ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

May issue of Sign Builder Illustrated

B.O.P.

:thumbs: to :syndicate:

There are a couple of interesting letters in this issue regarding the mercury issue. In response, Jeff Wooten recommends www.signsyndicate.com to anyone interested in this matter and to keep updated on developments. Nice plug! :welcome1l:

:thumbs: to :syndicate:

There are a couple of interesting letters in this issue regarding the mercury issue. In response, Jeff Wooten recommends www.signsyndicate.com to anyone interested in this matter and to keep updated on developments. Nice plug! :welcome1l:

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGG he didn't put the "the" in front of signsyndicate.com :bawling:

Alright!!! Thanks Jeff!!!! :thumbs:

Pages 10-11

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/sb/sbi0507/

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
Add url address

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
There are a couple of interesting letters in this issue regarding the mercury issue...

Yeah, well, that aside, as far as I can tell, SBI has become little more than a shill for the LED industry. Don't get me wrong (I'm a neon guy) - there are good apps for LEDs. But the "City of LED light" article in the same issue is pure crap! This is the kind of "Big Lie" propaganda wich will ultimately ruin the reputation of LED vendors faster than anything I can think of. Sure, you can do a LED retrofit and consume less power - but at a significantly greater reduction in light output.

There is no way in hell that a LED lightsource is going to be as efficient (that's lumens per watt) as a high pressure sodium fixture. No way.

White LEDs can't beat white neon, and, efficiency-wise, HPS blows neon away. Granted, the color of regular HPS isn't great, but we're talking a parking garage here! If you really want white, you could probably retrofit with fluorescents and get great color at only a small loss in efficiency.

Good thing the mag's free - shows the truism: "you don't get what you don't pay for"

"Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do" - Joe Sobran

I was tired yesterday, I'm tired today, and I'll be retired tomorrow - TD

I read that article after I posted about Jeff mentioning this site. I could not agree with you more! I looked at the pictures and thought 'How much tweaking went in to the pictures to make the "old" light source look really bad and the "new" LED's look really good?'

I think Raleigh is in for a big surprise regarding long term maintenance costs - at least if they intend to maintain anywhere near the original level of light they are so impressed with.

• !llumenati
I read that article after I posted about Jeff mentioning this site. I could not agree with you more! I looked at the pictures and thought 'How much tweaking went in to the pictures to make the "old" light source look really bad and the "new" LED's look really good?'

Look again - at the upper "after retrofit" picture. You can still see HPS lighting at the left rear of the picture. It's _definitely_ much brighter! It's a flat, even flood lighting - as opposed to the bright down-pointing spotlight effect from the LED fixtures. Notice the dark areas between the LED fixtures.

The "before" picture is intentionally under-exposed. Anybody who has ever been in any parking garage lit by HPS would recognize that in an instant.

And those are lousy / cheap HPS fixtures (see pg. 43). Update those to something less shrouded by sheetmetal, and the HPS would be even more of a clear winner.

"Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do" - Joe Sobran

I was tired yesterday, I'm tired today, and I'll be retired tomorrow - TD

Look again - at the upper "after retrofit" picture. You can still see HPS lighting at the left rear of the picture. It's _definitely_ much brighter! It's a flat, even flood lighting - as opposed to the bright down-pointing spotlight effect from the LED fixtures. Notice the dark areas between the LED fixtures.

The "before" picture is intentionally under-exposed. Anybody who has ever been in any parking garage lit by HPS would recognize that in an instant.

And those are lousy / cheap HPS fixtures (see pg. 43). Update those to something less shrouded by sheetmetal, and the HPS would be even more of a clear winner.

LMAO! You are absolutely correct. Good call. I have to say I didn't pay a lot of attention to the pictures or the article - just skimmed through it - as lighting a parking garage really didn't interest me.

That wasn't very 'bright' taking the "after" picture before the job was finished and then putting the intentionally darkened picture right below it. :smilie_auslachen:

How funny I was just looking at the before and after image while eating at Wings & Things for lunch and laughing to myself about that modified image, errrrrrrrrr......over exposed image.

No way in hell is that LED setup going to beat a standard HPS fixtures

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill