ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Takng Guns In Louisiana

Travis

A fella here is telling me that the federal government is taking everyones guns from louisiana with the exception of the military, police, private security and others of the nature. He says it is all over the news. I havent seen or heard anything. He actually e-mailed an article about it from a person that is pissed about it. Refering to the 2nd amendment and all.

Seems to me this is probably temporary and more for protection than anything. Does anyone know about this?

TEastin

Haven't heard anything about it yet. I will be watching the evening news for sure tonight. If it is true you can bet your a$$ the NRA will be there carrying their own!

Btw, I have a large belt buckle with the Second Amendment slogan on it :D (the things you don't know about me....) :P

Btw, I have a large belt buckle with the Second Amendment slogan on it :D (the things you don't know about me....) :P

Oooo I believe it :lol_hitting:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I am not exaclty a gun guy but I dont think the govenment needs to go changing the constitution or civil rights or bill of rights or anything like that. My first impression of the thought is to try to make it a bit easier to get folks out. After all people can get rather upset when telling them to leave their own home. :bitchin:

But then again certain areas people need to leave as areas are just deadly with the toxins in the water and the 'wake' by shootings that have been happening.

But I still havent found anything about it. Who knows.

B.O.P. I know you are in one of the Carolina's. Hope all is going ok for you with the hurricane going thru.

TEastin

Alright now WCSG... take that avatar down. That's not even close to the one I have. Mine is very well done. Not the babble of an old out of work actor acting as a figure head for an organization :P

I don't even recall all the details of mine it's been so long since I've had it out of the closet. But if I remember correctly it's a Bald Eagle with it's talons clasping the American Flag and a banner that says "The Right To Keep And Bare Arms". I may have to dig it out and see if I can get a scan of it. Probably will be kind of difficult though because it's slightly curved.

I'm not a big gun guy either. I own one gun "just in case". (An S&W .357 magnum loaded with 158 gr. jacketed hollow points). But if the Feds told me I had to hand it over to them because someone else was misusing theirs I would not go quietly into the night :bitchin: One of my brothers on the other hand would probably unlock his arsenal and tell them they can have it when they pry it out of his cold dead hands :D

Travis, thanks for the thought. We are far enough inland. It missed us completely. Didn't even get any rain from it.

As most of you know, I am a hunter. It's probably second to me in priority behind family...

That being said, I can sort of understand their reasoning behind it. My biggest gripe is that I don't think they're providing any kind of reciepts for the return of the guns. I've got many thousands of dollars tied up in firearms (read up on it some time... GREAT investment) and if presented with the prospect of being asked to give mine up, I think I would probably just spin the tumbler on my 1800 lb safe and invite them to take all they wish to carry off!!

:lol_hitting: you had to know that was coming BOP :P

you may have to remove it manually right now if you want it off not all functions are workign for me right now, still workin kinks out with the site upgrade

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

:lol_hitting: you had to know that was coming BOP :P

you may have to remove it manually right now if you want it off not all functions are workign for me right now, still workin kinks out with the site upgrade

Oh great! You do this to me and then make ME fix it. Okay, done... :moon::P

I probably do need to come up with an avatar - but that ain't it :D

I've got many thousands of dollars tied up in firearms and if presented with the prospect of being asked to give mine up, I think I would probably just spin the tumbler on my 1800 lb safe and invite them to take all they wish to carry off!!

SQ, I sure hope you would rethink that statement. If there were a rash of rapes in your area, would you offer up your gonads for castration? What I'm saying is that a gun doesn't make one predisposed to kill any more than a functioning wee wee makes him predisposed to rape. Like I've said before, I don't own a gun, but the day my government tells me I can't own one is the day I will buy one.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Exactly....

As much as they care to pack off.... They're not going to take the effort to cut that safe off of my floor and find a way to get it out of my house....

My guns are as safe as my gonads!!

SQ, I apologize. I thought you meant you would open the safe to them, forgetting in my old age the meaning of "spin the tumbler." I'm not a hunter, never have been, never will. I'm glad my brothers and some friends are, though. I'm soft when it comes to shooting animals, and envy those who can, because I do enjoy eating them.

I think I'll go out and buy an illegal gun.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008