ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

What do you think of this overhang

• Board Patron

So now my Elliot rental is gone, they picked it up Friday. I still do not have the Skylift crane here ready to use. Or another truck to use. Once again our business loses money and our customers get pissed off because the truck is not ready.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

So now my Elliot rental is gone, they picked it up Friday. I still do not have the Skylift crane here ready to use. Or another truck to use. Once again our business loses money and our customers get pissed off because the truck is not ready.

Hi Rocco:

Sorry to hear nothing is happening for you on this truck. If I can help you out in the London area or anywhere else in South Western Ontario let me know. 1-800-265-7035

Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

GOT MY TRUCK, SEE PICTURE BELOW

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

Thats my April fools joke today, still waiting for Skylift to get it safe for Canadian/American Aerial Standards. Now I have a sparkly new truck parked in the back of my shop in the way of the usefull equipment.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

GOT MY TRUCK, SEE PICTURE BELOW

Thats my April fools joke today, still waiting for Skylift to get it safe for Canadian/American Aerial Standards. Now I have a sparkly new truck parked in the back of my shop in the way of the usefull equipment.

So what safety standard is it not meeting? Never heard of Canadian/American Aerial Standards.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Sorry the actual wording for the standard is CSA 225-m88, The only difference to the US standards is that if you test with 150lbs, we use 200lbs. So when we do a test on a bucket with 800lb capacity, we use 1600lbs, the tests have to be done with the truck on a 5 degree angle offset towards your boom direction and the truck must stay stable. To solve this problem the "aerial lift" not the crane, because this is classified as an aerial lift (that is different standards, because you do not have men in the air) you need limit sensors and warning light, alarm like a Elliot, Vanladder, JLG and Genie. I told them to do this in Jan 2010, still not done when they delivered the truck Tuesday(we are in f####'n April now). I am going to order a personal licence plate for this truck "NITEMARE", they only allow eight letters in Ontario. I am waiting for their decision on what will be done, that was at 2pm yesterday. I am left hanging, from another crane of course, cant use this one.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

By the way, they trimmed down the back end and it looks great. No more school bus effect.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Sorry the actual wording for the standard is CSA 225-m88, The only difference to the US standards is that if you test with 150lbs, we use 200lbs. So when we do a test on a bucket with 800lb capacity, we use 1600lbs, the tests have to be done with the truck on a 5 degree angle offset towards your boom direction and the truck must stay stable. To solve this problem the "aerial lift" not the crane, because this is classified as an aerial lift (that is different standards, because you do not have men in the air) you need limit sensors and warning light, alarm like a Elliot, Vanladder, JLG and Genie. I told them to do this in Jan 2010, still not done when they delivered the truck Tuesday(we are in f####'n April now). I am going to order a personal licence plate for this truck "NITEMARE", they only allow eight letters in Ontario. I am waiting for their decision on what will be done, that was at 2pm yesterday. I am left hanging, from another crane of course, cant use this one.

Interesting, my trucks are altec and they do not have limit sensors or warning lights is this a test the manufacturer is supposed to do?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

thats because Altec uses the right size of truck, that is the major problem with this truck. They said I could be done and its not working, it has become a safety issue. Any lift over 55' is usually on a 29,000 gvwr. They used the wrong truck for this size lift. The only way around it is to limit it's side reach.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

thats because Altec uses the right size of truck, that is the major problem with this truck. They said I could be done and its not working, it has become a safety issue. Any lift over 55' is usually on a 29,000 gvwr. They used the wrong truck for this size lift. The only way around it is to limit it's side reach.

OK now I see what you are talking about. We just looked at an elliott that was a G85 on a under CDL single axle ford truck there is no way I would work out of that truck

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I used to have an 85ft Baker/Achi on an Izusi chasis. It was well under cdl. Had all the sensors on it. Great truck, turbo, auto, two man basket ect...

• Board Patron

I wish you still had it, could of brought it over to Skylift, they are in London near you.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

I used to have an 85ft Baker/Achi on an Izusi chasis. It was well under cdl. Had all the sensors on it. Great truck, turbo, auto, two man basket ect...

Yea but an G85 crane on a single axle under 26000lb truck?

That Elliott G85 is a lot heavier than a baker I don't see how the front axle was not overloaded.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Here are some pics. For me, it was the handiest truck ever. Turned on a dime. Wasy to drive and had great reach. Up and side reachpost-529-127023006501.jpgpost-529-127023009015.jpgpost-529-127023010391.jpgpost-529-127023012066.jpg.

• Board Patron

those are serious outriggers compared to my front a-frames. How high did your opposite outriggers lift when you would use it off the side or towards the cab?

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

The safety features wouldn't let them lift. It would shut you down befroe you got that far. It had a gradual scale readout with, about 6 or 8 led lights, from green to orange to red. When you neared the end of the orange you knew you were close to stopping.

• Board Patron

The safety features wouldn't let them lift. It would shut you down befroe you got that far. It had a gradual scale readout with, about 6 or 8 led lights, from green to orange to red. When you neared the end of the orange you knew you were close to stopping.

Does look like nice rig but you did not use it as a crane did you?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

not to be a pain, do you have a manufacturere and model number I can find the manual online

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Here are some pics. For me, it was the handiest truck ever. Turned on a dime. Wasy to drive and had great reach. Up and side reachpost-529-127023006501.jpgpost-529-127023009015.jpgpost-529-127023010391.jpgpost-529-127023012066.jpg.

Just lookin' at that big crane gives me a chubby!!! LOL

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

not to be a pain, do you have a manufacturere and model number I can find the manual online

No use as a crane. It had a hook that we used for a set of channel letters now and then. I always thought about welding up a small 12 or 24 volt winch but thinking was as far as it got.

I din't remenber the model no. It was a stright six diesel, turbo, automatic. All PTO with electric back up.

http://www.bakerequipment.com/

If show them one of the pics above, I'm sure they could help.

• Board Patron

Hey, I found you a truck. Under CDL I think. truck.bmp

Hey! I didn't give you permission to put a pic of my truck on here LOL!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

can I use until mine is ready?

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.