ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

December Week 3 - Newsletter

Kgirl

MESSAGE FROM THE "UNDERGROUND CONDUIT"

Every Sign Syndicate Board Newsletter we will send out links to our newest board news and information to make "The Happening" out in our industry known.

DECEMBER 20, 2010

By Kirstie Gastelum, SS Administrator

From The Sign Syndicate to everyone.....Christmas is coming...I did say Christmas...!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone...

This weeks discussions on The Sign Syndicate we are discussing LED power sources installations for channel letters....Working for national sign companies.......Wilkie crane trucks......Solid Works software........CNC tables......something very cool coming to ISA Vegas 2011...........

Don't forget to log in under your free membership other wise you won't be able to see the The Sign Syndicate in it's entirety....and check out the newest products & specials from out Board Vendors below...

NEWEST BOARD DISCUSSIONS

CHANNEL LETTER INSTALLATION: - REMOTE POWER SUPPLIES

TTo make a relatively short story. Inspectors are about as unknowledgeable as most sign people about this. You say "inspectors" - and as such they get to choose what they like and want. Their reasoning for such is up for grabs. UL still requires that metal letters be bonded - whether by conduit or by using the three wire led wire using one for the bond. Some inspectors, out here, like the conduit, flex or.....

WORKING FOR NATIONALS - PRICING AFTER THE FACT

Wondering how others handle this...we do a lot of work for nationals, both service and installation, and generally both sides are happy. What we're seeing more and more though is that after they receive their bill we get an email demanding lower parts pricing...even if we stayed under their NTE. We can either give them what they want or lose the account to someone who will. It's not so bad when they can replace our stock, say sending us a transformer, but when it comes to lamps.....

520 WILKIE - WHO HAS ONE AND DO YOU LIKE IT?

We have a Wilkie 520, It is very reliable, for a small crane it is as good as the skyhooks I used to work with, having to work the load line to telescope in and out while on service calls is a slight inconvenience, but over all you can't beat them, hell for most repairs you can get the parts at any auto parts store........

SOLID WORKS SOFTWARE

Has anyone here used (or heard of) Solidworks? It seems to be a graphical cad program, looks interesting but I only know of one sign company who uses it. We don't know the price yet, but will likely find that out next week. Anything anyone has heard would be appreciated!.....

CNC ROUTERS - WHAT DO YOU USE?

My boss has a goal - we are going to get a CNC router next year! I could use some info on the types of routers the industry uses, as well as the software. Thanks in advance!......

JUST READ SOMETHING COOL

Just learned General Stanley McChrystal the formal commander of Afghanistan that Obama fired will give the keynote address at the 2011 ISA in Vegas. That's awesome, talk about a "man's" man, anyone read that Rolling Stone article about him? Anyway, I think I just might make it a point to see the Keynote just to see him. I'm impressed......

NEW BOARD VENDORS PRODUCTS & SPECIALS

MET Labs UL48 Programe

- An alternative to UL

LETRO-LED Light Bars and Modules now Available in 2800K White

- New Product From Eurocom

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4029

INSIDE SIGN DESIGN

- A new industry setting design book that I dare you to find an equal

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4005

PLASCO Trim Cap Special

- Remember this stuff??? Introductory Special Offer!!!

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3904

NEW MONTHLY LIGHT PROJECT TESTING RESULTS