ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

September week 1 Newsletter

Kgirl

MESSAGE FROM THE "UNDERGROUND CONDUIT

September 7, 2010

By Kirstie Gastelum, SS Administrator

A sad day for our industry....

This weeks discussions on The Sign Syndicate we are very saddened to learn about the passing of a great contributor to the electric sign industry.......fellow friend......and member of the Sign Syndicate.....James Richards............everything else is secondary and minute....

Don't forget to log in under your free membership other wise you won't be able to see the The Sign Syndicate in it's entirety....and check out the newest products & specials from out Board Vendors below...

NEWEST BOARD DISCUSSIONS

JIM RICHARDS PASSES - UL JIM

That's a sad day for the sign industry. He always had time for questions, and always took the time to instruct on the nuances of UL. I had numerous calls with him, met him several times, and will surely be missed......

SIGNS OF THE TIMES - SEPTEMBER 2010 ISSUE, HERE WE GO AGAIN

TI saw this, especially the "Workhorse Channel Letter" garbage. I,m like you Eric, I wondered what the damn point was. I'm embarrassed for the person that wrote this. The whole magazine is just one big sales pitch anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love channel letters, my business depends on them....

LED LUMEN MAINTENANCE / FAILURE DROP (***Requires Board Patron Membership or Greater)

If they're appearing to degrade faster than predicted (as the syndicate test results would indicate), it probably has as much to do with ambient temps and 23-7 on time as anything else - but may also be that the test data supplied by Nichia, Cree, (etc) did not show the lifetime curves at the various drive currents as clearly as it could or should have. Every product is an educated guess based on info available, past experience and real-time testing......

NEW SIGN SYNDICATE FACEBOOK PAGE

I just created a new Facebook Page for the SS. If you are on FB come by and "Like us". We'll have certain site and project updates on the FB Page that you won't find here, or updates that will be delayed in getting here. .....

LED ISSUES WITH A SHORTAGE?

Any of you mfgs hear of a shortage coming up in September that will affect ALL led mfgs? Supposedly shortage of imported parts of led that all mfg use. I've heard rumor and would like to know what our board members say about this and whether it will affect everyone - Sloan, Axiom, Agilight ????......

MILEAGE RATES - What do you charge for out of town trips?

Locally we charge our standard hourly rate from the time we leave till the time we return. What do you do when a trip is say 90 miles one way and only an hour on site? Do you charge hourly or do you do a mileage rate and if you do charge a mileage rate, how is it determined? .......

NEW BOARD VENDORS PRODUCTS & SPECIALS

120 Watt, 90-277VAC input, 12 Volt DC Power Supply - only $55

- 2 Power supplies in one package From Axiom

http://store.axiomled.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PS120HD12

Eurocom Neon Equipment Summer Sale

- Sale on Neon Equipment and Accessories

LETRO-LED Light Bars and Modules now Available in 2800K White

- New Product From Eurocom

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4029

INSIDE SIGN DESIGN

- A new industry setting design book that I dare you to find an equal

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4005

PLASCO Trim Cap Special

- Remember this stuff??? Introductory Special Offer!!!

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3904