ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Have To Buy A Cutter.. Ugg.

Hey again.

Ok, Some background, I make engraved signs, thats it, Thats all I've done for a while now.

Well, I recently changed boss's and the new boss wants me to also handle all our vinyl door signs and numbering of vehicles. (Mostly hours of operation and notices, no real graphics, plus not to many maybe a total of a few signs every week or two). So, I have to get a cutter.

Here is my question, We have signwarehouse as an authorized vendor, I see the various cutters that they offer and do you think I would be safe going for the low end cutter (the cougar) since I'll be doing so few signs? or should I upgrade to the Bobcat or Lynx.

Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If possible go with the Panther, the others are good too. I haven't had any problems with my Panther

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Please remove Sign Warehouse from your vendor list. I'm still waiting for the Lynx cutter they owe me. They seem to like to sell one item and ship you another.

Of course they wouldn't send me a BETTER machine than I ordered...

And forget about their tech support.... four months of calling (you have to leave a message, no live person) and no return call.

I'm dealing with the comptroller right now, no one lets you speak to Pres or VP, even though four managers have PROMISED me they would let me speak to them.... should have known.

That's one thing they need to adjust is their tech support. You always need to leave a message for a call back, that's crap in my opinion. I'm just lucky I haven't had any problems yet. I don't know what tech support is like for other machines but I've only owned a roland and a panther.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Signwarehouse update.... comptroller John Donnelly is not returning phone calls... got a stupid email from him telling me that if I report him to anyone he'll sue me for slander... so I left him a voicemail (no balls to answer my calls I guess) letting him know that I was going to let BBB, Texas Attorney General, ISA, Ripoffreport.com, thesqueakywheel.com, and any sign forum I can find know what they are doing... going to sue me for slander? Weak.... I have a huge stack of papers and pictures to back it all up..

So, deal with SW at your own risk.

:ash:

What was the dealio with you and your order again? You ordered a cutter and they sent you the wrong one? I'd like to hear the details if you don't mind

Purchased Creation HK cutter from them in Jan (little did I know that the HK stands for Hong Kong!). The cut depths were different from one end of the machine to the other. After three months I finally got ahold of someone in tech support (I had to call main number and be stubborn until they transferred me to a real person) like you were saying, it's a voicemail only operation.

They determined it was defective (duh) and offered to switch. So I said while we're at it, lets upgrade it to a Lynx and I'll pay the difference. So they charged me $1100 on my debit card (big mistake) for 600 upgrade fee and 500 to ensure I would send the old one back.

So low and behold, I got A cutter... ANOTHER HK. I shipped them back the old one. Instead of refunding me the entire 1100 onto my debit card, they refunded 500 to my OLD debit card from when I bought my first machine and kept the 600 upgrade fee.

So I am trying to find the 500 hold money and trying to get back the upgrade charge. Five flunkys and the comptroller later, nothing. I've sent plenty of pictures and all the info they ask for, then that person disappears and never returns my calls so I have to start all over with a new flunky.

So i'm guessing the end result is there waiting on you to send back and repay the $500.00 along with the non-refundable upgrade charge? How much time has gone by from the time they shipped you another HK?

So i'm guessing the end result is there waiting on you to send back and repay the $500.00 along with the non-refundable upgrade charge?  How much time has gone by from the time they shipped you another HK?

The 500 is in non-existant bank account limbo... the upgrade charge they still have.

They shipped me the last HK in April.