ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Damn Theives!

tdewitt

100' of welding leads stolen off the truck sometime last week. I know I shouldn't have left 100' of 3/0 copper cable where anybody could get a hold of it but still.

So how do you store/secure your welding cables and torch bottles on your trucks?

Six weeks ago I had 225' of 4/0 stolen from my crane. First time I had anything stolen from my trucks in 15 years of being in business. My trucks are normally kept in the shop, had it sitting out because the shop was full. Someone was watching, took advantage of the opportunity. I was also hit by scrap thieves 3 times in 3 weeks, one was done while I was still at the shop one night, heard a truck with a loud exhaust stop, and went out to investigate, surprised the guy. I got the license plate number, know the guy's name, but cops can't find him. The thieves will steal anything they can find. I'm tired of dealing with low life's that are too sorry to work for a living. I told the cops if I catch a thief they can pick up the sob in a body bag.

I was storing them in the lockable boxes but got tired of digging them out every time, so I built a rack to wrap them around. They cut the quick disconnects off the one and unbolted the quick disconnects from the welder on the other. Stupid F@#$ers!

Any photos of your set up would be appreciated.

• Board Patron

Here at my shop they will steal anything left out. I keep mine in a locked box, it's a big pain in the ass to drag them in and out but what is a person to do.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

On my 77SR I have the welder through bolted and mounted right behind the lamp bins / cab. Then I ran the cables under the bed to the back of the bed. My truck has a lockable lead box on the back of the bed. Works out awesome. Just unlock the box and pull the leads out. On my 57, I keep the leads in a locked bin. My small 43 bucket just has a generator w/o welding capabilities.

If I don't close my back gate. People will just help themselves to my yard. They will come in any time of the day. I had signs posted, but they've been stolen so many times I quit putting them back up.