ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Middle of the week

Kgirl

Ahhh,

Today is Wednesday...yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh...2 more days until the weekend, well actually a day and half because Fridays are where it starts with a little happy hour......and Thursdays I end at 11:30am....I got it gooooooodd......

How's everyone's week so far? any drama that any one cares to share? All I hear and read is the Hollywood drama...what about us real folks???

Ok, ya'll I wanna hear what ya'll got to say.......

Time to share and vent.......not that I am going to solve any issues, but it's good to share with your fellow friends...

I'll go first.

See, I work with children that have special needs (mainly with children that have autism) and I tell ya...I think doctors now and days are too darn quick when it comes to diagnosing a child. One little thing wrong with the child and it means he/she has autism...so then they throw the child in a class that they really do not belong in......and I have to deal with parents wanting me to fix their child and make them all better...IF I COULD, HELL...I WOULD!

I have been working with these children (autism) for a long time now, I know a child that is autistic and a child that is not autistic,vs. a child that is just emotionally disturb........I mean.....since when does a child that is autistic come up to a teacher and say they are going to blow my f... head off with a machine gun and then turn around to another teacher and say I am going to slit your throat...I mean...that child is not autistic...that child has some mental issues....too many movies, video games..parents.....something is not right, but it is not autism.....

Is anyone out there familiar with special needs (autism or emotionally disturb)????? I am trying to work with parents on this and boy am I lost and so is the staff I work with....I was just told after spring break, I am going to be working with a new kid and he is just something else....he has been turned away from certain programs and several teachers have given up on him...the kid is only 5 years old....WOW.......

Ok, ya'll...I have vented and shared my week......who is next....it can be about anything......

Thanks for listening:)

Funny, Westcoast sign guy wonders where I get my patience from when I work with my little treasures......

Ahhh,

Today is Wednesday...yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh...2 more days until the weekend, well actually a day and half because Fridays are where it starts with a little happy hour......and Thursdays I end at 11:30am....I got it gooooooodd......

How's everyone's week so far? any drama that any one cares to share? All I hear and read is the Hollywood drama...what about us real folks???

Ok, ya'll I wanna hear what ya'll got to say.......

Time to share and vent.......not that I am going to solve any issues, but it's good to share with your fellow friends...

I'll go first.

See, I work with children that have special needs (mainly with children that have autism) and I tell ya...I think doctors now and days are too darn quick when it comes to diagnosing a child. One little thing wrong with the child and it means he/she has autism...so then they throw the child in a class that they really do not belong in......and I have to deal with parents wanting me to fix their child and make them all better...IF I COULD, HELL...I WOULD!

I have been working with these children (autism) for a long time now, I know a child that is autistic and a child that is not autistic,vs. a child that is just emotionally disturb........I mean.....since when does a child that is autistic come up to a teacher and say they are going to blow my f... head off with a machine gun and then turn around to another teacher and say I am going to slit your throat...I mean...that child is not autistic...that child has some mental issues....too many movies, video games..parents.....something is not right, but it is not autism.....

Is anyone out there familiar with special needs (autism or emotionally disturb)????? I am trying to work with parents on this and boy am I lost and so is the staff I work with....I was just told after spring break, I am going to be working with a new kid and he is just something else....he has been turned away from certain programs and several teachers have given up on him...the kid is only 5 years old....WOW.......

Ok, ya'll...I have vented and shared my week......who is next....it can be about anything......

Thanks for listening:)

Funny, Westcoast sign guy wonders where I get my patience from when I work with my little treasures......

I didnt know you did this work. I know a lot about this...both medically and in having to "work" with the children. My ex-wife had to work with several - this is tough work. But I am wondering if it isnt more difficult to work with the parents. The Mind Institute at UC Davis has put out some interesting reports about how mercury is causing problems in some of the children - Gary Nutting and I know quite a bit about the concept that what may appear to be a mercury related nerve disorder might be something TOTALLY different!!!

I agree with you about how some parents are raising their kids and how it has become the "new" disease for parents to have their children diagnosed with...take a step back and look at the huge industry that has evolved from the concept and the real disease itself.

I think a great book for you and anyone who is questioning the "green end-of-the-world" movement is Michael Chrichton's STATE OF FEAR. Shows how with the COLD WAR ended how the economy needs some other FEAR to spur the growth. It appears that GLOBAL WARMING, AUTISM, and TERRORISM are the new FEARS.

Good luck in your work!

