ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

My Bitch For The Day

Well here it is. Last summer I did a bunch of work for a consultant on a newly constructed Class A 4 story building. Interior ADA, Lobby sign & monuemnt sign along with address lettering (unfinished). Well there was a property MGMT in place already starting to get the leasing going. She had asked me a bunch of questions getting ready for her presentation to different possible tenants on exterior signage. It's in a wierd zone so I had to do some leg work with the traveling to the city and getting that down on the assumption I would at least be in the bidding process for future tenenats as I've done for many jobs with the consultant. Well months go by and now were in Feb so I email the consultant "any tentants yet?" he replies back that he and owner had sold the propoerty and that the MGMT is still in place and to contact her because she was starting to sign tenant. No big deal. I email her and weeks, then months go by, finally couple months ago she emails me wanting to know how to open the lobby sign and get to the face. I explain to her and then the next thing I know a small vinyl shop is calling me that I have done some work for in the past. He says he needs to get inside to open the face so he can put a quick insert in with leasing info.

It's a very nice custom internal illuminated lobby sign I made with no fastners visible, there's only a certain way to open it and I explain to him. He then asks why the face is black and how it was suppose to be made with removeable inserts. I explain to him that there were no tenants at the time it was being made and that it was a rush job. But I told him my plan was to have my CNC rout out inserts and tracks that I was to do at a later time. I thought this conversation was getting wierd.

So just the other day I get a call from him telling me that a ADA manufacturer gave him my number so I can maybe do some tactile and braille for him. So we talk about the job then the building he's explaing to me sounds awfully familiar. He has no knowledge at all of ADA or anything remote about requirements. So he asks me how I did mine and I explain a certain building that I did and he hesitates a little and I can sense it. Then he tells me that that's the building he's doing for each indiviual tenants. So now after thinking about it more and more....#@^#en *ch comes to mind. A lot of times I can seperate business from personal. If someone else gets bids I try for, no big deal. I know this guy has to have some little knowledge that I should be doing the work, finishing up what I started (not his fault). But for me to do all this legwork downtown for this hobag, and not get my emails responded to except for yesterday that says "sorry, I have another vendor I'm working with but I'll keep you in mind" AAAAnnnd this guy to contact me and to ask me to finish my job for him.

I wish I could turn back time and tell him and her to figure out how to open the lobby sign themselves. I guess what bites me is a guy who doesn't know what he's doing asking me to figure it out for him. LoL, I should do the work and email her, "hey thank you for letting me finish what I started...looks great" :wave-finger:

I hate having to bite on my leather wallet and take an arrow all in the name of integrity

I need a few days....

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I hear you loud and clear! I've been screwed so many times by so-called "business associates" I'm beginning to think there is nothing BUT crooked business associates! I won't get into my most recent situation. Let's just say that... well, never mind. They may read this forum.

That's what the Pvt Forum is for, and not just for :boobs:

How many registered members do you have? How many of them ever post anything? Any registered member can view what is in the private forum whether they ever post anything or not. There is a very good chance this person is a registered member. In fact, I would be surprised if they are not.

There's different tiers

Admin (Highest)

Mods

Sign Industry Tech

Shopbotters

Members

Guest (Lowest)

and of course the

Banned

Not all can see what others can see on the board. I save Sign Industrey Techs for the select few. There are invisble forums that hold files for DL'ing

It helps to keep the Bob Singleton's out of the places they shouldn't be

For example he was in K-girls blog lastnight and I haven't had a chance or time to see where he sent this but he had hit "email this to a friend" button on her blog and emailed this message

I thought you might be interested in reading this Blog page: http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...howentry&eid=12

From,

Westcoast Sign Guy

When the person gets the email they will find it not coming from my email address but from his. It's a blog and public I know but to go around and falsley say it's from me, shame shame bob. That's not christain like as you say you live your life, but I'll act like one and forgive you

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently went back to the building and pulled the plans out and got copies of all who is coming in and talked to those who were already in. I'll be doing the interior tentant office signs of some already :wiggle: ...funny thing is I haven't been this motivated in a very longtime.

If I can't bid on the interior building signs I sure as hell will be doing some the tentant interior signs. I'm doing them cheap too just for the principle aspect of it, my new name is "Budget Signs"....well, not to cheap :beat: :mf_tongue::mf_tongue::mf_tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

Mission Accomplished. Just did my first job for the only tenant who has moved in so far. Did a bunch of FCO's for the interior office :666:

See how a situation can motivate you :headbang: