ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

speaking of solar

imanut

• !llumenati

Now that you guys brought up the subject - of course now I have to find a solar panel to light up a sign. Wouldn't you know it. Arent' there a couple guys on here that do solar panels? If so, please PM me.

gn

Gary - keep in mind that when using solar systems and batteries, that you have to be careful which LED product you decide to use - if that's another part of your sign equation. Batteries generally run between 13.5-13.8V, so if you're using a 12VDC lighting system you have to use one that has a wider operating range and utilizes on-board current regulation. Stay away from resistor based products. It doesn't seem like much, but that extra 1.5V might have you over-driving some products by 50% or more, meaning more light right away but then more rapid depreciation.

But you can put a DC regulator between the battery and LED mods no? I have some of these on old Vespa Scooters dropping the power that comes from the stator plate to the lighting. I wouldn't use anything other than CC Modules anyway.

Talk to Mark at eeLEDLighting, they have a few panels used for their jobs http://eeledlighting.com/

Maybe you might have seen what they had set up at the ISA show if you happened to drop by their booth

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I saw some new products last weekend at the Canadian sign show (CONSAC), so things are changing a little, but it mostly breaks down as follows (off the top of my head):

Regulated current products (aside from ours): GE, Sloan, new Agilight, some Axiom, EGL, Osram

Non-regulated current products: USLED, Permlight, some Agilight, Principal, Allanson, JTLED

There are lots of others out there and more than half fall into the latter group. If they're resellers of imported stuff, then 90% of is not current regulated.

Dear Gary,

all of our LETROLED LED products (modules or light bars) are current regulated products and will work just fine up to 15V without taking damage. The same goes for the digital light matrix you saw at the ISA show.

Cheers,

Malte

Hi Gary,

You can get in touch with Solar Signs Unplugged (http://solarsignsunplugged.com/) in Kansas City. Ask for Curtis Shaddox (816/405/3088), he should be able to help you with all your solar powered signage needs.

Cheers,

Malte