On my rant this week - I went horse back riding for my 40th B-Day in the mountains outside of Las Vegas - I was with a bunch of women and they all kept looking at me and smiling at me when we were riding. I am a tall guy (6-4) and I needed a big horse. After the ride my ego was shot down when my fiancee told me that they werent looking at me but how endowed my male horse was...hahaha! With that and all the spam email I get...I was starting to get a complex.

• Board Patron

Geeze, KGirl, that's a tough career! My hats off to you and anyone who can work with disabled people - especially kids. I agree about the diagnosis issue. I'm having a hard time believing that autism can be at such epidemic proportions. It sure sounds like the case you described is something else totally. I'll keep you in my prayers!

And I agree with Manuel, also. State of Fear really described the mindset of the "global warming" industry.

Sorry I don't have a rant today. I'll work on it!

• !llumenati
Geeze, KGirl, that's a tough career! My hats off to you and anyone who can work with disabled people - especially kids. I agree about the diagnosis issue. I'm having a hard time believing that autism can be at such epidemic proportions. It sure sounds like the case you described is something else totally. I'll keep you in my prayers!

And I agree with Manuel, also. State of Fear really described the mindset of the "global warming" industry.

Sometimes its state of fear --------other times its a case of state of warnings. My niece and nephew were diagnosed as being ADD. I kept saying they were kids. So, they were put on meds, and became little zombies. Then they started having other issues --- not paying attention, etc, etc. Finally my sis in law started doubting the meds --------- and you know what, she got her two kids back. They are doing great in school, not on meds, and the docs pronounced them "cured".

But --------- concerning mercury. It really IS a big issue. And its not really a case of if it does bad stuff all the time --- its a case of IF its the cause of doing bad stuff. Consider ------ IF half of the statistics are correct in autism, MS, etc. Consider IF the mercury that is IN flu shots, medicines, etc just might be a part of the cause. Consider IF mercury in food just might be a part of the cause for some of these issues. And then consider IF its your kid. My issue MIGHT have been caused by my work ---- but yet my merc levels were lower than a "normal" person. So, that was supposedly ruled out by the doctors-but evidence proves they MIGHT be wrong. My issue MIGHT have been caused by a flu shot that I had when I was a kid ---- They can't rule that out. My issue MIGHT have been caused by cholesterol meds -----and THEY CAN'T rule that out. But,you know --------- the symptoms are ALL the same. And personally I wouldn't want my kids to have it, whatever IT is.

All I can say is bless the folks that have the ability, the compassion, and the perseverance to deal with the kids, and the parents of the kids, and the ass doctors who decide they are gods.

gn

Well I'll shed some light on my personal life. I was one of those kids who was diagnosed with having ADD or in those days Hyperactivity.....allegedly. It was the age and it still is the day where the quick fix is, "Just prescribe them something" instead of dealing with the issue. When I look back I was just in the wrong setting at school, I was a little ahead of the other kids and should have been moved up a year...so I was bored and couldn't find anything to stimulate my mind, schoolwork or socially. So now I think I deal with the after effects of post Ridilin, if that is in deed such a thing, from what I hear, there is a prescription for that too.

The only rant I have this week is always the same, "Where the hell did I leave my Wallet, or keys?!?!?" Kirstie knows this one all to well :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

It is interesting how parents are given a FREE pass for their kids bad behaviour when the doctor diagnosis them as autistic. Might it be bad parenting???

Also - I think sometime if parents just watched Ceasar Milan's the DOG WHISPERER they may get many ideas on how to handle unruly children.

On the 5 year old - what I learned sitting on the sideline watching for years was to ignore the troublemaker and do not give them the attention they are seeking. Focus on the good kids. Also, in light of the recent shootings in Las Vegas as the schools there seems to be a huge intolerance for these type of threats. I would let the parents know that you are going to report them and their child to the police - trust me, they will very quickly become an active participant in solving the problem. And...you should report them for your own safety. 5 years old or 16 years old (age of kid in Las Vegas) - you shouldnt have to face the threat of death when you are trying to help people.

Also - some kids and people are just bad seeds. A friend of mine divorced his wife in San Diego who had a child from a previous marriage because she would not address how her son acted - he decided that he did not want the liability associated with being part of her family. Her son was drunk driving recently in a rental car and killed two people. A bad seed is a bad seed. In nature life has a way of culling off the problems.

And I do agree with Gary Nutting - mercury is going to be a problem. I asked someone from the DOE the other day what their response was to the fact that it takes more energy to recycle a fluorescent bulb than the energy it saves over its life...they were stumped.

I didnt know you did this work. I know a lot about this...both medically and in having to "work" with the children. My ex-wife had to work with several - this is tough work. But I am wondering if it isnt more difficult to work with the parents. The Mind Institute at UC Davis has put out some interesting reports about how mercury is causing problems in some of the children - Gary Nutting and I know quite a bit about the concept that what may appear to be a mercury related nerve disorder might be something TOTALLY different!!!

I agree with you about how some parents are raising their kids and how it has become the "new" disease for parents to have their children diagnosed with...take a step back and look at the huge industry that has evolved from the concept and the real disease itself.

I think a great book for you and anyone who is questioning the "green end-of-the-world" movement is Michael Chrichton's STATE OF FEAR. Shows how with the COLD WAR ended how the economy needs some other FEAR to spur the growth. It appears that GLOBAL WARMING, AUTISM, and TERRORISM are the new FEARS.

Good luck in your work!

On my rant this week - I went horse back riding for my 40th B-Day in the mountains outside of Las Vegas - I was with a bunch of women and they all kept looking at me and smiling at me when we were riding. I am a tall guy (6-4) and I needed a big horse. After the ride my ego was shot down when my fiancee told me that they werent looking at me but how endowed my male horse was...hahaha! With that and all the spam email I get...I was starting to get a complex.

Thank you so much for your wonderful info. I will check out that book...anything that will help at this point......

You are so right about the industry and how it has evolved..I look back and see how that ratio has jumped with children and Autism. I cannot believe it......I read an article myself a while back about this whole Mercury thing....I read and heard it was in the shots that the doctors give kids at their 2 year check up (cocktail shot)....I have numerous students where their little lives began to change at the age of 2. I have tons and tons of parents that blame the injections.......crazy......

Thank you for sharing...I love to hear others input on this very subject....helps me out.....

I do have to admit...I was cracking up about your horse ride.......I would had been one of those ladies looking at the horse myself....I can see myself cracking jokes throughout the ride. Congrats with the fiancee. When is the big day?????

It is a good day when there are no rants.....ahhhhhh

My job is really tough, I didn't think I could do it, but several years later and I am still working with my little treasures......some are just wonderful to be around and others...well, must I say more.....

I do have to take my hats off to the parents because I only have these children for about 7 hours a day and then I send them off to moms and dads......It makes my job easier when parents work with us instead of against us......every family is different.

I also have to say that I have learned so much from my students and I love educating the regular ed kids about the kids I work with. I love to see the interaction between regular ed and special needs. It is truely amazing.....I also bring my own kids to see what mommy does....they are so wonderful with my students.......It is a great feeling.....but tough......

Sometimes its state of fear --------other times its a case of state of warnings. My niece and nephew were diagnosed as being ADD. I kept saying they were kids. So, they were put on meds, and became little zombies. Then they started having other issues --- not paying attention, etc, etc. Finally my sis in law started doubting the meds --------- and you know what, she got her two kids back. They are doing great in school, not on meds, and the docs pronounced them "cured".

But --------- concerning mercury. It really IS a big issue. And its not really a case of if it does bad stuff all the time --- its a case of IF its the cause of doing bad stuff. Consider ------ IF half of the statistics are correct in autism, MS, etc. Consider IF the mercury that is IN flu shots, medicines, etc just might be a part of the cause. Consider IF mercury in food just might be a part of the cause for some of these issues. And then consider IF its your kid. My issue MIGHT have been caused by my work ---- but yet my merc levels were lower than a "normal" person. So, that was supposedly ruled out by the doctors-but evidence proves they MIGHT be wrong. My issue MIGHT have been caused by a flu shot that I had when I was a kid ---- They can't rule that out. My issue MIGHT have been caused by cholesterol meds -----and THEY CAN'T rule that out. But,you know --------- the symptoms are ALL the same. And personally I wouldn't want my kids to have it, whatever IT is.

All I can say is bless the folks that have the ability, the compassion, and the perseverance to deal with the kids, and the parents of the kids, and the ass doctors who decide they are gods.

gn

Ahhh, how I agree with you on the doctors that try to play god....I mean.....what the heck?????

Erik and I have talked about what to do with the next child we have and with the injections. It is very scary because as parents we believe that what doctors tell us is the truth...as parents we put a lot of faith in the doctors.....but now there are always "what ifs".

