ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I don't understand....

More Regulatory Flexibility Needed

ISA recently signed a letter sent by the National Association of Manufacturers and dozens of other trade associations to the U.S. House Small Business Committee, urging members of the committee to support a bill that will protect small businesses, including sign companies, from burdensome regulations. The Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act (H.R. 527) strengthens a law enacted 30 years ago (the Regulatory Flexibility Act) that has saved small businesses billions of dollars in regulatory costs, especially by enhancing the U.S. Small Business Administration's regulatory watchdog power over agency rule-making. This will help ensure that agencies thoroughly consider small-business interests in their analyses and will eliminate loopholes that allow agencies to avoid these analyses.

.....I thought according to Lori Anderson of ISA, when talking about President Obama's visit to Gelberg Signs in D.C., that this president was "giving us the tools" necessary to thrive in business.

“President Obama and his administration are to be commended for recognizing the vital role played by sign manufacturers in our nation’s economic recovery, as well as for providing them with the tools needed to bring their innovation, creativity and manufacturing expertise to the forefront of the battle to create new jobs in America.”.........“Visible and effective, on-premise signs drive over 40% of all small-business, retail traffic, and can make the different between success and failure with start-up companies.”

I guess the gushing and fainting has ended, and reality set in. Must be a DC thing, glad I'm on the West Coast.

:sprt (41):

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron
More Regulatory Flexibility Needed

ISA recently signed a letter sent by the National Association of Manufacturers and dozens of other trade associations to the U.S. House Small Business Committee, urging members of the committee to support a bill that will protect small businesses, including sign companies, from burdensome regulations. The Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act (H.R. 527) strengthens a law enacted 30 years ago (the Regulatory Flexibility Act) that has saved small businesses billions of dollars in regulatory costs, especially by enhancing the U.S. Small Business Administration's regulatory watchdog power over agency rule-making. This will help ensure that agencies thoroughly consider small-business interests in their analyses and will eliminate loopholes that allow agencies to avoid these analyses.

.....I thought according to Lori Anderson of ISA, when talking about President Obama's visit to Gelberg Signs in D.C., that this president was "giving us the tools" necessary to thrive in business.

“President Obama and his administration are to be commended for recognizing the vital role played by sign manufacturers in our nation’s economic recovery, as well as for providing them with the tools needed to bring their innovation, creativity and manufacturing expertise to the forefront of the battle to create new jobs in America.”.........“Visible and effective, on-premise signs drive over 40% of all small-business, retail traffic, and can make the different between success and failure with start-up companies.”

I guess the gushing and fainting has ended, and reality set in. Must be a DC thing, glad I'm on the West Coast.

:sprt (41):

Eric;

President Obama signed executive order #13563 which was only one of many tools that was referred to by Lori Anderson regarding Obama's visit to Gelberg Signs. The bottom line was that the EO was signed to require outdated old rules or cumbersome new rules analysed and modified so they don't burden small business.

The House of Representatives drafted H.R. 527 in conjunction with the executive order signed by the president to force it to grow teeth. Both the executive order and the bill are compatible with one another and hopefully will protect small business from outdated or unrealistic regulations in the future.

The ISA joined a group letter that included many other associations to push for the implementation of H.R. 527.

So the statement by Lori Anderson, H.R. 527 and ISA support for it via a group letter indicates to me that the gushing and fainting continues.

Dominic

13563.pdf

H.R. 527.pdf

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

Negative, that was signed at the beginning of the year. Lori goes back to last August and she was just talking out her ass just to say something and she felt compelled because he visited a sign shop. She never got specific because there IS nothing specific, the executive order you pointed out is pro-union. More tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Negative, that was signed at the beginning of the year. Lori goes back to last August and she was just talking out her ass just to say something and she felt compelled because he visited a sign shop. She never got specific because there IS nothing specific, the executive order you pointed out is pro-union. More tomorrow

Eric;

Everything that is done in Washington and in most state governments are never specific so wiggle room or back doors are always open. You are right that the ER and HR 527 were initiated at the beginning of the year. As far as Lori Andeson, what did you expect her to say? And take a read of HR 527 and see if you can understand the vagueness and non specificity of this document.

As far as the letter signed, I happened to be part of a group that signed on to the letter through another organization other than that of the ISA. (See attached letter). Notice this letter is chock full of non specifics, but we get the jist of what they were trying to say.

I realize you don't care for the ISA much and to be quite honest I don't know about them that much. But in regards to Lori Anderson, of course she was playing the game.

Dominic

HR 527 Letter.doc

It's not that I don't like ISA, they do some good but they also have a tendency to fall away from their original intention and creation. Things always start with good intentions. I question the good ol boys and gals that continue to be in it, always seems like the short termers are usually the best people in (they probably leave with good reason), the rest it's all about ego and control. You would think those need to spend more time on their business to get others paid up and current in the accounts payable dept.

Yeah , I know it's the game being played, just showing the contradiction where one side of the mouth says we have the necessary tools, the the other saying we need them protected. Which is it? Because they were all for Cap and Tax, whoops. Trade, which does nothing but kill business and take liberties.

Want to sign something and back something ISA? Endorse some movements that are looking to revert some of our current regulation, back some movements looking to reverse the environmental, and product safety movements that take away our choices on what to use in our industry and in our private lives, especially when it comes to lighting, paints, the list goes on. But the red movement pays good, whoops there I go again, Green Movement.

