ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

New Members

I want to welcome all the new members who have recently joined up and this extends from the time period over the last few months mainly due to the off site membership newsletters that I have been sending out.

I'd like to extend my virtual hand and invite you all to partake in our growing community of fellow tradesmen and women of the electric sign industry.

Where trade magazines, small local communities, and associations once were the dominating and only sources of information now comes the internet, as time goes on the internet is becoming the biggest and most widely used, and most inexpensive medium there is for obtaining and spreading information. The internet eliminates the obstacles of distance, making all who were so far and away, closer and tighter.

I'm inviting all who have joined, and those who have not yet registered to join in on having open discussion with our community to help strengthen this trade of ours that we work so very hard to perfect as each day passes.

In my humble opinion, having a medium or site where specific intent is open communication to all, creates better checks and balances than printed or spread biased opinion of issues and industry politics at hand.

We have a great tool here, use it. If you use it right, it can save you time, and money....but most importantly make you money.

Again, welcome all new comers.

Regards,

Erik

:Welcome2:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Guest ABC Sign man

Hey Erik, as you know, I have been a member on this forum for a while now, so I figured it was time to introduce my self. My name is Mike and I am an estimator with ABC Sign Products. We have four main divisions to our company. Computer products, Estimating software, Stock length extrusion sales and Wholesale manufactruing. I, personally have been in the sign business for over 30 years. Most of that time with electric sign companies. With my knowledge and background in electric signs, I think I can be an asset to this forum, and am looking forward to joining in the discussions.

Thanks,

Mike.

• Board Patron

I'm new myself but can't tell you how much this forum greatly helps and how much I have learned since joining in on discussions. Now, I'm a more advanced Floor Sweeper :headbang: Haha

But welcome to all the newer but more experienced members :thumbs:

Hi Erik,

My name is Carlos. You guys can call me "los". I joined a couple of months ago & I didn't frequent this site much but now since getting these weekly updates I frequent this site more often & find that there are very interesting posts & subjects. I'm out here in the IE for those not familiar with that term it's the Inland Empire. It's hot, it's growing & it's fun.

I'm a full service sign guy. I've been in the sign industry since I was 18 and I'm going on almost 10 years of experience. The sign Business has been great to me, I've met great people & not so great people, I've learn to work with my hands & a trade that will never go out of business & I've traveled to great & awful locations to install signs, most recently I was in Hawaii helping on an install job (It was a Great Time!).

I can manufacture too, but with so many great wholesale firms out there I find that there really is no need for me to manufacture any form of illuminated letters. I do manufacture non-illuminated letters, faces, monuments & small pylons. Although I don't have the capacity to manufacture anything BIG. If I happen to sell a big job I usually just sub-contract it to a local sign company in my area. I am familiar with most of the sign companies in my area being that I've worked for them at some point or helped them by either installing for them, or designing for them. Did I mention I'm pretty handy on a computer as well.

Well, if I could be of any help to anyone please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for welcoming me into this forum I hope to take something positive from this as well as help contribute to other memebers if possible.

Thanks,

Signature.jpg

3xlogo.jpg

Edited by IE Sign Guy

Hi Erik,

My name is Carlos. You guys can call me "los". I joined a couple of months ago & I didn't frequent this site much but now since getting these weekly updates I frequent this site more often & find that there are very interesting posts & subjects. I'm out here in the IE for those not familiar with that term it's the Inland Empire. It's hot, it's growing & it's fun.

I'm a full service sign guy. I've been in the sign industry since I was 18 and I'm going on almost 10 years of experience. The sign Business has been great to me, I've met great people & not so great people, I've learn to work with my hands & a trade that will never go out of business & I've traveled to great & awful locations to install signs, most recently I was in Hawaii helping on an install job (It was a Great Time!).

I can manufacture too, but with so many great wholesale firms out there I find that there really is no need for me to manufacture any form of illuminated letters. I do manufacture non-illuminated letters, faces, monuments & small pylons. Although I don't have the capacity to manufacture anything BIG. If I happen to sell a big job I usually just sub-contract it to a local sign company in my area. I am familiar with most of the sign companies in my area being that I've worked for them at some point or helped them by either installing for them, or designing for them. Did I mention I'm pretty handy on a computer as well.

Well, if I could be of any help to anyone please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for welcoming me into this forum I hope to take something positive from this as well as help contribute to other memebers if possible.

