ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Quality Sign to provide LED signs to 7-Eleven

Erik Sine

Quality Sign to provide LED signs to 7-Eleven

Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 2:29pm EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (Nov. 30, 2009) – Quality Sign Company, a national sign engineering and manufacturing company, will create signage for all of 7-Eleven Inc.’s new stores across the country. Quality Sign Company will provide exterior double-faced pylon signs and wall signage, all lit exclusively with LED technology.

Use of LED lights will provide 7-Eleven stores with significant reductions in carbon footprint, estimated energy savings between 60 and 80 percent, an average one-year return on investment and minimized service requirements over the life of their signs.

Quality Sign Company, based in Jacksonville, Fla., is one of the only sign manufacturers in the country currently creating double-faced, LED illuminated pylon signs using new lighting technology from GE. The company also is one of a select few to offer LED technology in all of its products. Quality Sign Company is a major advocate for green initiatives as environmentally friendly and cost-effective alternatives. In addition to the environmentally friendly LED lights used in the 7-Eleven signage, the signs will feature eco-friendly, low volatile organic compound (VOC) paint, with the safest VOC levels available.

“For the past 15 years, we have worked with 7-Eleven to produce signage that is innovative and provides consistency among its stores throughout the country,” said Roger Williams, CEO of Quality Sign Company. “This new phase in our relationship with 7-Eleven is a reflection of our continued dedication to bringing our customers cutting-edge technology and cost-efficient solutions.”

In addition to using green alternatives and practicing responsible disposal techniques, Quality Sign Company employs lean manufacturing practices. Through lean manufacturing, which includes one-piece flow manufacturing and meticulously organized workspaces, Quality Sign Company has increased capacity, reduced delivery time by more than one-third and improved environmental efficiency through waste reduction.

About Quality Sign Company

Quality Sign Company is a national sign engineering and manufacturing company that specializes in matching people with brands through identity solutions. Founded in 1962 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Quality Sign Company has extensive, successful project experience in a range of markets, including commercial, education, entertainment, food service, grocery, health care, non-profit, petroleum, retail and sports. The company views business relationships as collaborative brand partnerships and has worked with top national and international organizations, including 7-Eleven, Edwin Watts Golf, Goodwill, InMotion Entertainment, the Jacksonville Jaguars, Maxwell House and PepsiCo. For more information, visit www.qualitysigncompany.com.

# # #

--

Cara Hutt

Public Relations Account Executive

Burdette Ketchum

1023 Kings Avenue

Jacksonville, FL 32207

http://www.burdetteketchum.com

904.645.6200 (office) / 904.645.6080 (fax)

Since this story has run. Also check out:

Edited by Kgirl
Updated Story & Link
  • Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I would like to see the figures and layout for lumen per watt on this BS claim.

Sean, picture a 6' x 6' square 7-Eleven logo.

It would have at least 6, likely 8 fluorescent lamps in it, meaning anything from 400~600W depending on lamps used.

The same sign using Gelcore Power White, Axiom AXLE7 or our PowerStroke, would range from 100~150W, depending on modules and spacing.

Brightness would be the same, so saying 60~80% less energy is entirely reasonable.

Edited by YYZ

• Board Patron

I would like to see the figures and layout for lumen per watt on this BS claim.

Sean, picture a 6' x 6' square 7-Eleven logo.

It would have at least 6, likely 8 fluorescent lamps in it, meaning anything from 400~600W depending on lamps used.

The same sign using Gelcore Power White, Axiom AXLE7 or our PowerStroke, would range from 100~150W, depending on modules and spacing.

Brightness would be the same, so saying 60~80% less energy is entirely reasonable.

I don't think you can light a double faced 6'x6' sign as bright as daylight lamps with 100-150 watt of LEDs sorry but I'm not buyin' that

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I don't think you can light a double faced 6'x6' sign as bright as daylight lamps with 100-150 watt of LEDs sorry but I'm not buyin' that

Double faced would be a different story. I was thinking about the ones they put over their doors, which are S/F.

The D/F comparison would still likely be 400~600W vs 200~250W, though.

Hell, even if it's 300W, that could still be up to 50% energy savings - not to mention that a quality LED will last 3~5 times as long as a set of fluorescents (significant maintenance and re-lamp savings), and be just as bright all winter long with no start up problems.

It's one thing to compare LEDs to neon - neon is a more efficient and reliable light source than fluorescents - but now that LED efficiency is exceeding fluorescents, there is really not much debate which makes more sense if you're trying to save energy and maintenance costs.

It comes down to up front costs and payback time, since it's easier to spend $300 ever year changing lamps than it is to spend $1,500 once and not think about it again for 7 years while you're also saving money on hydro.

I believe this is not very true.

I know of two other companies that are making the LED illuminated signage for 7/11.

I also know that my dear brother's company, Permlight, is one of the vendors for 7/11.

Interesting that this conflicts with stories from other companies.

For those of who keep disputing the savings and ability for LED to keep up with neon and Florescent, WAKE UP!!

LED's are here and they're going to become, if they have not already, the dominant lighting source for our industry. The scales are tipping and the buzz words flying and once that train gets rolling you can either get on board or stand in the way, and as a hint THE TRAIN WINS.

Look at the progress in the last year and the few before that for LED's and the number of companies embracing the technology.

Once the EPA completes the ban on Mercury Vapor lamps, do you think that neon is far behind?

Are LED's perfect for all apps? Of course not, but neither is neon or Florescent.

MY neon plant sits in the corner with my 8-track, Beta and laser disk.

Are LED's perfect for all apps? Of course not, but neither is neon or Florescent.

Hmmmmmm. Why is your neon plant sitting in the corner not being used? Are you sold on LED for all your signs now?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

For those of who keep disputing the savings and ability for LED to keep up with neon and Florescent, WAKE UP!!

LED's are here and they're going to become, if they have not already, the dominant lighting source for our industry. The scales are tipping and the buzz words flying and once that train gets rolling you can either get on board or stand in the way, and as a hint THE TRAIN WINS.

Look at the progress in the last year and the few before that for LED's and the number of companies embracing the technology.

Once the EPA completes the ban on Mercury Vapor lamps, do you think that neon is far behind?

sounds like you do think LED's are perfect for everything

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

sounds like you do think LED's are perfect for everything

It's a figure of speach, not to be taken literally. Our plant is used mostly for repair now. I am sold on LED's for 90% of signs that use neon and 50-75% for cabinets. I've done the math on my shop time, service in the field and the profit margin and it was not a hard sell, that's for sure.

I'm not a neon hater, I know it will never be totally replaced, (at least I hope not) the look of a well designed and implimented open channel or design sign is a thing of beauty. Where applicable, I beleive LED is the better choice.

Also, my neon guy is much happier not bending glass, even though he deals with permits now.

• Board Patron

Also, my neon guy is much happier not bending glass, even though he deals with permits now.

If I had a supposed neon guy that would rather pull permits than bend glass I would have to use led's also. With all due respect your lack of a neon guy does not mean LED's are the cure all. Yea they are better for some things as is neon but most of the "buzz words" flying around are just words and have no real substance. Those "buzz words" work wonders on the general public and the uninformed and the marketing people for LED's have done a great snow job in most cases. The making of a neon tube creates no waste that is not 100% recyclable and when that tube reaches the end of it's life it is still 100% recycable, can the LED marketers say that NOPE! Is more energy used to produce LED's than neon? I don't know that is kept on the down low. So is LED really the greener choice? I don't think the answer is quite so simple

express%20neon%20sig.jpg