I have seen so many children come my way on so many meds...I do see why they do not function well, I don't understand how the doctors don't see what we see and how a child can be on like 5 meds at one time....blows my mind.

I have 2 students that are autistic and their parents (bless them) have taken their child off the meds and change the diet. I see a big difference (good). The diet is Gluten Free....the behaviors have changed, totally amazing.

Well I'll shed some light on my personal life. I was one of those kids who was diagnosed with having ADD or in those days Hyperactivity.....allegedly. It was the age and it still is the day where the quick fix is, "Just prescribe them something" instead of dealing with the issue. When I look back I was just in the wrong setting at school, I was a little ahead of the other kids and should have been moved up a year...so I was bored and couldn't find anything to stimulate my mind, schoolwork or socially. So now I think I deal with the after effects of post Ridilin, if that is in deed such a thing, from what I hear, there is a prescription for that too.

The only rant I have this week is always the same, "Where the hell did I leave my Wallet, or keys?!?!?" Kirstie knows this one all to well :P

So, now I know why you have issues...the damn meds your parents put you on.....I'm the one who suffers..:) Just kidding

No!!!, it is not where did you leave your wallet or keys.....you just need to open your eyes.....right in front of you.... well, actually your wallet is in my hand...:)

It is interesting how parents are given a FREE pass for their kids bad behaviour when the doctor diagnosis them as autistic. Might it be bad parenting???

Also - I think sometime if parents just watched Ceasar Milan's the DOG WHISPERER they may get many ideas on how to handle unruly children.

On the 5 year old - what I learned sitting on the sideline watching for years was to ignore the troublemaker and do not give them the attention they are seeking. Focus on the good kids. Also, in light of the recent shootings in Las Vegas as the schools there seems to be a huge intolerance for these type of threats. I would let the parents know that you are going to report them and their child to the police - trust me, they will very quickly become an active participant in solving the problem. And...you should report them for your own safety. 5 years old or 16 years old (age of kid in Las Vegas) - you shouldnt have to face the threat of death when you are trying to help people.

Also - some kids and people are just bad seeds. A friend of mine divorced his wife in San Diego who had a child from a previous marriage because she would not address how her son acted - he decided that he did not want the liability associated with being part of her family. Her son was drunk driving recently in a rental car and killed two people. A bad seed is a bad seed. In nature life has a way of culling off the problems.

And I do agree with Gary Nutting - mercury is going to be a problem. I asked someone from the DOE the other day what their response was to the fact that it takes more energy to recycle a fluorescent bulb than the energy it saves over its life...they were stumped.

You know, I hear ya on the bad seed....some of my students are so well behaved and then you have the ones that are from some other planet......I also look at the home life and the parents. All of my 10 students, except for 3... their parents are divorce because of the child's diagnosis...the parents blame one another for what has happen to the child......they start blaming the genes.....crazy.

Talking with parents on their child's bad behavior blows my mind...they brush it off stating "he/she was provoked".....it has gotten to the point where it is a big joke. I am very lucky to work with great people where we all have each others best interest at heart...we take care of each other and our students.........The kids that seem to be the bad seed....I, myself cannot figure out the parents......

I have to say, it breaks my heart when child services has to get involved because that seems to be the only eye wakening......and I think that does more damage when the child is taken away and then put back with the parent....these kids need good structure.....

I have something to share again,

Today...there is a little boy in kindergarten and they want to place him in my class.....remind you...I work with special needs (autism and MR), this little boy...his IQ is off the chart (meaning he is so bright), yet this child cannot stat the ABC's and he cannot write his name let alone spell it, nor can he identify numbers....when I worked with him today to observe him, he talks like a baby and wanted me to do everything for him (because his mommy does).....so now that I have observed this child...I am trying to figure out why they say his IQ is off the chart (how is that determined).....I am still waiting for someone to tell me how they tested him for his IQ level.....here we are going into March and he has been in school since September....I also look at the teacher he has, why wait till now to say something....what has this child been doing this whole time in the classroom. He should be reading and he cannot.......

So, I am not sure this child belongs in my class.....it is crazy that children are moved around like this.......I also have to say, once a child is placed in a special needs environment....the school gets so much money from the government......but does the child really belong there.....

You know, I hear ya on the bad seed....some of my students are so well behaved and then you have the ones that are from some other planet......I also look at the home life and the parents. All of my 10 students, except for 3... their parents are divorce because of the child's diagnosis...the parents blame one another for what has happen to the child......they start blaming the genes.....crazy.

Talking with parents on their child's bad behavior blows my mind...they brush it off stating "he/she was provoked".....it has gotten to the point where it is a big joke. I am very lucky to work with great people where we all have each others best interest at heart...we take care of each other and our students.........The kids that seem to be the bad seed....I, myself cannot figure out the parents......

I have to say, it breaks my heart when child services has to get involved because that seems to be the only eye wakening......and I think that does more damage when the child is taken away and then put back with the parent....these kids need good structure.....

I have something to share again,

Today...there is a little boy in kindergarten and they want to place him in my class.....remind you...I work with special needs (autism and MR), this little boy...his IQ is off the chart (meaning he is so bright), yet this child cannot stat the ABC's and he cannot write his name let alone spell it, nor can he identify numbers....when I worked with him today to observe him, he talks like a baby and wanted me to do everything for him (because his mommy does).....so now that I have observed this child...I am trying to figure out why they say his IQ is off the chart (how is that determined).....I am still waiting for someone to tell me how they tested him for his IQ level.....here we are going into March and he has been in school since September....I also look at the teacher he has, why wait till now to say something....what has this child been doing this whole time in the classroom. He should be reading and he cannot.......

So, I am not sure this child belongs in my class.....it is crazy that children are moved around like this.......I also have to say, once a child is placed in a special needs environment....the school gets so much money from the government......but does the child really belong there.....

I heard a lot about: A) mainstreaming special needs kids and the cost it put on the normal class room - I remember a story about a special needs kid that liked grabbing all the girls chests!, B) the cost on our system to have a kid in a special needs class - shouldnt the parents do more in these situations??? I remember the day an acquaintance of mine in the past got a $75,000 special wheel chair for the kid - she drove the thing with her mouth. Trust me, it is sad - but I wonder if it is more sad how much money this family is taking from the "system". The mom didnt work and the dad was in jail for one reason or another.

I agree about child services - but is there a service that would be there for your husband and kids if you didnt do anything and this 5 year old did do something damaging to you?

I love people that are passionate about their work but from experience dont let it run the risk of destroying your personal life.

The best story I ever heard was about one parent whose special needs kid had to be on a "natural food diet" - so the mom sent the kid to school with raw onions to eat...I didnt really believe this until I smelt it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah....

I just love Wednesday...2 more days until the weekend......:)

Anybody have special plans for the weekend??

Well, Erik and I won't have the kids Saturday night, so we are going to drink it up with a few laughs and hang out with some friends.....

So my vacation is over and I go back to work tomorrow....so sad.......3 more months until I'm off for another month....ahhh, I cannot wait that long, seems like forever.....

Everyone,

Enjoy the rest of your week and enjoy the weekend...be safe because I plan to see you all at the meeting in August......:)

• !llumenati

My wife does in class support for preschool special ed and has had 3 kids declassified this year.

She works for an avid district in NJ where they do not want the special ed kids to be excluded from normal class rooms.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

My wife does in class support for preschool special ed and has had 3 kids declassified this year.

She works for an avid district in NJ where they do not want the special ed kids to be excluded from normal class rooms.

Do you think "main streaming" special needs children is good for the "normal children"? Doesnt it bring the whole education level down in the classroom? But then we are all suprised when the USA is rated now as having one of the worst education systems in the world.

Do you think "main streaming" special needs children is good for the "normal children"? Doesnt it bring the whole education level down in the classroom? But then we are all suprised when the USA is rated now as having one of the worst education systems in the world.

It is very sad and true. But it's not just the system it's the American born these days who take everything for granite and assume everyone owes them a place in life. You take almost any immigrant (legal) who comes to this country and you'll find that their drive for doing better is much higher than those born of this country. Our work ethic has fallen way south, this would not be the case two generations ago.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

You have a valid point, In my wifes district a majority of the kids are raised by thier grandparents and have no teaching at home on basics. It is pretty sad when the dad splits and the mom wants nothing to do with them leaving them with the grandparents or for the state to deal with..

She works on seperating the real special education canidates with the ones that are just behind on basics like color recognition, speaking, sitting still in class. stuff like that. The ones that do have special needs are then classified when they reach elementary grades.

I guess I should have been a little more specific, sorry

GOOD things happen for a reason......

I hear what you all are saying about special needs and mainstreaming them with regular ed......

I went to a meeting just a few days ago, my district has now decided that because of the budget issue (bus transportation), they are going to close down the majority of the special ed classes and move the special ed kids back to their home schools and put them in with the regular ed kids. I have a problem with this,

A) I am going to loose the class I work in and all the special tools that help me help the child with special needs.

B) I have been trained to work with special needs vs a regular ed teacher.

C) There are 21 regular ed kids that are going to loose time in the class because the teacher is going to have to stop what he/she is teaching to pay attention to this child where they have no experience.

I was told that I will be floating from class to class to check in on the kids.

I had so many parents come to me with concern that their child with special needs is going to move backwards instead of forward...they are right!!! I believe that the district somehow is not abiding by the law when they take a special needs child away from the best possible environment and take away their one on one aid who assist with feeding and toileting...it is crazy and very sad. I have many parents already fighting the district...

I also think that the regular ed kids....some may torment the special needs child while others may be afraid of the unknown (I guess you could say).

Now....I am all for intergration (special needs and regular ed)....but for a short time a day (30 minutes) with a special ed aid/ technician on hand. This does help the special needs child with social skills to a point and it does teach the regular ed kid a little bit about children with different disabilities.....

On April 22, I will be getting my new assignment for the fall and what my new role will be. I will let you all know........

So far, my school district has let go of 27 special ed teachers and 200 special ed aids....isnt that just crazy........

It will be interesting to see when a regular ed students gets hurt by a child with special needs because a child with special needs is like a bomb...they will go off within seconds.....I hear law suit..........

• 6 months later...

Ahhh,

I cannot believe that the weekend is almost here.....It's about 7pm Wednesday night and I am just finishing homework with my 8 year old....he is getting ready to write a report about a president. Ahh, I cannot believe who are president is going to be. Some changes are about to happen. it is funny to talk politics with my 8 year old. He finds history and all this political stuff so interesting. Kinda cool huh???

My 5 year old is bouncing off the walls from all his trick or treat candy. He has a pillow case full of candy.

Ok, so what is everyone's plans for this weekend?

Erik and I will be busy with the boys are Saturday, all the football banquets and then on Sunday, welp...it is NFL....we will be at the Charger game, hopefully we wont come home in tears......

Ya'll, enjoy the rest of your week and be safe this weekend. Behave!!!! Kidding, be naughty...it makes it more fun!!!!

XOXO to you all....

Ahhh,

I cannot believe that the weekend is almost here.....It's about 7pm Wednesday night and I am just finishing homework with my 8 year old....he is getting ready to write a report about a president. Ahh, I cannot believe who are president is going to be. Some changes are about to happen. it is funny to talk politics with my 8 year old. He finds history and all this political stuff so interesting. Kinda cool huh???

My 5 year old is bouncing off the walls from all his trick or treat candy. He has a pillow case full of candy.

Ok, so what is everyone's plans for this weekend?

Erik and I will be busy with the boys are Saturday, all the football banquets and then on Sunday, welp...it is NFL....we will be at the Charger game, hopefully we wont come home in tears......

Ya'll, enjoy the rest of your week and be safe this weekend. Behave!!!! Kidding, be naughty...it makes it more fun!!!!

XOXO to you all....

It will be interesting to hear from you in time how our new president impacts the world of education for children. That will be encouraging if what was stated will happen.

This weekend we are going to recover from a week of partying - only 2 more days of partying - yes the weekend will be a great break!

I think I almost caused a big accident due to ASSuming, and thinking I knew better.

I'm just glad I have great installers that work for me. I was ASSuming that what I was doing and my preparations were good enough for the weight I THOUGHT a channel letter sign mounted to a raceway weighed. Upon taking three of us to lower, it was WAY heavier than expected. Near close to the end, a forth person decided to get underneath the sign to help burden the weight the sign started to move faster. It was almost the point of me wanting to let go but as soon as that person was slightly underneath I had no choice but to hold on for dear life. The rope seared through my hands, losing skin and feeling like I just held on to a hot oven for a while.

After fifteen years I got a little arrogant and it cost me very little but could have cost me very big. Once the sign was down had the installer not second guessed me and corrected what he thought was a mistake of the way I fasted the ropes to the sign, the sign would have fallen for sure. That sign was too heavy for what I had prepared.

I'm usually pretty good about always preparing for the worst, this time I made a conscious decision of forgetting that due to "It will be okay".

Anyway, my philosophy has always been, "Stupidity ought to be painful" , Well I got a dose of it.