ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Trade Show

• !llumenati
How many of you guys are planning to go to the show in Orlando in March? I would like to hook up with some of you guys if you plan to go. :weld:

I'll be there ------ you might be interestedin the reycycling seminar.

gn

I really want to go to that seminar. Gary, sit in the front and bring with you a mp3 voice recorder :P I'd love to host that here !

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
I really want to go to that seminar. Gary, sit in the front and bring with you a mp3 voice recorder :P I'd love to host that here !

Since its supposed to be "open forum", and since I've already spoken with Paul Abernathy who is doing the seminar, along with Veolia Environmental doing their part to help explain, and having talked with ISA about the "scope" of what is and isn't going to be discussed ----------- I think they are giong to allow me to sit in the hallway. Maybe a disguise??? Hey, they don't know what I look like any more than you do ---------- so maybe I can slip in??? Incognito???

I'm hoping to get my good friend Marcus Thielen in on that seminar. I've also talked with Bernard Diffin with EGL about possibly attending the ISA show and being there.

But, if nothing else, it'll be good for giggles. It's just like Califonia -------- pass the damn laws and then figure it out along the way ---- but at least the laws are in place to catch the scafflows!!!

gn

Since its supposed to be "open forum", and since I've already spoken with Paul Abernathy who is doing the seminar, along with Veolia Environmental doing their part to help explain, and having talked with ISA about the "scope" of what is and isn't going to be discussed ----------- I think they are giong to allow me to sit in the hallway. Maybe a disguise??? Hey, they don't know what I look like any more than you do ---------- so maybe I can slip in??? Incognito???

I'm hoping to get my good friend Marcus Thielen in on that seminar. I've also talked with Bernard Diffin with EGL about possibly attending the ISA show and being there.

But, if nothing else, it'll be good for giggles. It's just like Califonia -------- pass the damn laws and then figure it out along the way ---- but at least the laws are in place to catch the scafflows!!!

gn

Gary in the front row

smythe_disguise.jpg

I wish I would have brought a mp3 recorder with me at the last seminar, we would have had pages of replies here. NExt time I will remeber to bring it with me!

......but at least the laws are in place to catch the scafflows!!!

And have carpetbaggers profit.... :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
Gary in the front row

smythe_disguise.jpg

I wish I would have brought a mp3 recorder with me at the last seminar, we would have had pages of replies here. NExt time I will remeber to bring it with me!

And have carpetbaggers profit.... :P

Nice disguise - almost looks like me.

gn

That would be a good seminar to sit in Gary. Seems like anyone who sells any type of bulb (ie...Lowes and Home Depot) should be held to the same standard as the poor sign man trying to turn two rocks into his next meal.... It will be interesting.... :weld:

• !llumenati

Using Lowe's and such as an example of non-compliance isn't good. They probably already comply ---its actually the smaller user, such as us neon guys, the mom and pops stores, the homeowners, etc that are more non-compliant. I mean, look at the numbers of lamps that are garbaged by residences. A very few small businesses actually properly discard their fl tubes, and compliance with neon people is non existent. I mean, really, who gives a shit ---- its only a couple tubes that are being thrown away. AND that is the real problem. Take a peek at one neon tube ---if your tube bender even knows, about 100-200 mg of merc in that tube. A CFL, on the other hand has about 5mg or less. Some other bulbs that are used have 5-10 the amount in a neon tube - but we think nothing of tossing them in the garbage, or outight breaking them so we don't have to haul them back to the shop.

It is a very real problem. Look at our kids, look at the much higher incidence rates of autism, MS, etc, look at the issues of merc poisoning, and see if there just might be more than a causal relationship.

But, yes, it might be an interesting meeting------------

gn

Points well taken Gary. I am going to try and make that meeting. I want to do the right thing, but quite frankly, I don't think this community even has a plan for disposal of any type of hazardous waste products. Maybe they do and I am just that ignorant.....that is probably the case if the truf be known. Thanks for your insight. :weld:

How many of you guys are planning to go to the show in Orlando in March? I would like to hook up with some of you guys if you plan to go. :weld:

Yes, I will be attending the convention this March. I'm doing the Estimating & Pricing Signs seminar on Friday. I'm coming in Thursday and we can get together if you like that night.

Let me know,

Dan Hale