Thanks,

Signature.jpg

3xlogo.jpg

Subbing out sign parts can be the way to go most of the time. I've had my shop, employee's, trucks, and in most ways I don't miss it.

These days, I'm home in time for dinner with my family and I get to see more of them. When I had the overhead I was single and didn't see much of girlfriends, no way could I pull that off these days :P

I've had my share of the good and the bad :draw2wc: individuals of the industry, but for the most part it's filled with people who genuinely care about what it is they do.

Your town is booming with growth and HOT! Yikes.

Well Carlos, welcome aboard and glad to hear newsletters have caught your attention here.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Welcome again all new members. There has been a few emails sent to me last week I thought I'd address here.

There are no more Display Names other than your Log In Name, they are the same now.

Here are a few links for questions you may have on full board access

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1181

How to post and basic board functions, I notice quite a few posting in the shoutbox when they mean to reply to a thread

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2184

• !llumenati
Welcome again all new members. There has been a few emails sent to me last week I thought I'd address here.

There are no more Display Names other than your Log In Name, they are the same now.

Here are a few links for questions you may have on full board access

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1181

How to post and basic board functions, I notice quite a few posting in the shoutbox when they mean to reply to a thread

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2184

Can you set it up to where when someone signs up----they either get this as part of the sign in process that they can save to re-read, or an email saying "hi", read this before you post???????? Course make it more politically correct, etc.

gn

I saw that Brad Hillis joined from Pride Signs - wow - CEO of one of the larger Canadian sign companies. Good addition to this board. Very smart savvy sign guy.

Welcome aboard Brad.

• 2 months later...

It's been some time again but thought I'd bump this thread again and say hello to all the new people who joined this club. If you have any questions about the site please feel free to ask. :fnd (8):

Other than that, lot's of information here and I'm always ears open from the new people.

• 1 month later...
It's been some time again but thought I'd bump this thread again and say hello to all the new people who joined this club. If you have any questions about the site please feel free to ask. :fnd (8):

Other than that, lot's of information here and I'm always ears open from the new people.

Is it possible to give us stats? How many from USA, Canada, etc ...or How many by State in the USA? Would be interested to know where the sign business is concentrated.

Is it possible to give us stats? How many from USA, Canada, etc ...or How many by State in the USA? Would be interested to know where the sign business is concentrated.

Can't give you those figures but for Top 8 Countries for Oct 2008 hits

US 588,292

O'Canada! 19,712

Great Britain 5,622

Switzerland 2,739

Australia 2,174

Germany 1,579

European 6,243

Unknown 38,633

Oct 2008 Unique Visitors 8,143 Visits 17,316 Hits 677,121

A year ago

Oct 2007 Unique Visitors 3,096 Visits 5,961 Hits 377,618

I want to welcome all the new members who have recently joined up and this extends from the time period over the last few months mainly due to the off site membership newsletters that I have been sending out.

I'd like to extend my virtual hand and invite you all to partake in our growing community of fellow tradesmen and women of the electric sign industry.

Where trade magazines, small local communities, and associations once were the dominating and only sources of information now comes the internet, as time goes on the internet is becoming the biggest and most widely used, and most inexpensive medium there is for obtaining and spreading information. The internet eliminates the obstacles of distance, making all who were so far and away, closer and tighter.

I'm inviting all who have joined, and those who have not yet registered to join in on having open discussion with our community to help strengthen this trade of ours that we work so very hard to perfect as each day passes.

In my humble opinion, having a medium or site where specific intent is open communication to all, creates better checks and balances than printed or spread biased opinion of issues and industry politics at hand.

We have a great tool here, use it. If you use it right, it can save you time, and money....but most importantly make you money.

Again, welcome all new comers.

Regards,

Erik

I could not have said this better......

To ALL OUR NEW FRIENDS..... A VERY BIG WELCOME.....I look forward to meeting you all!!!!!

Kirstie

• 1 month later...

I have received over 75 people sending me info on http://www.axiomled.com/imagepoint/ and several already placed in new jobs.

If anyone is looking - that currently buys our products - let me know - will send you some good people.

• 8 months later...

I wanted to again welcome all the new members lately and encourage them to introduce yourselves in the Tiki lounge Forum

A question that appears in the site registration asks "how you heard about us", I thought I would share that a lot of the common answers lately is "From a Supplier". That is interesting, and thank you to all for spreading the word. I hope you gain something out of visiting and taking part.

Cheers :beer-1: