ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

AxiomLED Introduces Nichia based T8 LED Tube for North America

Someone asked if this will be part of UL new Retrofit Classification or UL1598C (new standard) - yes, it will...when they get their act together!!!

• Board Patron

Looks interesting. Are the going to offer different size similar to HO lamps? I did see one thing and hate to start a argument but it states on the info safe 24v power. I have seen car fires that are started from safer 12v systems and the cars seem to burn just fine. I have also seen high voltage 15,000v stuff that does not burn. As well as the fixtures they were retro fitting, they were mfg. and installed to UL and code were and are quite safe. Did the SOT write the ad for this ;-)

Operates of 24vdc class 2 UL power supply - no fires there. Short circuit limited, heat limited, etc

Will be offering lot of sizes and options. Our parts are comparable to HO.

• Board Patron

Operates of 24vdc class 2 UL power supply - no fires there. Short circuit limited, heat limited, etc

I assume the power supply that these are replacing is also UL listed are you saying that UL is wrong and they are not safe?

BTW I am not knocking the product.

• Board Patron

I assume the power supply that these are replacing is also UL listed are you saying that UL is wrong and they are not safe?

BTW I am not knocking the product.

Hello....................?

Sorry for delay in response.

No I am not saying that fluorescent ballast are not safe. But you must know the following:

1. Fluorescent ballast on these fixtures are set to put out current ratings of 75mAmps or less. Why? Well if you were to manage to shock yourself on a fluorescent ballast short it would feel like an ESD shock - low current, high voltage. Zap. But what is important is that you did not start or cause your heart to defib and start a heart attack. So as a result of this limiting the power to the end caps or tombstones to 75mA or less you are preventing this. So they are safe.

2. In other LED tubes on the market they connect 120VAC or 230VAC directly to the tubes and the LEDs are consuming much more than 75mA so if you were to short the tubes you would be fried and lying on a table in a hospital. Your heart wouldnt be loving you too much.

3. Our system is a UL power supply that is Class 2 - so that in the event of a short the output of the power supply immediately shuts off - and more importantly the output voltage is 24 Volt DC, the human body doesnt usually recognize voltage until they reach above 30 Volts. So you wont feel much holding the output of our power supplies. And you are safe.

So fluorescent - safe. Our LED tube - safe. Some of the crap that wires directly to line voltage at 120-230VAC - well it just became a deadly weapon.

A bit of my background - for about 7 years I worked with the leading Heart pacemaker and defibrillator manufacturers around the world in supplying them analog chips - so I know a ton about the effects of high voltage and power on the body and the heart. The company I worked for, Microsemi (NASDAQ: MSCC), is the world leader in medical chips for these type devices. They also happen to be the world's leader in military and satellite electronics for high reliability. And then I was also part of the management team that bought the company that brought patented technology for driving Cold Cathode Fluorescent and LED driver technology to the market - Microsemi is the company that is behind most all of the flat panel TV and computer systems in the market. So in essence - I had a lot of training on long lifetime, safe, and really high performance products. I worked for a great company - and today they are doing well too. I opened up Nasdaq when I worked for them - this was a great experience!

Enough bio - hopefully I answered your question.

Fluorescent is safe, and so are our tubes.

• Board Patron

So then when you say "safer" its to other inferior systems. Thanks for the clarification. I am just a dumb old sign guy with poor reading skills that must have missed the inference of "safer" in the ad to be safer than fluorescent that it was to retro fitted.

BTW when are the other sizes coming out? I have folks ask about it all the time. How do they compare lumen wise to T-8's? Will the make longer than 4'?

• Board Patron

2. In other LED tubes on the market they connect 120VAC or 230VAC directly to the tubes and the LEDs are consuming much more than 75mA so if you were to short the tubes you would be fried and lying on a table in a hospital. Your heart wouldnt be loving you too much.

Some of the crap that wires directly to line voltage at 120-230VAC - well it just became a deadly weapon.

I never really thought about that issue. Good point.

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg