ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Shedding Light on Your True Color

Color Temperature Preference  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your preferred color temperature for cabinet signs and light boxes?

• 4000 Kelvin Neutral White
    • 5000 Kelvin Day Light
    • 6500 Kelvin Cool White
  2. 2. What is your preferred color temperature for White Channel Letters?

• 5000 Kelvin Day Light
    • 6500 Kelvin Cool White
  3. 3. What is your favorite color of overhead ambient lighting?

• 2700 Kelvin Warm White
    • 3500 Kelvin Halogen White
    • 5000 Kelvin Daylight
    • 6500 Kelvin Cool White
  4. 4. Question only for women on the board - do you think cooler white lighting is "cleaner" or do you think it "washes out" skin tones?

• I like cleaner cooler color temperatures
    • I like warmer white - makes my skin look better
  5. 5. Question for Cabinet Sign Digital Print Companies - what is the best color temperature for lighting digital prints and ads?

• 6500 Kelvin Cool White
    • 5000 Kelvin Day Light
  6. 6. Question for ALL - If you could only have one color of white light for everything - cabinet signs, ambient, channel letters, and cove lighting - what would it be?

• 2700 Kelvin Warm White
    • 3500 Kelvin Halogen White
    • 5000 Kelvin Daylight
    • 6500 Kelvin Cool White
  7. 7. How old (or young) are you?

• 20-30 yrs old
    • 30-40 yrs old
    • 40-50 yrs old
    • 50-60 yrs old
    • 60+ yrs old
  8. 8. Where did you grow up?

• North America
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Oceana (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands)
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Europe
  9. 9. When Color Temperature discussion become an issue with your customer what is the sex of the person making the fuss...or decision?

• Male
    • Female
    • Metrosexual youngster
  10. 10. What percentage of the time is color temperature an issue in your signage?

• Never
    • Sometimes
    • Always

KiwiLEDT8Tube.jpg

So what is your "true color"?

We hear so many different responses from people - really depends upon age, race, where they grew up.... everyone answers so differently. The other day I was speaking with the lighting manager of one of the top 3 billboard companies in the world - they had some very interesting comments on Color temperature.

We are always curious why everyone uses 6500 Kelvin for channel letters but uses 5000 Kelvin for Light Boxes/Cabinet signs. We know that neon for channel letters dictated the preference of 6500 Kelvin bluer white for letters and fluorescent drove the way for light boxes.

But what is best for you and your application?

And what is your preference - please be candid and share - lets have a candid conversation and dialogue.

Hard to answer some of these or take a poll. For me anyway I choose the lighting temp according to what I'm using it for. Colored graphics, DL or lower lamps, and for yellows and greens. Blue graphics or so, CW lamps. For CL Signs, I back up the lighting to the faces, redwith red, blue with blue, yellow with yellow, green with green. Halo white, 5000 to 6500.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill