ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I-Crane??? What ever happened to these guys?

Brian

I think you are just mad because you have to work out of those old ass trucks! I can't blame you there but don't take it out on me! I had old ass trucks for about 15 years after I opened my sign company.

• Board Patron

re-cable, change tubes, replace seals, trouble shoot ...... That is a good mechanic not a crane engineer or builder. Dude are you really that fucking stupid?

I am not bashing your dream I am saying I-Crane as a business is a JOKE.

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I think you are just mad because you have to work out of those old ass trucks! I can't blame you there but don't take it out on me! I had old ass trucks for about 15 years after I opened my sign company.

Yep my trucks aren't new but you know why they still work? The men that designed and built them knew what they were doing and they are still in business which is something you cannot say about I crane. Hey come to my shop I would love to show you my old ass trucks.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Id rather have chubbys truck. Thats what kept me alive and fed when i bought my ikea

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

The crane will be engineered by an engineer. Do you not listen to anything? I have been fabricating steel and aluminum since I was in high school. I have helped put one of these together and am very capable of assembling one which has got nothing to do with being an engineer. Thanks for caring though. When I install a sign guess what???? It has to be engineered by an engineer! Wow! What a concept! You guys act like this is impossible yet in reality it has already been done.

It is a 2 section crane but you act like I am building the impossible! WTF is wrong with you guys? All sections and subframes are welded by certified welders. Still not seeing an issue here and you obviously haven't heard of anyone having an accident or issue with the IC 50. It seems like you are that fucking stupid because you can't seem to let shit go or are just clueless! I'm not sure which it is but every time I respond to your dumb ass comments I feel like I am dumbing down to your level. lol

• Board Patron

Ok I'm a little slow but here goes. Your crane will be engineered by an engineer but, you are just assembling a crane that has already been engineered by and engineer?

That parts will be fabricated by someone else and you put it together.

So you are building, I mean assembling the same crane that several people have tried to assemble and make a go of but could not?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I don't believe the crane was ever engineered and if I can't get that done then I won't touch it! The design of the 50' crane is newer. Only 1 company has built it and they are no longer operating the "ICRANE" business which has nothing to do with sales or design of the crane. It would be engineered, and certified or it won't happen. So I try to do things right and you have nothing good to say about that? Not seeing the problem here?

• Board Patron

I have no dog in the fight but it seams like Kendal has a pretty nice sign operation going on. He is obviously not an idiot. if he wants to put his money into another venture who are any of us to belittle him? Thats what being an entrepreneur is all about. As long as he does it by the book and has it buiit correctly and engineered who really gives a fug. Am I still going to spend 30k more on a manitex? probably but get off his ass. geeze

• Like 1

• Board Patron

The frekin' post was not about him building his own crane it was what happened to I Crane

They are out of business period.

Now Kendal shut the hell up and build/assemble whatever your crane do something besides talking about it. The proof is in the pudding.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I have no dog in the fight but it seams like Kendal has a pretty nice sign operation going on. He is obviously not an idiot. if he wants to put his money into another venture who are any of us to belittle him? Thats what being an entrepreneur is all about. As long as he does it by the book and has it buiit correctly and engineered who really gives a fug. Am I still going to spend 30k more on a manitex? probably but get off his ass. geeze

Very well said Keith..........

I am assuming that I-Crane is no longer a viable business, Kendal wants to purchase the assets and reinvigorate the company under his guidance, using his business acumen in the sign industry. Hopefully this is correct.

Also, I am assuming a Sam Marcum, who I do not know, was once affiliated with this company, took some liberties with some decent folks and then vamoosed. Further, I am assuming that the company could not get out from underneath the stigma of this Sam Marcum and now they are no longer a player.

Further, I am assuming that Kendal owns these cranes, likes these cranes and wants to make a stab at a new business with a new set of specifications.

I agree with Keith, lets applaud his effort rather than tear him down. If he does it right, why can't it be a success. If it fails, it's his time and his dollar.

I think he has indicated that he will follow all rules of the game with certifications and safety . Let him give it a shot. This spirit of entrepreneurship is what drives this great country.

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

Alright, my ears hurt this thread is dead and nothing can come out of it.

Curse those who lied, cheated, and took advantage of the hard working, and praise those that want to make this industry better by taking a risk. After all, some products are better because some they were designed by the people in our industry.

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill