ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

UL ALTERNATIVE FOR SIGN COMPANIES

Saw a post on www.signweb.com and contacted this company.

Within 10 minutes I got the following reply.

Maybe we have a solution to dealing with an out of date, monopoly that is UL...

"Thank you for your interest. We are putting this program together as a response to a cry for help. It will take a little while (maybe a week or two) to get it set up at our end and then we'll try to get everyone enrolled and converted. If you haven't heard from me or someone else in my office within the next 2 weeks, please call me.

The program will require initial training to UL48, with pricing comparable to the initial UL cost. There will be NO annual fee and audits are planned to be twice a year instead of quarterly or more like UL. We are currently working out all of the finer details of the program. Our primary goal is to provide a more client friendly attitude than exists currently from our competitors, without jeopardizing any safety requirements.

We are also setting up conversion parameters for companies who are already UL sign shops.

You could help our cause greatly by continuing to spread the word. The more interest that is shown, the faster this process will move.

Thanks again,

Phil

Phil Henning

Sales Engineer

CertifiGroup/MET"

Ya gotta love this!!!

SE Sign Guy / Sign Lights, Inc.

It sounds good, it's always nice to have competition.

I've talked to a couple of these alternative listers and we've had some threads on it before in the past and I've spent many hours on the phone with them and it was very hard for any of them to get back to us here with questions we had.

They've been very slow moving with anything that has to be done with the sign industry as a lot of them are very understaffed. They shuttered with the idea of a custom sign shop who continually changes configurations of products in their shop, and they have a lack of background with electric sign standards.

This all surprises me with not many listers involved with signs, but from my conversations I've had and hopefully things have changed, but if not then U.L. would still be easier to deal with as there we're a bunch of alternative costs involved to produce signs in your own shop, I'd have to look for that thread we did a while back, I had some good info on it.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Yeah, I just saw that link on Signweb and was gonna post it here but you beat me to it! Here is Phil's email

'philh@productsafet.com'