Others look at ISA as "Leadership", they see themselves that way. If they want the leadership roll, then "Lead!" Say what needs to be said to BENEFIT the sign industry, don't kowtow to this agency or that one, the government, fellow board members who are there for their own benefit, etc. Stop turning a unfortunate legislation into a damn program for it's members. Lately it's all about the big money big eyesore EMC's, yes their nice, but too many?

Alright, rant over.

• Board Patron

It's not that I don't like ISA, they do some good but they also have a tendency to fall away from their original intention and creation. Things always start with good intentions. I question the good ol boys and gals that continue to be in it, always seems like the short termers are usually the best people in (they probably leave with good reason), the rest it's all about ego and control. You would think those need to spend more time on their business to get others paid up and current in the accounts payable dept.

Yeah , I know it's the game being played, just showing the contradiction where one side of the mouth says we have the necessary tools, the the other saying we need them protected. Which is it? Because they were all for Cap and Tax, whoops. Trade, which does nothing but kill business and take liberties.

Want to sign something and back something ISA? Endorse some movements that are looking to revert some of our current regulation, back some movements looking to reverse the environmental, and product safety movements that take away our choices on what to use in our industry and in our private lives, especially when it comes to lighting, paints, the list goes on. But the red movement pays good, whoops there I go again, Green Movement.

Others look at ISA as "Leadership", they see themselves that way. If they want the leadership roll, then "Lead!" Say what needs to be said to BENEFIT the sign industry, don't kowtow to this agency or that one, the government, fellow board members who are there for their own benefit, etc. Stop turning a unfortunate legislation into a damn program for it's members. Lately it's all about the big money big eyesore EMC's, yes their nice, but too many?

Alright, rant over.

Eric;

I never take what you write as a rant but rather "PASSION". Never change my brother. As far as my cynical outlook, it's the only one I have.

Remember, no one ever looks for equality, they always look for advantage. And in the pursuit of self interest most become excellent chameleons. I think Shakespeare said it best "The world is stage and we all are actors".

Want change in the industry, you take The Sign Syndicate to the next level and be the center of the industry that actually gives a shit about its constituents rather than the "Big Money". Heck, maybe you could be the next Senator from California who actually gives a darn about the folks who put you in office.

Well, back to work.

Dominic

• !llumenati

Erik for senator, first. Then go for President! I'd vote for you and Kirstie. Could I get invited to the inauguration ball?

gn

Erik for senator, first. Then go for President! I'd vote for you and Kirstie. Could I get invited to the inauguration ball?

gn

It took all of about 2 seconds for me to start hearing "Happy Birthday Mr President" being sung in a sexy voice. We know she can wear high heels and just the right outfits, but can K-Girl sing?

gn

Too funny.......LMAO

gn

It took all of about 2 seconds for me to start hearing "Happy Birthday Mr President" being sung in a sexy voice. We know she can wear high heels and just the right outfits, but can K-Girl sing?

Who needs to sing when I have other tricks up my white dress with red heals on.......

See! See who else you'd be putting in the White House? I'd be a one termer for sure with too much scandal.

• Board Patron

See! See who else you'd be putting in the White House? I'd be a one termer for sure with too much scandal.

Eric;

Since I first nomitated you for office, can I at least be on your staff when you get to the Oval Office? There must be something I am qualified for...

Dominic

• Board Patron

That's the downfall, you'd all have cabinet positions.

Eric;

Now you are being very non specific.......... Yes or No, can I be Chief of Staff. I pledge my unyielding loyalty to your administration.

Dominic

President is not a job I would take, have you seen them after one year? Their either losing or you would think a bucket of white paint fell on their heads. But since we're having fun with this, absolutely, but wouldn't want your "Loyalty", just your "honesty", hopefully with plenty of "difference" in opinion.

Chubby would be my Press Secretary!

• !llumenati
Chubby would be my Press Secretary!

Now that is funny !! I could be one of those guys that just sits and gives opinions? Or I could be Vice President - travel around the world, pass out words of wisdom, etc.

gn

That would be funny because reporters would be made to feel stupid for asking stupid questions!

You would have more powers than Cheney!

I always thought is one of the coolest letters I ever read, this is from Dick Cheney

Dear Kate, Elizabeth, Grace, Philip, Richard and Sam,

As I write this, our nation is engaged in a war with terrorists of global reach. My principal focus as Vice President has been to help protect the American people and our way of life. The vigilance, diligence and unwavering commitment of those who protect our Nation has kept us safe from terrorist attacks of the kind we faced on September 11, 2001. We owe a special debt of gratitude to the members of our armed forces, intelligence agencies, law enforcement agencies and others who serve and sacrifice to keep us safe and free.

As you grow, you will come to understand the sacrifices that each generation makes to preserve freedom and democracy for future generations, and you will assume the important responsibilities of citizens in our society. I ask of you as my grandchildren what I asked of my daughters, that you always strive in your lives to do what is right.

May God bless and protect you.

post-3-0-83634700-1312071004.jpg

Acting President of the United States

(Grandpa Cheney)

It was a letter that Dick Cheney wrote to his grandchildren while he was acting President for Bush while he was under for surgery.