ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

ISA 2011: Industry Trends Report – Part One & Two

Part I

http://www.myprintresource.com/video/10271153/isa-2011-industry-trends-report-ndash-part-one

Lori Anderson ISA Head Honcho

This one is odd and quite contradictory from what I have read from articles, IMO mixed in with some fact of course.

The economy is hurting, and few sign companies are doing good. But their are "Pockets" not doing so well? Uh, let's find out who is busy, but busy making money, not earning it just to break even. I'd like to be optimistic too but we should get back to Lori's statement about how get told the sign industry that Obama has given us the "tools" to grow, yet government is growing larger. Restrictions in the workplace are at an all time high. But there's tools out there, just no one can seem to find them. Or is the noose to tight and the ankle chain to short for anyone to reach?

ISA Attendance, also ties into the the above paragraph. ISA's attendance is up, and our economy is at an all time low. True? Why is the exhibitor attendance up? When walking the floor and talking to a few vendors, the joke muttered under the breath was calling the show, "Signs China". We'll just continue to feed China,the country that's notorious for patent violation. But outside that, booths were smaller seminars were claimed to be larger in number, it's just too bad majority of those were nothing more than "infomercials" put on by Vendors to push their products & agenda's. Still waiting to see if ISA will one day strap it on and put on a "true" and unbiased light and energy efficiency seminar where color rendering, true tested lamp life is tested along with environmental conditions become factors. Hey, let's even mix in the pro's and cons of each light source as well even talk about recycling? Discuss misnomers of how certain products are marketed.

Was good to hear her opinion of newer technologies coming.

Also refreshing to hear her state that there are more sign companies pushing for :Sustainability & "Green" where it's not demanded by the sign user or client. How true that is! Fact is, too many companies are pushing sustainability with higher costs involved that's not supported by the sign user. But that contradicts the ISA "Sign Hugger" who says "it's not a trend...It's a migration" So who's aksing for what, and who's trying to stuff a square peg in a round hole?

"People claim green...but how do we know?" Exactly! So can ISA put together a program/seminar at next ISA's Expo so we can all kick around that idea that ties into the first paragraph? This needs to be a seminar put together with a few on this board, and some from ISA, namely "Magic Mouth" and the "Sign Hugger", we can even invite the "Cell Phone Sign Twirler" too. HEY, magic mouth can show us his 80%, the sign spinner can show us his 90%. The "Community Organizer" can be there too reporting, doing his part of much needed investigative journalism. I know, we can bring physical props to show everyone, props that everyone can see, feel, and touch. Most of all, measure for themselves. This way they know they aren't holding a magical enchanted item that defies logic and physical being. We'll measure light, energy, and wait, wait, Return on investment. Where these products best fit, and where they might now. This way the Magic Acts can stop over at Signs of The Times, and the Community Organizer can hang up his cape, gloves and hat.

Part II

http://www.myprintresource.com/video/10276361/isa-2011-industry-trends-report-ndash-part-two

I don't have much to say. It's with Tim "Green", I don't know Tim. But I can hug him (in a manly heterosexual way of course)and even though he's "Green"! I don't know him personally, but he answers pretty honesty. The best line??? "I'm not a TREE HUGGER"! :laughing1:

His hesitation in 5:22, "Green green or greenst"....."The question was...." LOL, with the smile on his face you know he's so short of saying "it's all a bunch of bullshit" :laughing1:

Check out 5:54 where she asks "But are they getting a green product?" "Is there any way to know their getting a "green" product"

This was rich. Tim Green, YOU'RE THE MAN! I don't know if Denise Gustavson got the answers she thought she was going to get, she looked bewildered and thrown off. But that might be what happens when you get told something by somebody that might contradict what you're being told.

Some truths in these interviews, I like it!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

ISA Attendance, also ties into the the above paragraph. ISA's attendance is up, and our economy is at an all time low. True? Why is the exhibitor attendance up?

Some of the attendance I think can be attributed to "misery loves company" attitude. Some actually want to hear others say their biz is kinda slow it makes them feel better knowing it's not just them and that they are not by themselves. I talk to a lot of business owners in other specialties and they seem relieved (almost comforted) when they talk to other business owners that say their biz is "slow but picking up".

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I'll tell you what's doing really good here and growing and that is Bar & Grills. I noticed a greater overseas attendance/visits this year compared to last. A lot of people I was expecting to be at the show locally or domestically were not. This seemed due to having to work rather than vacation/play. Saw a lot of little vendors at the show wiling to take a chance to be there, which was good to see.

I'm busy right now, a lot of quotes more than work. Busier than I was a few months ago, still see more mom and pop shops rather than corp or franchise stores opening up. But belt is still tightening.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Forgot to add. I loved to hear everyone's stories on what they were doing to get innovative or what they were changing up to start a new trend or need for their market place. Saw a lot of "Re-engineering" as Lori Anderson stated. Lot's of positive for everyone I talked to. Everyone's trying to "Adjust" their business model or ideology. The show and party conversations were inspiring, lot's I learned. It's Vegas, not too much misery going around unless you were losing. Kirstie & I came back home inspired by what we learned from people