ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Biggest set of channel letters in the world?

YYZ

I've seen some massive letters around, Vegas etc... but I'm trying to get an idea what the biggest set of channel letters are that you're aware of.

We're working with a customer whose letters are 25 feet tall (at the caps) and across the whole set, it reaches just shy of 500 feet. Anyone know of a set of letters that woudl top these?

I've seen some massive letters around, Vegas etc... but I'm trying to get an idea what the biggest set of channel letters are that you're aware of.

We're working with a customer whose letters are 25 feet tall (at the caps) and across the whole set, it reaches just shy of 500 feet. Anyone know of a set of letters that woudl top these?

THere was a large set of channel letters being built for the top of Mighty Ducks stadium in Orange County, CA so the planes flying over could see the stadium - they were about that big - was pretty crazy.

THere was a large set of channel letters being built for the top of Mighty Ducks stadium in Orange County, CA so the planes flying over could see the stadium - they were about that big - was pretty crazy.

Yeah, they dd that on the roof of Staples Center in LA, Toyota Center in Houston, some German stadium. None of those would be as large, though- this would be at least double that size.

apond6464a.jpg

Those letters only look about 10 feet tall and maybe 80 feet across, same as the wall mounted ones it seems. Lotsa bigger signs than that.

According to Wikipedia, the Hollywood sign is about 200 feet across - so these would be more than twice as long :blink:

Yeah, they dd that on the roof of Staples Center in LA, Toyota Center in Houston, some German stadium. None of those would be as large, though- this would be at least double that size.

apond6464a.jpg

Those letters only look about 10 feet tall and maybe 80 feet across, same as the wall mounted ones it seems. Lotsa bigger signs than that.

According to Wikipedia, the Hollywood sign is about 200 feet across - so these would be more than twice as long :blink:

Women would be impressed with the size of that Marko!!!

• !llumenati

Atlantic City has some gigantic letters on Trumps buildings. I would guess at 40+ feet. He always likes to do things bigger than everyone else.

How big are the letters on the TD tower in Toronto?

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Atlantic City has some gigantic letters on Trumps buildings. I would guess at 40+ feet. He always likes to do things bigger than everyone else.

How big are the letters on the TD tower in Toronto?

Really big. 40 feet tall or so. There's letters that large in Vegas also - but in terms of number of letters and total size, I can't think of anything bigger. Probably on some rooftop in Singapore for all we know...

Trump's new Toronto building is more than halfway to its total height, though I don't recall seeing any fancy signage in the renderings. It has a slightly NY style spire though.

Edited by YYZ

Sorry for the confusion. I ment TD bank. It has CL65 and Emerald Green on it.

I know what you meant and I answered "really big" - but the Trump talk confused things a little. Even the TD pieces aren't really letters, per se - it's a 4 sided set of logos with A LOT of exposed neon. I live about 20 miles from that tower, and while you can't make out the logo, that sign is one of the brightest things downtown. It was recently redone, wasn't it - last year sometime? Thing was BRIGHT for a month or so till it burned in.

From this pic - it looks 13' x 15' or so.

2572108731_9b42ae45d3.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_fxS9KdxXLv4/SHrLjYOt.../CN_TWR0016.JPG

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/115466...1f6bbee.jpg?v=0

I think IKEA stores have some of the biggest letters.

• !llumenati

Never thought about IKEA. There's one by Newark Airport. I dont get over there that often but will try and remember next time over there. Google images have a shot and they only look about 10 - 12 ft but are really thick strokes. I do know they are lit with lamps.

There is a 4 sets of 18 ft letters going up on a bank in N. Carolina. CL71 on 3" centers with 60mA

GOOD things happen for a reason......