ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Western Sign Show

• !llumenati

I know there are a few benders coming down from Vegas and want to go to Tiajuanna Sat. night.

I'm bringing my passport.

We are booth #120.

WCSG, are you going to drink that micro brewery beer again?

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• !llumenati
Tiajuanna? Your crazy, maybe I won't be seeing you in Orlando after all! :blink:

Cant be any worse than when I got lost in Moscow a few years ago. If I get lost I can always follow all the runners 'cause they are not going South.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going? Sean, we getting some appetizers & drinks Friday night? I'm going to two of those seminars friday morning and sat, see if can learn something new :P and see what their trying to brain wash us with :crazy:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
Anyone going? Sean, we getting some appetizers & drinks Friday night? I'm going to two of those seminars friday morning and sat, see if can learn something new :P and see what their trying to brain wash us with :crazy:

Brainwash???? never. I'd be interested in what the one seminar says about T8 usage in signs??? Also, the energy issues in signs --------IF they say anything constructive ----------

Too bac that Eric, doing the other seminar, isn't involved in the discussion about T8 and T12 issues. If you get a chance to rattle at him ----- try and meet him during the show -------- lots of good information. He's been around for ever ------ and quite knowledgeable.

gn

Gary, I'm not completely sold on using T-8's for sign cabinets, especially poles and monuments. My concern is light dispersal, lamps spacing. It almost appears that one would have to use more lamps to disperse the light and keep from making hot spots. If more lamps are needed, then it kind of defeats the purpose of energy conservation.

Though I can see T-8's been used in some applications. I have yet to do a cabinet or sign using a T-8 I have to admit but I have re-lamped all my shop lights.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
Gary, I'm not completely sold on using T-8's for sign cabinets, especially poles and monuments. My concern is light dispersal, lamps spacing. It almost appears that one would have to use more lamps to disperse the light and keep from making hot spots. If more lamps are needed, then it kind of defeats the purpose of energy conservation.

Though I can see T-8's been used in some applications. I have yet to do a cabinet or sign using a T-8 I have to admit but I have re-lamped all my shop lights.

Absolutely correct, and that's why CSA did battle with the Calif people and got the T-8 in commercial sign applications shot down - it was those very concerns and issues that made the point. That's also why -------- major lamp producers are considering phasing out T-12's, but yet Voltarc and EGL are NOT going to quit the mfg of our lamps. BUT ----- they are switching over to the rare earth phosphors, thus allowing better light output, and a nicer color, and combined with electronic ballasts ------ capable of achieving the energy savings that Calif was concerned about.

For those that deal with T-8's and T-12's ------- start becoming familiar with the CCT and CRI terms, and definitions. More so with T-8's and smaller, its not just a WW, CW, DL color designations anymore. More like a 741, 851, 841, 837, etc, etc. And you won't like the look if you mix a 841 and a 741, etc.

For more information on these issues ---------- again, Eric, a member here, from E-Tech is the same doing the one seminar I mentioned.

Yo, Eric ------------ your turn to jump in ------------

gn

Sean,

O'Hungry's Restaurant & Tavern Firday Night. It's right across from Hotel Circle in Old Town, tell all who are interested, and open invite to all readig this. Come one Come All, come drink beer by the yard and hear live entertainment, must see if your a visitor.

Pay no mind to the big foam in my glass :P

post-3-1202353920.jpg

I know there are a few benders coming down from Vegas and want to go to Tiajuanna Sat. night.

I'm bringing my passport.

We are booth #120.

WCSG, are you going to drink that micro brewery beer again?

TJ.....are you crazy.......

You cannot go because my Spanish is not all that great to keep you out of trouble. TJ is dirty with dirty girls....ehhhhh

You came to my house and I wasn't here????? What the heck, can't you call so I can then answer my door with a greeting.....

Cannot wait to see you all this Friday night.....now you can see how we do things in San Diego.......if the party gets going, we can always bring it back to my house.....fishing nut has the address.........:)

I still cannot believe you and my hubby had lunch without me...RUDE.......I SAY RUDE......

• !llumenati
TJ.....are you crazy.......

You cannot go because my Spanish is not all that great to keep you out of trouble. TJ is dirty with dirty girls....ehhhhh

You came to my house and I wasn't here????? What the heck, can't you call so I can then answer my door with a greeting....---------------AND A SMILEn??????

Hell, he already started off on the wrong foot with his Spanish, with his spelling of Tijuana ---------

K-girl, you don't respond to emails???

gn

Edited by Gary Nutting

K-girl, you don't respond to emails???

gn

She's as bad as you, if not worse.

The sign show is sooooooo small.

Well I took two seminars,

DIS-03: Sign Companies - Are You Ready for the 2009 Energy Requirements?

DIS-07: Sign Lighting: Safe and Effective Electrical Techniques with Low Maintenance Results

I liked both seminars more so the last one on Sign Lighting which was presented by Morgan Crook and Brad (can't remember last name but he worked for Transco).

The first one really showed how the Energy Company's don't know too much about lighting and efficiency (Doug from Edison) and it was a little scary to think they will take part in shaping our industry. The questions I asked and comments I made and the reaction of "Next Slide...or Moving Right along" demonstrated this, lol. The second speaker from the energy commission was informative on understanding that we have only so much energy to use with a growing population. But, just think what would happen if we just built a few more power plants, we just might be spending less money in regulation and R&D into saving energy???

It was refreshing to learn that California energy companies have given up the idea to try and convert T-12's to T-8's in sign lighting.

Second seminar "Sign Lighting", I think they need more of these and longer courses. Morgan and Brad did a very good job. I love listening to people who genuinely love their work. There was not enough time and I would have loved to be there all day. By far the best seminar I have been to, to date.

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
Name correction

• !llumenati
Well I took two seminars,

DIS-03: Sign Companies - Are You Ready for the 2009 Energy Requirements?

DIS-07: Sign Lighting: Safe and Effective Electrical Techniques with Low Maintenance Results

I liked both seminars more so the last one on Sign Lighting which was presented by Morgan Cook and Brad (can't remember last name but he worked for Transco).

The first one really showed how the Energy Company's don't know too much about lighting and efficiency (Doug from Edison) and it was a little scary to think they will take part in shaping our industry. The questions I asked and comments I made and the reaction of "Next Slide...or Moving Right along" demonstrated this, lol. The second speaker from the energy commission was informative on understanding that we have only so much energy to use with a growing population. But, just think what would happen if we just built a few more power plants, we just might be spending less money in regulation and R&D into saving energy???

It was refreshing to learn that California energy companies have given up the idea to try and convert T-12's to T-8's in sign lighting.

Second seminar "Sign Lighting", I think they need more of these and longer courses. Morgan and Brad did a very good job. I love listening to people who genuinely love their work. There was not enough time and I would have loved to be there all day. By far the best seminar I have been to, to date.

Morgan is a super nice guy. He was the first of several that I had come out to Phoenix to do a seminar in my shop to help better the trade. Very "real world" and very much a good spokesperson for the industry. He's one of the ones that you put on your contact list when you have questions about neon etc. Amd its actually Morgan Crook.

gn

gn

Edited by Gary Nutting