ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Whats it take?

What does it take to be truly efficient in installing and maintaining electric signage?

What does it take to build custom electrical signs?

How much should we charge?

Just stirring up some conversation

Semper Fi :war:

Tony

M.S. Industries Inc

• !llumenati
What does it take to be truly efficient in installing and maintaining electric signage? Time, education, money, and experience

What does it take to build custom electrical signs? Time, Education, money, and experience

How much should we charge? Depends on whether you could do numbers one and two above.

Just stirring up some conversation

Semper Fi :war:

Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice!

If Peter was a peter puffer how many peters could Peter puff if the peters Peter was puffing were puffing peters?

TEastin

If Peter was a peter puffer how many peters could Peter puff if the peters Peter was puffing were puffing peters?

This really depends on how the second last word is used. Were the peters that Peter was puffing actually taking puffs of peters, or were they merely peters that Peter would enjoy puffing? If the former, the answer is obviously 17. If the latter, it's 4.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Let me have a few drinks before I try to attempt this one........ummmmm :beerparty:

This really depends on how the second last word is used. Were the peters that Peter was puffing actually taking puffs of peters, or were they merely peters that Peter would enjoy puffing? If the former, the answer is obviously 17. If the latter, it's 4.

Damn you beet me to the answer! :hitbyrock: and why is peter puffing peter :gay: It should be Jane puffing Peter :P

Edited by DERF

I can really only respond to the first question, but I imagine it's true in the others also. I think one of the most important things it takes is a willingness to learn, at all levels of expertise. I wish I could say I know it all, even with a lot of years plying my trade, always willing to learn. Technology and materials in electric signage, as in other areas of the industry, is changing, partially due to government regs (It would've happened naturally and better in a free market, regulated by the consumer rather than a Nanny Gov't.) (Sorry, I can blame Gov't for just about anything I want. :P ) and partially due to other factors such as progress and consumer needs.

Pride in one's work is another very important thing it takes to be truly efficient. Do you sign your work? I just noticed something about myself yesterday on a job. It wasn't a difficult job. Just removing some vinyl from channel letters to change the color. All the while I was working, I felt that everybody that passed by was scrutinizing my work. Whether they were watching me or not, it's pride in my work that gives me the feeling that they were.

Naturally, beyond these 2 mental attitudes, being proficient with the tools of your trade, a well stocked truck, etc. are also very important.

The mental and physical do go hand in hand, but without the mental, you're not going to be truly efficient.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008