ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

pontiac lettering

I need to make vinyl for a friends car. It is a 2000Pontiac Grand Prix.

Here is a photo of the rear of the vehicle that needs the vinyl.

Anyone have any advice for the best way to go about this?

the vinyl will be white and fill the inset of the copy for Pontiac.

post-514-1184200067.gif

I need to make vinyl for a friends car. It is a 2000Pontiac Grand Prix.

Here is a photo of the rear of the vehicle that needs the vinyl.

Anyone have any advice for the best way to go about this?

the vinyl will be white and fill the inset of the copy for Pontiac.

Go to some of the Pontiac chat forums and check out their vendors or those trying to sell their products in the For Sale sections. I know some of them sell letters for Firebirds and other GM vehicles to fit in the recessed areas. Chances are someone may have the style for the GP.

Here call my friend Steven from Custom Graphics 858.717.4652

He does a lot of this stuff on a everyday basis and most likely can sell you the file, sell you the vinyl or .....

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I have hand lettered similar things before. And I have made a paper rubbing and hand cut vinyl. I have also been able to lay a big blank of vinyl over the image and cut it by hand right on the panel.

TEastin

Take a rubbing with some paper and graphite, then scan in the paper and trace out the logo then cut out the graphic and apply.. you may need to cut out a few and make changes to get a nice fit.

or you can get the logo and tweak it over the scanned in rubbing.

Take a rubbing with some paper and graphite, then scan in the paper and trace out the logo then cut out the graphic and apply.. you may need to cut out a few and make changes to get a nice fit.

or you can get the logo and tweak it over the scanned in rubbing.

That's what my friend has done for years, so that's why he would have all those files. Already rubbed, scanned and cleaned up, lol.

I told him he need to start doing some real signs and get out of that high school shit! :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Take a digital picture with the camera positioned as close to square as you can. Import the pic into sign software and size it to measurements taken from the car - up to actual size. Then make your lettering and test cut to fit. I've done a bunch but don't have that one.

geraldi,

That would be great! She came back over last night and I was gonna try and get a little more squared up photo and trace it. But, we had some major thunderstorms till after dark. So it was no glory.

batchell@gmail.com