ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Caught On Camera

Erik Sine

Caught On Camera

theif.jpg

Police want to know who the man pictured is.

He is believed to have stolen 15 transformers that were attached to a neon sign on the corner of Cobden St and Karangahape Rd.

The theft took place on the morning of Sunday, October 12, and the transformers are valued at $5,000.

Police investigations to date have not resulted in the man being identified and the owner of the transformers has, in the past few days, taken it upon himself to publish the man's picture on billboards throughout the city in an attempt to identify him and recover the missing equipment.

Sergeant Roy Simpson says a witness to the removal of the transformers took the photos that were supplied to Police, as he felt the incident was suspicious at the time.

"The photographer has been able to provide excellent evidence and it's only a matter of time before the man in the photo is identified," Mr Simpson says.

"This is a classic example of how the community and Police can - and do - work together to detect and resolve crime."

Anyone who knows who the man is or who's been offered all of some of the 5 Siet neon transformers should contact Sergeant Simpson on 09 302 6483.

The man in the photograph is wearing a grey camouflage top, black pants and an orange flouro vest with the words 'Spring Hill' written on the back

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron
Caught On Camera

theif.jpg

Police want to know who the man pictured is.

He is believed to have stolen 15 transformers that were attached to a neon sign on the corner of Cobden St and Karangahape Rd.

The theft took place on the morning of Sunday, October 12, and the transformers are valued at $5,000.

Police investigations to date have not resulted in the man being identified and the owner of the transformers has, in the past few days, taken it upon himself to publish the man's picture on billboards throughout the city in an attempt to identify him and recover the missing equipment.

Sergeant Roy Simpson says a witness to the removal of the transformers took the photos that were supplied to Police, as he felt the incident was suspicious at the time.

"The photographer has been able to provide excellent evidence and it's only a matter of time before the man in the photo is identified," Mr Simpson says.

"This is a classic example of how the community and Police can - and do - work together to detect and resolve crime."

Anyone who knows who the man is or who's been offered all of some of the 5 Siet neon transformers should contact Sergeant Simpson on 09 302 6483.

The man in the photograph is wearing a grey camouflage top, black pants and an orange flouro vest with the words 'Spring Hill' written on the back

I wonder why he picked transformers to steal, Is there a market for them or am I missing something?

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati
I wonder why he picked transformers to steal, Is there a market for them or am I missing something?

That's an easy question---------he didn't get paid, like in a pervious post, and is taking his trannies back ---------OR----------the guy sold a sign somewhere, couldn't afford his own transformers, and couldn't get paid until the sign was lit. And truth be told----he was probably NOT stealing them--when in fact he was just borrowing them so he could finish his sign, intent to return in about 90 days.

gn

• Board Patron
That's an easy question---------he didn't get paid, like in a pervious post, and is taking his trannies back ---------OR----------the guy sold a sign somewhere, couldn't afford his own transformers, and couldn't get paid until the sign was lit. And truth be told----he was probably NOT stealing them--when in fact he was just borrowing them so he could finish his sign, intent to return in about 90 days.

gn

Gee why didn't I think of that!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Actually, we had a rash of transformer thefts in South Florida back in the 90's. One store in particular was a Miami Subs on Collins Ave. With the amount of border neon on these jobs you could score 12 to 14 12,000 transformers in short order.

IIRC, they took them all 3 times and then my boss and the franchise came up with putting a camera on the roof. You can't see shit at night on a roof. Let alone on a cheap BW surveillance camera. I was sent out and recommended adding motion detectors on the roof. They never had another problem with stolen transformers. i think they had some problems with cats or pigeons.

It was definitely sign companies stealing the trannies. Lots of guys talk about other guys in the trade that get paid a couple of bucks a transformer.