ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Boom, crane, bucket hydraulic fluid

Greetings,

We have many boom/bucket trucks and a number of them call for different type hydraulic fluid for the booms. Transmission fluid, areal fluid, T22 ISO32, etc., etc. There are 3 issues that come to mind about type of fluid (probably more, please help with list) and they would be:

1 - does not transfer electrical current or minimizes it

2 - stays stable and does not bog down truck at cold temps as well as keep viscous enough at high temps so boom operates properly. We work in temps from 10 -100

3 - does not hurt gaskets, seals, cylinders, etc. over time

Any other issues that come to mind please add.

Manufacturer of booms all say use this or that specific fluid - my question is - can I use one type of fluid (or 2, say trans fluid for 1 type of truck and T22 for all others) so I don't have to have 5 different 5 gallon containers, keep inventory up on 5, and make sure trucks all have the right hydraulic fluid for each truck.

Life would be simpler with 1. I constantly see guys (farmers, forklifts, etc.) just using ANY hydraulic fluid for their equipment and they say no difference. For our work, 3 issues above are important (as well as other you may add). Any 1 fluid do the trick for all hydraulic systems?

Thanks for any input.

• Board Patron

I have an oil guy (close friend) who takes care of my needs. It's true, different trucks do require different hydraulic oils. He has me hooked up for my; Shear, Forklift, Cranes, and Bucket Trucks. Also get my grease/ lube from him. I keep plenty of "pails" on hand (5 Gal). Never know when your next hose is going to blow. Also, change out your hydraulic filters regularly.

Did you know you can get an oil analysis by a lab. I use Polaris Laboratories 877 808 3750. there are others I am sure you can find them with a search. You send a sample in and get a report, they send you a kit.

• Board Patron

what are the guys with Elliotts using, my truck moves slow in the cold

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446