ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Beware of EAGLE SIGN CO.

Poor management staff and delays to production have resulted in massive losses to projects. They have no customer service and have long lead times on any service. They do NOT have any neon capabilities. Any repairs will take weeks! Beware of Eagle Sign Co.

Poor management staff and delays to production have resulted in massive losses to projects. They have no customer service and have long lead times on any service. They do NOT have any neon capabilities. Any repairs will take weeks! Beware of Eagle Sign Co.

Thank you for posting this info and sharing. Helps.

• Board Patron

Yea thanks we all need to know who to steer clear from!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

this could get good! :P

I did work for them, and just can't take it any more. I came from sign companies in Los Angeles that could afford to give both quality service AND quality product. I just can't take working for someone who consistently breaks their promises. I am tired of customer complaints and taking the flack for lackluster performance. I gave them every opportunity to turn things around, and probably could have if they kept me on long enough.

They were recovering from many years of mismanagement and "giveaways". The fact that the previous owner sold off all their service contracts to their competitors didn't help a lot either. Now most people don't even know Eagle Sign Co exists anymore. So instead of actually investing in equipment and manpower to actually provide additional services, they have decided to offer services they can't provide in house and then cross their fingers that their customers aren't shopping around.

I'm ready to go back to design already. Which is another service they can't offer with any expeditiousness. They're down to one designer now too.

I just give up man - Aren't there any quality sign companies here in Iowa that could actually use a guy with some real world experience? I'm about ready to give up on this industry out here. There's no pride in the work, and I just can't afford to open up shop. I need a new industry out here.

Anyone need an exceptionally experienced designer? Going rate is pretty cheap.

For what ever reason I have been having problems with my profile updating too. That's why it still says I work there, which makes this all the more interesting huh?

OK Figured it out. I needed to actually have a company name associated with my profile. - Fixed now

Edited by signtst

Hello First time on this. I read about your dilemma with the integrity of the sign companies in Iowa. Wow! We have the same problem here in Georgia. I have a business that we are trying to sell. So why don't you buy mine and take care of business your self. I am tired of working for free all the time and the client going after all the cheap cheap shops that are lying through their teeth to produce their signage.

Call this guy...I delt with him many years ago. He's a stand up guy. Don't know if he needs help but he is about 180 degrees from what you are talking about...

Dan Lange

Lange Sign Group

5569 Carey Ave

Davenport, IA 52807

Phone 563-388-6650 800-804-8025

Call this guy...I delt with him many years ago. He's a stand up guy. Don't know if he needs help but he is about 180 degrees from what you are talking about...

Thanks for the tip! I'll give him a call. I don't think I have ever had a job that was actually advertised. Just kind of luck of the draw for me I guess.

Anyone know why it now says "floor sweeper" under my screen name? Can't find a way to change that in my profile. Not that it isn't accurate at this stage, but I'd do just about anything right now to keep the house.

Edited by High Voltage

• !llumenati
Anyone know why it now says "floor sweeper" under my screen name? Can't find a way to change that in my profile. Not that it isn't accurate at this stage, but I'd do just about anything right now to keep the house.

Newbee. Keep posting and it will change. Just like the corperate ladder.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• !llumenati
Thanks for the tip! I'll give him a call. I don't think I have ever had a job that was actually advertised. Just kind of luck of the draw for me I guess.

Hmmmm, check out what's under my name ----------------wish I got paid for all those advance degrees !!

gn

I have to be honest, jumping into a forum trashing your last employer is a tough way to get a job interview!

sorry, but being honest

I have to be honest, jumping into a forum trashing your last employer is a tough way to get a job interview!

sorry, but being honest

Yeah, I understand, but honestly I can't in good conscious give referral to them. I started with them not knowing exactly the details of their operations. Once I was in - who is going to really give up a job in this economy? So until now I have just been riding it out. Not that I have really anything against the people there, but the product and process needs a lot of work. There are just a few companies that I would really not recommend to ANYONE. Unfortunately two of those happen to be in Iowa, that is why I am so frustrated with finding a job out here. I used to work with ImageFirst Sign Solutions in Grinnell, IA. They're a bunch of really great people, but couldn't make a sign to save their lives. And they were associated with ASI Signsystems, so you would figure that great Denmark quality would proliferate there. They were late on a lot of things too. VERY frustrating to work with. I know that there are good sign companies out here, but really did not expect to find the garbage being produced in Des Moines, IA. Everyone is looking to undercut the next guy and product is really suffering as a result. Installers are coming into dangerous installation situations and it's only a matter of time before an honest guy gets really hurt. So with having so many connections in the sign industry, I really have to watch who I make referrals to. I don't want my friends and associates to get a bad deal.

I guess I am just spoiled on the quality and scale that the West Coast had to offer. But having said that, there is no reason that everyone should not expect the same here in the Midwest. I'm still looking for the fabrication facility that can accomplish that out here.

"Anyone need an exceptionally experienced designer? Going rate is pretty cheap."

Hey there signtst. I'm in eastern IA, bout Dubuque. Have been open for almost 3 yrs. Could I have picked a worse time to start a business? We are doing OK, there is lots of low balling going on. To bad a folks don't understand that they ultimatley loose from that practice. We are just starting to get into electrical. Not currently hiring but always looking for good people. Drop us a line. www.bigriversignco.com

Take Care

Mike B

PS You may want to talk to Larry Wietz at Wietz sign. Wholesale fabricator in Dbq, IA. Great quality.

Edited by mbarden

"Anyone need an exceptionally experienced designer? Going rate is pretty cheap."

Hey there signtst. I'm in eastern IA, bout Dubuque. Have been open for almost 3 yrs. Could I have picked a worse time to start a business? We are doing OK, there is lots of low balling going on. To bad a folks don't understand that they ultimatley loose from that practice. We are just starting to get into electrical. Not currently hiring but always looking for good people. Drop us a line. www.bigriversignco.com

Take Care

Mike B

PS You may want to talk to Larry Wietz at Wietz sign. Wholesale fabricator in Dbq, IA. Great quality.

Thanks for the interest and the referral. That's the industry in a nutshell right now. Not hiring but always looking.