ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

VOLTARC closes

Erik Sine

VOLTARC has closed it's doors

VOLTARC as you know it is closed and will re-open this Thursday under new ownership, no one at the comapny even knows who the new owners are. What will change? Anyone's guess at this point. They say they will continue to sell their popular products under their existing name.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

There is a STRONG chance, that the new owners are LSI who is buying all the equipment. Looks like they will be moving to Houston. Now, what makes this interesting if this appears to be true is (Big chance this is), companies would have to buy direct from LSI who is competing against all on the national accounts.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
There is a STRONG chance, that the new owners are LSI who is buying all the equipment. Looks like they will be moving to Houston. Now, what makes this interesting if this appears to be true is (Big chance this is), companies would have to buy direct from LSI who is competing against all on the national accounts.

I had a couple of calls this past Friday along these same lines that seem to confirm this.

This would be no different than Blair Companies buying a few companies that are major suppliers on McDonalds - ones who make all the faces and arches.

I think this is smart of people like LSI and Blair to purchase these companies - a way of getting more business - indirectly - from existing customers.

The purchaser of the Voltarc assets is named LSI, but it is not LSI Industries of Cincinnati (which has major graphics operations in North Canton, OH and Houston, TX).

The actual buyer is Light-Source Inc of Orange, CT, which operates primarily in the areas of tanning lamps and germicidal lamps. Waterbury Republican American article

The purchaser of the Voltarc assets is named LSI, but it is not LSI Industries of Cincinnati (which has major graphics operations in North Canton, OH and Houston, TX).

The actual buyer is Light-Source Inc of Orange, CT, which operates primarily in the areas of tanning lamps and germicidal lamps. Waterbury Republican American article

This is also the company that bought Masonlite Ltd along with all the equipment and the name, which is now in Hungary. Still not sure if they are using the plant they took over.

This is also the company that bought Masonlite Ltd along with all the equipment and the name, which is now in Hungary. Still not sure if they are using the plant they took over.

As an employee of LSI and LCD Lighting hopefully I can add some insight to all of this and answer any questions that there may be. As many of you know back at the end of 2008 Voltarc had filed chapter 11, now almost a year later LSI has aquired the assets of Voltarc. The current plan is within the next 4 weeks, pack up the equipment that is located in Waterbury Connecticut, and move it to our current manufacturing facility in Orange CT.

We will still keep the Voltarc name for all lamps and wiring devices.

If there are any questions please ask.

thank you,

Jeremy

• !llumenati
As an employee of LSI and LCD Lighting hopefully I can add some insight to all of this and answer any questions that there may be. As many of you know back at the end of 2008 Voltarc had filed chapter 11, now almost a year later LSI has aquired the assets of Voltarc. The current plan is within the next 4 weeks, pack up the equipment that is located in Waterbury Connecticut, and move it to our current manufacturing facility in Orange CT.

We will still keep the Voltarc name for all lamps and wiring devices.

If there are any questions please ask.

thank you,

Jeremy

Good luck ---------- and what happened to Joe Walsh, or where did he go ?

gn

• !llumenati
Joe and I are now working side by side! Its great to have him on board.

Great to hear that, and please tell him I left several messages to call.

gn

In a matter of fact I do have a quick small question.

I know from the press release you posted Voltarc will continue to be based in CT, but Will the Voltarc products continue to me made here in the US?

Or will they me made offshore? As LSI seems to be global employing people from all over the world

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know the answer to this as I haven't seen a response to either validate it or not. I also heard the plant was out in Hungary as LSI purchased it from Masonlite Ltd as iankmf says but surely after buying that amount and kind of equipment wouldnt they want to use it to make money from it, not just leave it sat around not in operation, or have LSI since sold it on?

• Board Patron

Voltarcs rep (ex-rep) told me that the purchase was more of a personal vendetta between Christian and Vinni. He also said the glass will be coming out of Hungary or China.