ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

September week 2 Newsletter

Kgirl

MESSAGE FROM THE "UNDERGROUND CONDUIT"

Every Sign Syndicate Board Newsletter we will send out links to our newest board news and information to make "The Happening" out in our industry known.

September 13, 2010

By Kirstie Gastelum, SS Administrator

Testing results are out for the month of July on all three of our white & red Neon, LED comparisons......New power comparison figures out for Ventex Venbrites in Project Tighty Whitey as well as The Red Light District....as well as neon.........

This weeks discussions on The Sign Syndicate we are discussing....Would you be interested in taking part of a Webinar that takes a scientific approach to looking at LED energy claims...is it 40% or 80%...or not at all?.....also Fluorescent and Neon advantages when it comes to lighting....this would be in industry first scientific webinar to LEDs and others....not a product promotional webinar.......

Don't forget to log in under your free membership other wise you won't be able to see the The Sign Syndicate in it's entirety....and check out the newest products & specials from out Board Vendors below...

"NEW" MONTHLY LIGHT PROJECT TESTING RESULTS

THE GREAT WHITE HOPE

GWH%20Banner%20225.jpg

Be looking for updates this month for adding new products in

PROJECT TIGHTY WHITEY

TW%20Project%20Banner%20225.jpg

One product removed. New power consumption numbers for Ventex Venbrites. Ambient temperatures starting to lower

THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT

Red%20Light%20225.jpg

Look for an additional product later this month. New power consumption numbers for the Ventex Venbrites and neon

NEWEST BOARD DISCUSSIONS

Sign Syndicate Webinar

Topic:

“Confused about LED energy savings claims? Is it 40% or 80%, or some other, or not at all? Find out from a thorough webinar tutorial and stay ahead of the game with your vendors, customers, and competitors.” "Fluorescent and Neon advantages when it comes to lighting, what LED engineers need to do to provide some equivalency in some regard"

Passing of Jim Richards

We have lost an ally to the sign industry and to public safety. My favorite Jim Richards story occurred about 15 years ago, right about when U.L. started to let us use G-Cups instead of PK or Hage Housings (both a bane to the proper installation of individual letters). We were at a reception at the NESA Regional Convention in Anaheim. Jim and I were talking shop and I thanked him and UL for finally seeing the logic and practicality of the G-Cup as an electrode housing. I then somewhat flippantly remarked that it only took UL 45 years to figure out how my grandfather did it to begin with. Jim chuckled, kind of shrugged his shoulders and conceded, "... at least we're listening".....

LED Lumen Maintenance / Failure Drop (Board Patron Membership required)

Poor LED products will have a more direct downwards line and not recover as much in colder periods. The dies, phosphors and bonding materials just aren't made to last period, regardless of ambient temps or drive currents. Again, under driving can help a great deal, but you're more likely to get products that are over-driven when compared to their materials......

Signs Of The Times - September 2010 Issue

I saw this, especially the "Workhorse Channel Letter" garbage. I,m like you Eric, I wondered what the damn point was. I'm embarrassed for the peroson that wrote this. The whole magazine is just one big sales pitch anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love channel letters, my business depends on them.......

Should Graphic Designers be certified for the signage industry in the future?

I look at a certification the same as a drivers license or a college degree. Yes you passed with the minimum required, big deal. If my golden retriever had thumbs she could do a lot of things. Certifications do not automatically insure talent and skill. This will not weed out the hacks. The hacks are not licensed, bonded, insured......

NEW BOARD VENDORS PRODUCTS & SPECIALS

120 Watt, 90-277VAC input, 12 Volt DC Power Supply - only $55

- 2 Power supplies in one package From Axiom

http://store.axiomled.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PS120HD12

Eurocom Neon Equipment Summer Sale

- Sale on Neon Equipment and Accessories

LETRO-LED Light Bars and Modules now Available in 2800K White

- New Product From Eurocom

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4029

INSIDE SIGN DESIGN

- A new industry setting design book that I dare you to find an equal

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4005

PLASCO Trim Cap Special

- Remember this stuff??? Introductory Special Offer!!!

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3904