ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Contractors Lic.

derf

Just passed my C-61 Sign Installation test! got an 86% :yahoo:

Now I just need to get a 10k bond and some finger prints, then wait for the SCLB to get me my Lic# then i can realy jack some shit UP! :jackhammer::construction:

Now I :beerparty: Because I have been studying for like 3 months! my head still hurts!

Congratulations, Derf! I'd be more excited if I knew what you were talking about. SG has touched on these licenses before, but no such thing is needed in the 3 states we do most of our work in. I've always heard that California is generally considered the "Father of all state laws", which means sooner or later, we'll be seeing these kinds of restrictions (and, yes, that's what I believe they are) in our area.

What generally did you have to go through to get to this point in your quest? What topics does the Sign Installation Test cover? And, what does the 10K bond cover? That seems like peanuts. And how much is this license going to cost? That's all.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Congratulations, Derf! I'd be more excited if I knew what you were talking about. SG has touched on these licenses before, but no such thing is needed in the 3 states we do most of our work in. I've always heard that California is generally considered the "Father of all state laws", which means sooner or later, we'll be seeing these kinds of restrictions (and, yes, that's what I believe they are) in our area.

What generally did you have to go through to get to this point in your quest? What topics does the Sign Installation Test cover? And, what does the 10K bond cover? That seems like peanuts. And how much is this license going to cost? That's all.

Basically I had to learn about Lien law and how to legally contract in the state of CA.. In the state of CA it is illegal to improve or modify real property with out a contractors Lic. For any job over $500. You must also get a $12,500 Contractors bond, Finger printed, proof workers Comp. Insurance or exemption.

The test pretty much covered Lien Law, Arbitration law, CAL-OSHA Health & safety, Business Management, & how to make sure every local government agency can dip its hands in your pocket and how to pay their fees on time!

Now can I build a Sign????? Who the hell knows! they did not test me on that! :stinker:

I have all the study books on the C-45 electrical sign lic. And it has a lot of math and electrical parts and more safety stuff. They just want to make sure when you fry :shocked: your self or kill some one your covered with workers comp or a bond!