ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Hey Digitalwoodshop

I just noticed your Epson r1800 in the gallery, should be getting mine delivered today. It was a toss up between the r1800 or the r2400. Anyway what is that you have hooked up (and purpose) to the printer?

I have heard great things about the printer so I thought I'd pick one and try to use for interior ADA along with printing out personal photographs.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 4 months later...
I just noticed your Epson r1800 in the gallery, should be getting mine delivered today. It was a toss up between the r1800 or the r2400. Anyway what is that you have hooked up (and purpose) to the printer?

I have heard great things about the printer so I thought I'd pick one and try to use for interior ADA along with printing out personal photographs.

Sorry I did not see this post sooner.... I use the R1800 for Sublimation using Corel Draw 12 and a sublimation driver. About the time you posted this I started getting a color shift. Found I had some plugged heads. Sublimation ink is expensive, $1800.00 for the 8 bags. I sadly blew away about $400.00 in ink doing cleaning cycles. My Sublimation Dealer, Johnson Plastics told me to shift back to the regular ink and clean with it as it is thinner. Got everything open except the yellow then one of the 8 ran out of ink and everything stops....

In a panic with Christmas close at hand, I bid on 3 R1800's on eBay and won 2... Oops.... So they were on the way.

Then I found a guy on eBay selling cleaning cartridges and ordered a set of 8. They are clear plastic with resetting chips and are filled with a almost clear mystery solution. Well it worked... Ordered a second set and store the extra R1800 with the cleaning solution.

Also found the CIS bulk systems on eBay for the R1800 but have not hooked it up yet. Get the better pigment based bulk ink if you do. It's better than the dye. I use one on my Epson R220 and it works great.

Also got a chip re setter on eBay for about $3.00 for the Epson ink cartridges. The same that a shop locally uses to refill ink cartridges by weight while you wait.... a good deal.

With the CIS system I took a hot soldering iron to my R1800 and cut a bit of it away as when the hoses ducked under it on the left it slapped and was starting to put a hole in the ink tubes.

Hope this helps...

On the positive side of the business, traded in my old laser Engravers for 2 newer Epson units to a guy that has over 20 of the old ones.

Wanted a Shop Bot but picked up a Sears CarveWright they call the Compucarve. Pretty happy with it, I know it is a hobby unit but it will meet my needs. V Carved signs. Bought a second unit that was a return to Sears for a great price. It had the Z encoder problem and drove into the board after a few cycles. Just sent the Z pack in for the warranty repair. On the www.carvewright.com forum I posted what I think caused all the failures.... Contamination from oil separating from the grease and the oil contaminated the encoder.

So it's Sublimation, Laser Engraving, and V Carving.... If only the tourists would come back.... hard making a buck here in the winter....

Hope you have luck with your printer.

AL

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the Password reset... Been gone a while.

I have a Graphtec FC7000 on order to work with my R1800. I want to make stickers using reflective vinyl then sublimate the clear mates with the R1800 and the heat press. Then using the registration marks cut the stickers. Will do Fire Department stickers at first.

Hope the R1800 has met your need in the last few months.

AL

Thanks for the Password reset... Been gone a while.

I have a Graphtec FC7000 on order to work with my R1800. I want to make stickers using reflective vinyl then sublimate the clear mates with the R1800 and the heat press. Then using the registration marks cut the stickers. Will do Fire Department stickers at first.

Hope the R1800 has met your need in the last few months.

AL

Hey thanks for the update. What paper are you using for the ultimate picture quality prints?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Hey thanks for the update. What paper are you using for the ultimate picture quality prints?

I have only done sublimation with the printer. I just saw I have another plugged head.... The Sublimation ink is thicker.... Had one R1800 shut down after too many cleaning cycles. This prevents the ink from overflowing the cleaning tank. There is a utility you run to reset the counter after cleaning the tank.

So of my 3 one is down for reset, one is plugged and one is in standby with head cleaners installed.

AL