ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

trannies

imanut

• !llumenati

Here's a couple pics. TAke a look at the tag on the old transformer - General Electric. Been a LONG time since they did transformers. YOu can't see it but the plate is actually 24ma. In my short career I don't ever recall a plate showing that. This is the same tranny in the picture sitting on the table. It was for an OLD glass frame window sign. As you can see, s chain hooks were linked into the gto, leads from the trodes on the glass frame had a similar s hook linked into the gto - and that was the means of hanging, and wiring this old sucker. Store opened in 1942, glass had been broken a couple times (probably from a window washer getting shocked) but the original transformer. Finally died.

The last picture is a new (2 weeks) old transformer. Job is having a major primary power issue as you can tell ---

post-427-0-49382000-1293807756.jpg

post-427-0-08532700-1293807771.jpg

post-427-0-95041800-1293807787.jpg

Thanks for sharing. You just posted pics I've never seen before. Never knew GE made neon transformers, and never seen a tranny with all the insulation on the outside that bad before. What's up with the primary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Thanks for sharing. You just posted pics I've never seen before. Never knew GE made neon transformers, and never seen a tranny with all the insulation on the outside that bad before. What's up with the primary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unknown problemso far. Secondary is clean, sleeving from the masters technology boots to the trannies. 3 days burning, two fried trannies. Not the one in the picture though. Four dys laters, one more. 2 weeks later, two more trannies. Really weird. Obvioiusly all the trannies have been damaged by whatever is going on. The pictured tranny was one of the last two that were replaced. One of the first ones was total soot in the tranny box- no tar, just black soot on everything - and DEAD. Other first one had a cocuple spots of tar. Two different mfgs of trannies now- so I think that is eliminated as a possible. All neon is exposed - can't be a neon issue. This was a new build out for a store - new primary, new main boxes, everything. All union job for the electrical - all been checked. My thoughts - they need to put a 7 day meter device onthe primary and see what's happening.

The other picture of the hanging window - vintage neon. Classic install. original tranny from era of 40's? Wow.

gn

Here's a couple pics. TAke a look at the tag on the old transformer - General Electric. Been a LONG time since they did transformers. YOu can't see it but the plate is actually 24ma. In my short career I don't ever recall a plate showing that. This is the same tranny in the picture sitting on the table. It was for an OLD glass frame window sign. As you can see, s chain hooks were linked into the gto, leads from the trodes on the glass frame had a similar s hook linked into the gto - and that was the means of hanging, and wiring this old sucker. Store opened in 1942, glass had been broken a couple times (probably from a window washer getting shocked) but the original transformer. Finally died.

The last picture is a new (2 weeks) old transformer. Job is having a major primary power issue as you can tell ---

Wow! That's an oldie but goodie. Haven't seen one in decades.

• !llumenati

Wow! That's an oldie but goodie. Haven't seen one in decades.

Seen one? Any idea when GE got out of the tranny business? And when 24ma was normal on a plate?