ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

coiled cords inside Versalift boom

• Board Patron

I'm slowly restoring an older AT&T service truck with a Versalift.

Inside the boom is a retractile (coiled) 15 conductor cable that controls the hydraulics down in the pedestal. I want to replace this cable, and I have the parts to do so. Has anyone here replaced one of these? Do you have to take the boom completely apart?

Just want to know what I'm getting myself into!

• Board Patron

Call Versa Lift. They are in Waco Tx Ask them what is required

I can't find anyone at Versalift who knows much about the older coiled cables, as they have gone to pneumatic or other controls long ago. I have the service manual for the lift, but it doesn't really show the cord.

• Board Patron

What size truck? They normal have service doors on the booms. Take a lot of before pics. And get after it. If no one can help you. You're forced into a DIY scenario.