ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

CAO Group Files LED Light Source Patent Infringement Lawsuit

Erik Sine

CAO Group Files LED Light Source Patent Infringement Lawsuit

May 11, 2011 10:08 ET

SALT LAKE CITY, UT--(Marketwire - May 11, 2011) - The CAO Group, Inc. has filed a lawsuit against GE Lighting, Inc., Osram Sylvania, Lighting Science Group Corp., Nexxus Lighting, Inc., Sharp Electronics Corporation, Toshiba International Corporation, Feit Electric Company, Inc., and Lights of America, Inc. in the United States District Court for the District of Utah. The lawsuit asserts that LED light sources sold by these companies infringe CAO Group's patents. These patents protect innovations at the core of LED light source solutions and include:

1. US Patent No. 6,465,961 -- Semiconductor Light Source.

2. US Patent No. 6,634,770 -- Light Source Using Semiconductor Devices.

3. US Patent No. 6,746,885 -- Method for Making a Semiconductor Light Source

By bringing the case, CAO Group is protecting its investments in these innovations and its ongoing business and will pursue all available remedies in the lawsuit.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I hope CAO has deep pockets, because they're about to get buried in legal fees.

Guest Signtiffic

I hope CAO has deep pockets, because they're about to get buried in legal fees.

Yes sir.... there's a lot of muscle in those named. Not to say they don't deserve it but it is what it is.

Guest Signtiffic

just browsing through my contacts and things to do list and realized that a few people who used to work at the above named defendants now work at the dentist's..... huh... funny world it is.

Riding on the coat tails of recent similar actions??? I dunno.....

Actually it appears they are going to "give it a go" because their products are performing so badly in the industry. Just take a look at the Great White Hope and Tighty Whitey tutorials - they are doing horrible!

• !llumenati

Actually it appears they are going to "give it a go" because their products are performing so badly in the industry. Just take a look at the Great White Hope and Tighty Whitey tutorials - they are doing horrible!

From the names mentioned it looks like it is an issue with something in one of their 3 other fields and not the sign industry. Pretty sure Sharp, Toshiba and Feit do not make sign products.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

From the names mentioned it looks like it is an issue with something in one of their 3 other fields and not the sign industry. Pretty sure Sharp, Toshiba and Feit do not make sign products.

CAO uses the same LEDs in those other products - buy an expensive LED lit TV - it will only fade about 40% in 2 years!!! Isnt that high value????

• !llumenati

Probably the same LED in the 60$ flashlight my son wants me to buy.

I still dont think it is because they are doing so bad in the sign industry or even have anything to do with the sign industry.

Split decision on an LED TV, Heard good and bad. 2 years use on a TV in our house is like 4 in a typical home. No radios in our house, it is our white noise at night. Next week my 73" mitsubishi comes in for my sons Wii, upgrading from his 60" Wii-V.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

we have a 24ft projector TV - powered by good old halogen!!!

A projector TV? Good grief! and you are always telling us to get with modern technology. LOL!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

we have a 24ft projector TV - powered by good old halogen!!!

A projector TV? Good grief! and you are always telling us to get with modern technology. LOL!

Doubt he meant a projection TV - probably a projector. And those aren't old technology, at least not the new ones. You go to a 3d theater - and its a projector. Go to an IMAX and its a projector - wouldn't say that is old technology.

gn

Guest Signtiffic

Nothing like a 110" widescreen FULL HD video game action in the rec room. All thanks to a projector and a $500 screen.

Projections are nice but for real home theaters where the setting in constantly dark, not for normal TV watching, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill