ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

UL-E Green Leaf

From my conversations with some UL folks who frown upon their hierarchy "who truly have nothing better to do", created another Revenue Farm such as Project UL-E Green Leaf for energy efficient standards, or for those manufacturers who say they are green to "prove it".

http://www.signs.org/IndustryNews/ULLaunchesGreenSignProgramforCECTitle24.aspx

This is also for UL48 sign companies to show the world in their marketing scheming that they "care about the planet" (Gag me) :treehugger: by signing up and paying more fees so they can have their three cent sticker to add to the sign that they just installed. I'm sure Steve is running to the UL-E sign up board as we speak.

U.L. is finally rubbing their nickels together now it seems, taking advantage of a bad situation in California, the ground zero of all awful small business killing regulations. As if it wasn't bad enough to make neon glass housing manufacturers to remold and retest their age old, AND age proven receptacles to be minutely modified with the most moronic of changes, 2 drain holes to 4, and a grounding wire for metal shrouds. All this to help the "Stupid installers", not a product defect

OSHA%20cowboy.gif

If you look at the CA 2008 standards for title 24 section 148 they list signs 12 watts per square foot maximum, well any HO magnetic ballast is even under that. :focus:

But it appears if you build a sign illuminated with LEDs under SECTION 133 – SIGN LIGHTING CONTROLS, not only do you have to install a timer like all other signs but in addition you also have to install a dimmer?

CA EE 2008 standards,

CEC-400-2008-001-CMF.PDF

So, I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of UL-E is going to serve other than help ride the "Sugar High" of what certain manufacturers market their light sources as "saving the planet" and putting less carbons into our atmosphere, or plastic bags in landfills (gag me again). If a magnetic can pass energy standards (which I think is efficient enough), why be a manufacturer and pay? You know have to pay, to properly bullshit.

California Circus, move to California and join the Big Top

2007_08_07clown.jpg

I thought green leafs were for smoking? :crazy:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill