since many of you know what my current career is, here's a site that all of you might be interested in reading. Its quite an easy read, and I'd suggest that you print it, read it, and then think back how long we've been laid over the table.

http://files.meetup.com/366189/Bankings%20...0Secrets%20.pdf

gn

Hey Gary, That was an excellent article! I was able to read it in about 20 minutes so I would definitely recommend that everyone invest that time. This information will shake the way you have been conditioned to think and maybe open up some possibilities.

There are some other excellent books for you sign guys... Rich Dad, Poor Dad by robert Kyosaki as well as Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. These will dramatically change the way you think about things.

I know what it's like to spend all day (and night somtimes) running the shop yet I know it is important to find the time to keep educating myself about new things. We all got in the sign game to make a living and build something nice for ourselves and our families. Don't sell your self short by getting caught in the daily grind so much that you miss the next 25 years zipping by!

Allright... down off the soapbox... :golfer:

• !llumenati
Damn-----somebody actually read the article !!!! I've already read those books you mentioned----good reads.

gn

I read some...got the idea though. Not really that surprised. The people who really take it in the ass are those who keep re-fi-ing. It was nice to know, however, that they recommend a shorter term loan. I think you'll find....epsecially here in SoCal, that people are apt to take what ever they can get on a loan. I think most feel powerless against the banks, and whatever they are willing to give is what the consumer will take. So many other half-baked loan programs are out there that provide consumers with the opportunity to get way in over their heads in a toally over-inflated market. A the very least, the "fixed rate" loans keep your payments steady. Many people have interest only loans for a certain period of time, because they simply can't afford the principle & interest payments in the fixed rate loans. In just a few short years, for a huge portion of the loan consumers we will be seeing these loan payments ballooning to the full payments + any deferred interest that had accrued, and those in over their heads are going to have forclosures all over Socal. Kinda sad, actually. But, let that be a lesson in personal & financial responsibility. People allow themselves to be manipulated by all the hype that real estate agents have been puting out there. I don't know a single realtor (and I know many) that would NOT recommend someone buy a home...regardless of how over-priced the market may be. They always have an angle on pushing people into things they can't afford. But, like I said, ultimately it is the consumers' resposibility. Interesting, nevertheless.

Guido

Gary, Thanks for the article.

90% of people have no clue how their money works! I have also read a ton of books from "Missed fortune 101" to "Rich dad poor dad" and have also been involved in business for over ten years. I learn more and more everyday and the more I learn the better I get at reading the hidden agendas of some books and information.

Take "Missed Fortune 101" Great book for getting into how to creatively manipulate money and get a new perspective on what kind of things you can do with your money (or should I say other peoples money) However I feel the book was written more as a tool for mortgage lenders to use for the cultivation of new prospects. Sure the theory works but you should be obsessed with making it work or your going to fall on your face a few times until you get it. Most people don't have a few hundred thousand to lose a few times until they learn to master leveraging money

Never the less the more you know the better dissections you will make.

• !llumenati

I have to agree...Rich dad, poor dad is a great book. Even more phenominal is Think & Grow Rich. Get it. Read it. Obsessed, or committed...however you want to put it, its the prime component in the recipe for success. If your going to half-ass things, then that is the result you can expect. About 1 1/2 years ago I made a conscious decision to get into CNC so that I was not just doing vinyl stuff. I was committed to it, and before I knew it I was cutting my first sign, and taking my lumps in my dimensional journey. Mind you, I am still very green in this realm, but am committed to continuing to learn new things about it. Likewise, I was more recently intrigued by the electrical sign industry, and many thanks to Erik, and several of you on this board, I am fueling my curiosity and reinforcing my commitment to expanding my knowledge in the industry. I'm still a hack, but a committed and curious one :P

Anyhow, point is that I learned a ton from books like these, and to make any of it work it takes committment...or some level of obsession to implement the knowledge. The 2 aformentioned books are awesome to begin with. Particularly Think and Grow Rich. The amazing thing is that it was written in the earlier half of last century (not sure exactly...1930's?) and so much of it truly still applies today. Newer versions that have the original content, but is supplemented by modern editors remarks, bring things into the context of today. Check it out.